• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't modify OR cancel. My reservation says:

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call...and gives a phone #

Is this because a TA made my reservation?

If you made your reservation through a TA, ONLY the TA can make modifications. They "own" your reservation, so it is out of your hands.

I'm curious for those that have current reservations already if you show "modify" in MDE? Mine did show it but I had to make some changes and call to have them done, now it doesn't show modify. I was really hoping to be able to add the DP if it becomes available for our dates online and avoid having to call in:(
Now that you mention it, mine is gone too. I modified it to add waterparks and more to my tickets at some point, and now my modify button is gone. Well that sucks.

This thread has been very interesting. I have a question, we are going 12/6-12/14, our adult daughter is attending a conference so we can't really change the dates. If the free dining is blacked out (like last year)for 11/29-12/9 will we be able to get the FD for the remainder of our trip? Thanks

This thread has been very interesting. I have a question, we are going 12/6-12/14, our adult daughter is attending a conference so we can't really change the dates. If the free dining is blacked out (like last year)for 11/29-12/9 will we be able to get the FD for the remainder of our trip? Thanks
Unfortunately no. Your arrival day is what dictates eligibility. As an example, for the blackout dates from last year you mentioned in your post, if you arrived on 11/28/2016 you would be eligible for free dining for the entire length of your stay even though it overlapped the blackout period.

You can always book a room only for a few days and then switch to a package with fd a few days later if it's offered sometime during your trip.

If FD includes our dates we'll be booking at a Moderate but will need two separate rooms. Will we be able to book this online or have to call in to book?

to book them together you have to call and the phones are crazy.
you could book 2 rooms on line and call to link the ressies later. on line booking often opens up earlier than the phone lines

This may be a dumb question, but I see two different times that you can start calling for free dining, both 4:00am and 7:00am have been mentioned, I don't understand why, I just know I want to start calling as soon as possible! Why are there two times mentioned?

This may be a dumb question, but I see two different times that you can start calling for free dining, both 4:00am and 7:00am have been mentioned, I don't understand why, I just know I want to start calling as soon as possible! Why are there two times mentioned?
4:00 am EST is when Free Dining became available to book online last year.

7:00 am EST is when Disney phone lines open.

4:00 a.m. was when it was available for booking online when it was released last year. 7:00 a.m. was when the phone lines opened that day, and when you could call in and book.

4:00 am EST is when Free Dining became available to book online last year.

7:00 am EST is when Disney phone lines open.

4:00 a.m. was when it was available for booking online when it was released last year. 7:00 a.m. was when the phone lines opened that day, and when you could call in and book.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I appreciate it! Opens up new questions though. We were originally booked at POFQ with us paying for dining, but hoping free dining would pop up. We changed to All Star Sports, both to save money and to be able to get free dining when it comes out. If I'm reading things correctly I won't be able to modify an existing reservation until 7:00am, is that correct? It's not going to change our plans either way, we like the dining plan, even if we have to pay for it.

Terri

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I appreciate it! Opens up new questions though. We were originally booked at POFQ with us paying for dining, but hoping free dining would pop up. We changed to All Star Sports, both to save money and to be able to get free dining when it comes out. If I'm reading things correctly I won't be able to modify an existing reservation until 7:00am, is that correct? It's not going to change our plans either way, we like the dining plan, even if we have to pay for it.

Terri
I've never done it, but my understanding was that you could modify the existing reservation online when the packages became available to book online (so 4 a.m.). But I wouldn't guarantee that, because I did read that a lot of people weren't able to modify at all. I'm not sure why some could and some couldn't.

Right now, I'm not even seeing a modify button on my reservation. And others have said the same. So I wouldn't count on being able to modify online unless something changes before the release date. However, you could book a new reservation and then cancel the old one.

Terri

I've never done it, but my understanding was that you could modify the existing reservation online when the packages became available to book online (so 4 a.m.). But I wouldn't guarantee that, because I did read that a lot of people weren't able to modify at all. I'm not sure why some could and some couldn't.

@teedee ,

The post I quoted from @pigletto would be my same exact response. I don't know why some could modify and some couldn't. Perhaps those that couldn't were booked through a travel agent (just guessing). As I understand it, when using a TA, any "modifications" must be made through TA. I don't know if that is in fact true. Just a guess.

Just a hunch FD is coming sooner this year.... like in a couple weeks....lol I don't actually know.
Same with room only discounts.
I wonder if Disney will modify the FD this year.. if they exclude POR and FQ as usual... excited to find out!

I have read here and there that some people expect it to be more like late March rather than late April.

Hi everyone..
I have some questions, that may have been answered.. but it's late and I'm going cross eyed from reading 13 pages..

I'm booked at All Star Sports from 8/24/17 to 8/28/17. And I'd like stay at a moderate. I know Port may be on the FD plan, and from what I read, possibly CBR.

I need your advice.. should I change my reservation to Beach Resort (where I want to stay) or Port where it was available in the past?

Also, if I choose CBR, and that doesn't go on the FD plan.. how hard will it be to change..?

Or.. do you recommend something else..

This is too much pressure..

Thank you for your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter