******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHH!!!! we may be changing our dates(from week after Thanksgiving) to 9/9-9/17, which is great, but it means I'm already within my 180days, which means I'd need to figure out ADRs ASAP. HELP!

It'll be DH(who is a t1 diabetic, so he eat meat and veggies) Me, and our 2 year old son for three days, then my inlaws will be joining for six days.
Here's what I'm thinking
Tusker House (maybe on our first night to give our son a taste of what is to come)
Biergarten
Cape May
O'hana (dinner)
O'hana (breakfast on our last day)

Others that I have thought about:
Trex Cafe(my kid loves dinosaurs)
Liberty Tree(may be too difficult with DH dietary needs)
Sci-Fi Drive-in(I've heard its neat)
50s Prime Time (seems fun)

Any of these worth it?:
Hoop Dee Due Revue(2) - this may be really neat, has anyone taken a 2.5 year old? It seems like it may be over his head.
Mickey's backyard BBQ(2) - Mickey...need I say more? But is it really a great use of 2 credits when I could to another character meal for just 1?
Spirit of Aloha(2) - my SIL raves about this, but I've read its just ok. It seems like it may keep a 2.5 years old attention more then Hoop Dee Do though.
Yachtsmen (2) - bc I love steak. (we're also probably staying at BC)

I'm on this board looking for free dining in the fall. That's what I did last year. But my husband has a work seminar he has to attend in June. So, my son and I will be able to tag along and go to parks for 2-3 days. We've never stayed off property. Our hotel is walking distance to Disney Springs. Is it easy to get buses from Disney Springs to all the parks including water parks? Can I reuse my magic bands even if you don't get tickets from wdw? It will be different but we still get our real trip in the fall. This is just a bonus. Also, is it super hot in June?
It is very hot in July.

I have a question. Can you book FD in September and then book again in November and get both trips under FD? What if the total for both trips were more than 14 days combined?

AHHHH!!!! we may be changing our dates(from week after Thanksgiving) to 9/9-9/17, which is great, but it means I'm already within my 180days, which means I'd need to figure out ADRs ASAP. HELP!

It'll be DH(who is a t1 diabetic, so he eat meat and veggies) Me, and our 2 year old son for three days, then my inlaws will be joining for six days.
Here's what I'm thinking
Tusker House (maybe on our first night to give our son a taste of what is to come)
Biergarten
Cape May
O'hana (dinner)

Any of these worth it?:
Hoop Dee Due Revue(2) - this may be really neat, has anyone taken a 2.5 year old? It seems like it may be over his head.
Mickey's backyard BBQ(2) - Mickey...need I say more? But is it really a great use of 2 credits when I could to another character meal for just 1?
Spirit of Aloha(2) - my SIL raves about this, but I've read its just ok. It seems like it may keep a 2.5 years old attention more then Hoop Dee Do though.

Done them all!! Backyard BBQ lets the little ones run around and dance whereas the other 2 you'll be sitting longer. (I remember get easier access to the beer and wine at the BBQ as well, if that matters--HAHA; the Luau shut it down pretty quick if I remember correctly) Probably get more bang for your buck and more control over DHs diet doing 2 separate meals--more selection and also less time at each place--2 hours may get tough with the little one--the kids in our family were both ready to get up and go after the luau (10 and 5 y.o.) Hope this helps

Here's what I'm thinking
Biergarten
Cape May
O'hana (dinner)

Any of these worth it?:

I haven't been to any of the dinner shows yet but have HDD booked for our upcoming trip with my dd6 and DS just shy of 2. Everyone I've talked to has said that SOA doesn't really get interesting (especially for kids) until the second half and Mickey's BBQ is kind of chaotic with really little ones (hard to be up on the dance floor with them keeping an eye on them because there are sooo many kids trying to dance with the characters), plus it's outside on picnic tables (sitting with strangers, uncomfortable seats, bugs, weather). To contrast, many people have told me their toddlers loved HDD and even if the jokes were over their heads, the toddlers still enjoyed laughing with everyone else and often were given little washboards and things to make noise on.

Is that like Dutch liquorice?
Vegemite doesn't have a aniseed/liquorice taste. But I agree both are an aquired taste that most people who like it have had it since they were a child.
Yes, it's Dutch. They have Double Salt and I have even found triple salt. We grew up having them. My grandmother would give us a pill bottle of the diamond shaped ones. They are good when you have a sore throat. My youngest sister likes them too, our other sister doesn't love them.

I have a question. Can you book FD in September and then book again in November and get both trips under FD? What if the total for both trips were more than 14 days combined?
I'm sure they won't care. As long as each one has a start date falling within the Free Dining dates.

If they plan on future trips, they may wish to upgrade the first set of tickets to an AP and save the second set (do the least amount of days so it cost less). Or did I read something about tickets now expiring unless you pay for them to be non-expiring?

If you do, tell me how it goes! Remember - A SCRAPE of it on buttered toast.

It's also great for mouth ulcers. Dry the area and put a blob on. Tastiest medicine!! Stings but speeds up the healing process. Tells you a lot about the salt content!
His birthday isn't until the summer but I will let you know how he likes it! Thanks for the tip on how to eat it! I may be biased but Canada has some really great Maple Syrup.:drinking:

Here's what I'm thinking
Biergarten
Cape May
O'hana (dinner)

Any of these worth it?:
My youngest DS was 3 on our last trip and his favourite restaurant was Whispering Canyon.:) All 3 kids like O'hana, Sci-Fi, Tusker and Crystal Palace.:)

I'm on this board looking for free dining in the fall. That's what I did last year. But my husband has a work seminar he has to attend in June. So, my son and I will be able to tag along and go to parks for 2-3 days. We've never stayed off property. Our hotel is walking distance to Disney Springs. Is it easy to get buses from Disney Springs to all the parks including water parks? Can I reuse my magic bands even if you don't get tickets from wdw? It will be different but we still get our real trip in the fall. This is just a bonus. Also, is it super hot in June?

How fun that you get a bonus trip! I believe that you would have to take the busses to the TTC or to a hotel and connect to a park from there. I don't believe that you can go directly to a park from Disney Springs. I think you have to go to the TTC for water parks now too.

Yes you can use your MB's if you don't get them from Disney, just add the tickets to your MDE, and make sure you have an active band.

It'll be DH(who is a t1 diabetic, so he eat meat and veggies)

Just a heads up, my DH is t1 diabetic also and when we had dining in the past we found that they would exchange the dessert for a side salad, cup of soup or a fruit plate. BEWARE though that if you say he's diabetic some of the CMs will treat that the same as an allergy and everything stops until a chef can come out and talk to you. That's policy for allergies. My DD was a CM in a quick serve and they knew to stop even the order process until a chef could come out. We were held up a pretty good amount of time until we learned to just leave out the word "diabetic". I understand Disney's point of view here, but I'm assuming you know his dietary needs for yourselves.

Last edited:
:sunny:This is a very helpful thread! We are going in November. I am hoping to use FD for the first time! I hope they post dates soon. I am loosing sleep over all the details!!! Ready for the fun planning when I know our exact dates and that we can eat guilt free because it is "free"!! I would love to be apart of a fall thread if there is one!!

Flounder3:)
:earsboy::earsgirl::earboy2::earsgirl::earsboy:

Hopefully some time this week. I can't wait much longer.
While we're on the subject of MNSSHP, are those tickets refundable? We really hope to do them, but if we don't get FD we won't be able to. I know they sell out some nights and I'd prefer to buy our tickets right when then go on sale. Looks like they might be will be available before we know about FD. Oh the many worries of planning a WDW trip. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter