Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

In for the 10k, and got both my kids in the for the kids' races! Last year I missed out on registering them, so I did them first this year!

I think RunDisney has hit the saturation (and price) point - It is already many hours after registration started and nothing is sold out yet. I know that the more popular races like Princess and SW still sell out but I remember when you had to be online immediately when registration started to even have a chance for all races. I also think that moving the dates so early with no form of insurance or deferral system setup has really caused a lot of people to wait and even question signing up.

Those are just my thoughts - I just found it very interesting that it is already 2pm PST and nothing has sold out yet.

No deferrals and moving the registration date up over a month so it's just two weeks before Christmas don't help the cause. I'll eventually register - probably after the holidays or after I see what the themes are.

But at this point? No way am I paying full registration rate for a Disney race on registration day. DL TAs aren't required to sell hotels OR tickets with bibs, so I'll just take my sweet time and wait for the inevitable discount. I'm sure they'll be selling at Princess or Tink Expo with a $25 or so discount.

How quickly does this generally sell out? I'm interested in doing the challenge and getting my Coast to Coast medal, but need to convince my wife.

How quickly does this generally sell out? I'm interested in doing the challenge and getting my Coast to Coast medal, but need to convince my wife.

IIRC the first three years of the challenge sold out very quickly but I don't think last year (year 4 of the challenge) sold at all.

2017 will be the 5th anniversary of the challenge so factor that in....but the magnitude of that factor is anybody's guess!

It's so refreshing to see all races available several days after public registration opened! I'd hope to see this trend follow with other races weekends!

Just registered for the Double Dare. I thought there was usually somewhere on the registration that you checked that you were going for your Coast to Coast medal. I didn't see it there tonight. :confused3

I don't know if anyone else has gotten this, but I just got an email from Disney with running related survey (it doesn't say specifically RunDisney on either the email or survey). It's asking questions about what kind of athletic apparel brands that I buy from and what I would be interested. Based on the questions I was asked, my inference is that they are contemplating changing up their athletic apparel brand that they use.

Yay! Just got a thumbs up from my hubby to do DL weekend (Challenge) again next year! Might be coming solo but at least I will be there!
Got my ressives at Stovalls- just need to actually register- but that will need to wait until after Christmas, when positive cash flow resumes.

I think I'm with other posters here -- not signing up for at least another several months (via Raw Threads or RunDisney with a discount code) and waiting because Christmas is next weekend and I have no money. I also want to see the medals before I sign up so I don't run into a Star Wars light side problem where I'm doing a 10k and Half w/o the challenge because I liked the medals so much.

I'm also waiting to see what the theming and hopefully medals look like before deciding whether to sign up. I registered early with a TA at a premium this year and then watched them sell bibs at reduced rates as race weekend got closer. That's on me and my desire to be sure I was in, but seeing that waiting would've saved $150-$200 still stings.

Wasn't even planning on considering it this year, but that 10th anniversary C2C medal is awfully tempting.

Anybody else notice that they changed the tech shirts for the 10k and half to long sleeved. I believe they were for star wars and avengers, but tink and disneyland were always short sleeved.

I know some like to wear the tech shirts for the race. Should be interesting if some end up wearing long sleeved tech shirts and its high 80s/90s Labor day weekend

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that they changed the tech shirts for the 10k and half to long sleeved. I believe they were for star wars and avengers, but tink and disneyland were always short sleeved.

I know some like to wear the tech shirts for the race. Should be interesting if some end up wearing long sleeved tech shirts and its high 80s/90s Labor day weekend
I thought they always did long sleeve for the fall/winter races and short sleeve for the spring/summer races.

Sounds like a typo to me. Maybe they copied some content from the Avengers or SWLS site and forgot to change it. I'd be shocked if they gave out long sleeve shirts in DL at summer time!

Just registered for not only my first runDisney race but my first race ever.. 5k! I plan to do one locally beforehand but haven't registered yet. Very excited to try. Figured I would do it at Disneyland first because, ya know, I won't back out. It's also my birthday weekend so what a birthday gift to myself to complete my first run.

@nikerbokers - excellent first race choice. It's not timed so you can enjoy the character stops and the ambiance of the park! Congrats - you'll want to keep doing them after this one. Rundisney puts on an amazing race experience. :)

DS is in for the kids race, DDs and I are in 5K and my second disney half for Double Dare!!!

I'm in for the Chicago Marathon also and wish me luck on the NYC Marathon too!!

Just signed up for the Double Dare. Thinking about adding in the 5k but that will have to wait until after Christmas. I wonder if they did the awesome redesign of the Dumbo medal this year because they knew it would be the last one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter