******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading this thread for the last few days and have to join in!

My mom, DD8, and I are going for a girl's trip December 9-17. Mom is not doing so well and DD has never been, I want to gift them with this trip and a bunch of awesome memories before I don't have the chance. I've budgeted for it all, but would LOVE FD! I mean, come on, who doesn't love free food?!?!! I love watching for this with you all!

As for magic bands, I keep going back and forth and switching them. Right now, I'm settled on gray...but wait, there's more! I am going to be wearing a smart watch. Love that it shows me texts without having to dig my phone out all the time. Among a lot of other features...anyway, I don't really want to wear two big things on each wrist. With the new puck piece, my plan is to pop it out, get the carabiner magic keeper but only use the round part. I ordered an awesome black leather badge/eyeglass holder on etsy. I plan to put the puck in the magic keeper and use the badge holder. Then I also ordered a black Minnie head sticker with a silver bow and silver monogram for the center of the puck. Hoping it looks more like a necklace and will match what I'm wearing every day, which is pretty much black, gray, white, and an accent color. When I read all that, doesn't sound so great, but I think it will look awesome!

Thanks for being a fun group to hang with while we wait!

I'm trying to post a the necklace pic, we'll see if it works...I will remove the silver clippy thing and use the key ring thing only.

il_570xN.845356999_fbrq.jpg

Are you s
My dates are Aug. 21-Sept.4. We'll keep our reservation and stay at POR with no FD if we can't get FD for our dates, but will try for BC if FD is available and POR has no availability. Should I book BC garden view now as a second reservation just in case?

Is it paying more to stay at a deluxe with FD versus staying at a Mod and paying out of pocket for the standard dining plan?

Black and Steve.....heard a rumor room discounts may come out tomorrow? Any truth to It? Have you heard any rumblings?

Oh my, I have adr's in the morning. That would be a super stressful morning for me!! :)
I remember last year on April 25th those that were trying to book ADRs because it was their 180 day were having some issues with the website due to FD dropping that morning and all the traffic on the DW website. Hoping that's not the case again this year.

I'm sure someone has already posted this, but these are the 2017 free dining dates that were listed on our bounce back offer last September:
5/30/17 - 6/6/17
6/30/17 - 7/5/17
8/11/17 - 9/9/17
12/8/17 - 12/20/17

We booked for December this year. It was surprising to have no October or November dates.

Are you s

Is it paying more to stay at a deluxe with FD versus staying at a Mod and paying out of pocket for the standard dining plan?

Staying at a deluxe (garden view Beach Club and Contemporary garden wing) is actually cheaper with FD than POR and paying out of pocket for dining plan. There are 5 of us.

Black and Steve.....heard a rumor room discounts may come out tomorrow? Any truth to It? Have you heard any rumblings?

I would be absolutely shocked if that rumor turns out to be true. I haven't heard anything on the back channels about it so I would classify it as noise.

At the moment, no real chatter going on. There may be too many other topics for people to be discussing. However, that's probably very telling on how far out from an offer we might be.

I would be absolutely shocked if that rumor turns out to be true. I haven't heard anything on the back channels about it so I would classify it as noise.

At the moment, no real chatter going on. There may be too many other topics for people to be discussing. However, that's probably very telling on how far out from an offer we might be.
I questioned the validity as well, although it came from someone who "should " be in the know. Haven't heard a thing about fd either. Kind of shoots the "coming out early" theory. Thanks for the reply !

Can I reuse my magic bands even if you don't get tickets from wdw?
Disney claims the battery in the MD will last a minimum of 3 years. You have the "option" to re-use a magic band until it has no battery life left. All my bands are still showing active in my MDE profile. For this years trip, I have the option to use my old ones or get new ones.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, my DH is t1 diabetic also and when we had dining in the past we found that they would exchange the dessert for a side salad, cup of soup or a fruit plate. BEWARE though that if you say he's diabetic some of the CMs will treat that the same as an allergy and everything stops until a chef can come out and talk to you. That's policy for allergies. My DD was a CM in a quick serve and they knew to stop even the order process until a chef could come out. We were held up a pretty good amount of time until we learned to just leave out the word "diabetic". I understand Disney's point of view here, but I'm assuming you know his dietary needs for yourselves.

This is good to know. We'll probably just ask for the switch at the qs without mentioning the d word. Do you think it's worth talking to chefs at ts? I'm just concerned about marinades and sauces mainly. He obviously knows things, but sometimes we've found servers (not at Disney bc we've never been) have no real idea about ingredients in sauces and marinades.

Just a heads up, my DH is t1 diabetic also and when we had dining in the past we found that they would exchange the dessert for a side salad, cup of soup or a fruit plate. BEWARE though that if you say he's diabetic some of the CMs will treat that the same as an allergy and everything stops until a chef can come out and talk to you. That's policy for allergies. My DD was a CM in a quick serve and they knew to stop even the order process until a chef could come out. We were held up a pretty good amount of time until we learned to just leave out the word "diabetic". I understand Disney's point of view here, but I'm assuming you know his dietary needs for yourselves.
For families like mine, the chef coming out was a true BLESSING. Yes, it does take longer, but for our group with 2 severe allergy ppl (dairy, peanut, and gluten), we were so thankful. One thing we found awesome, was the GF chicken fingers and the GF brownie. We actually like them better than the regular items. We ended up running over to Pinocchio village haus many times, just to get more GF brownies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter