Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Woop woop! I was able to sign up significant other :stitch2: for his first 5k EVER, after I signed up for 10k, then went back and signed up for 5k to be with DBF! Ten minutes later DS (22yrs old)) decides he wants to run 10k...yes, was able to sign him up too. Significant other thinks I'm crazy, DS thinks I'm awesome, guess that makes me crazy awesome! :tigger:LOL In any event, looking forward to seeing everyone there. Now onto lodging arrangements!:eeyore:

These will be available during registration??? If not, and registration goes smoothly I may have to purchase them today so I don't have to worry about stuff at the expo!

You're asking about the "in training" shirts from disneystore. They aren't for sale during registration. And they won't be at the Expo. These are from disneystore and are to buy BEFORE the races so you can advertise for rundisney (I mean "show your excitement") while at the gym and on the road.

real quick, if my son who is 9 does the 1 mile run, can i run with him? if so , do i have register myself as well, or is it just assumed that parents will be with their children? same for the 1-3 tear olds . thanks all and good luck registering today!

Parents don't sign up. They just run. If they want to and their kids will let them.

I Did it!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Question though I was so nervous about actually getting in that I skipped all the presale stuff.... do you think I can order just the commemorative items by themselves?

YOu should be able to go back into your active account and buy merchandise later.

Last minute kid run question-if I'm doing the 10K on Saturday, would I be able to be there to see my kids do the 1 mile? Does anyone know if it is in the same area as the dashes or would that be difficult to time?

I found the 2015 Event Guide and at the last event the kid races were in the Epcot parking lot (I was saying that wrong elsewhere, going by knowledge of OTHER races, oops), so I'm sure you'll be able to see them.

The performance jacket is intriguing me. Anyone know where I can see what it looks like?

At Expo when you pick it up. Grr.

Okay so that explains why runDisney.com and Active.com were crashing...EVERYONE is trying to sign up!

ALWAYS.

Does anybody else think run Disney should update the photos on the princess half page ? I mean really...I have seen those same pics for at least 3yrs now !

YES yes yes. For all the races. And for Avengers and SW they are still showing the FAKE pictures they created before Avengers and SW had been run! Come on now.

Question- I know they don't have official teams, but I thought you could register an "unofficial" team and get commemorative bibs with team name on it. I didn't see that option when I went through it though. Do you do that at a later time or are they just not doing that anymore?

Interesting.

asking again, as I registered my toddler, but don't know if i have to register myself. Also, anyone else using KNO as sitters for the race?

You don't have to register yourself.

Oh...so no Castaway Cay Challenge with this weekend obviously.

NOPE.

They have stated firmly and repeatedly that there is NO Castaway Challenge for Princess this year. On the phone, in email, and in person at the Rock 'n Roll expos (Seattle for me and can't remember which one for someone else).

Does anyone know how to purchase tickets for the Pasta in the Park party? Does that happen later?

Should've happened today. Weird.

Now to figure out where to stay...we usually stay at BLT for marathon weekend, but we've never been to Princess...do the monorails run early for Princess? I'd heard there were fewer "host" resorts for Princess....

All hotels are hosts for Princess. The monorail info on the rundisney page tells us that they won't be running early but we've all decided that Stitch has taken over the page for that. Because it makes ZERO sense. And in the past it has been running. My cousin and I are staying at Bay Lake (first time using the 11 month booking for DVC, first time staying at MY resort!).

I'm still a newbie on this forum, though I've "lurked" for years and thrown an occasional comment in here and there. I'm registered for my 6th PHM in a row. I wasn't going to run it 2016 because I'm planning to do the Paris Half, but when the info for Paris came out and there was a castle to chateau challenge, I figured, that's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so here I am running Princess again (not that I'm complaining! I was really bummed thinking I'd have to forego this year).

Anyway, my point is, I'm looking to do this as cheaply as possible and I am going solo. I was wondering if there was a list anywhere or any interest here in getting groups to room together to split some costs. In short I'm looking for roommates for Saturday night in one of the Value Resorts. Anyone else?

asking again, as I registered my toddler, but don't know if i have to register myself. Also, anyone else using KNO as sitters for the race?

My husband and I are looking into this as well. A friend of mine used it last year for the Donald Half. There is an extra fee for the early start time but she said it went well for her little one and she really liked the sitter. They are bonded and insured and have really great reviews. It scares me a little to leave my little one with a stranger. Not sure we will do it but I'm definitely researching!!!

Okay, possible outfits - 5K: Flounder, 10k: Minnie (repeating an outfit I've used before, but no one will care except for me :P), half: Daisy...

I love them all!

So ... my sister and I made the decision not to register, for both scheduling and financial reasons (we're doing marathon weekend 5K & 10K, so at least we'll get our rD fix). But we're a little sad, so ... if my sister ends up not having class on Thursdays that semester and if I get a new job that allows me to pay for 2 registrations, 2 people's flights, and a hotel room ... we'll register for the 5K through a travel agent. That's 2 big IFs, but ... I'm trying to stay optimistic!
Of course, my costume would be Ariel. She's my favorite, so I'd have to!

Are the "in training" shirts true to size?
I was wondering that as well. I got the pink runDisney shirt a few months back and thought it ran big. I think I'm going to pop in to the Marathon Weekend thread and ask, since a bunch of them pre-ordered shirts recently.
I love them all!

So ... my sister and I made the decision not to register, for both scheduling and financial reasons (we're doing marathon weekend 5K & 10K, so at least we'll get our rD fix). But we're a little sad, so ... if my sister ends up not having class on Thursdays that semester and if I get a new job that allows me to pay for 2 registrations, 2 people's flights, and a hotel room ... we'll register for the 5K through a travel agent. That's 2 big IFs, but ... I'm trying to stay optimistic!
Of course, my costume would be Ariel. She's my favorite, so I'd have to!
I hope it works out!!

-------------------------

Outfits - just remembered that I have a Mickey & Minnie running skirt (I posted a picture a few pages back). DUH. I need to wear that for one of the races! That'll knock the Minnie outfit or the Flounder off of my list...:scratchin

Princess Half is 98% full!

Also, for those of you looking for the Pasta Party tickets, it looks like you can get those now. :)

Hi all!

I'm new to all of this. I'm signed up for my first half marathon. I'm actually moving to Orlando in September so I figured why not try a Disney marathon?! The half is actually three days before my birthday so I'm hoping to be a birthday princess. Thinking pink and blue theme like the dress made for Sleeping Beauty's birthday. Any tips and tricks for a first time half marathon runner? I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi all!

I'm new to all of this. I'm signed up for my first half marathon. I'm actually moving to Orlando in September so I figured why not try a Disney marathon?! The half is actually three days before my birthday so I'm hoping to be a birthday princess. Thinking pink and blue theme like the dress made for Sleeping Beauty's birthday. Any tips and tricks for a first time half marathon runner? I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Yay! Super exciting! :)

Biggest tip: TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. Make sure that you are prepared! I think that's the biggest mistake people make with Disney races - yes, they are fun and yes, they are magical, but you still signed up to cover 13.1 miles. Pixie dust alone is not enough!

Other tips:
- Get fitted for running shoes if you don't have them already
- Run a 10K at home to use as proof of time for coralling (has to be submitted by November 17)
- PACK LAYERS - both for running and for throwaway clothes (there were VERY cold temperatures this year for Princess Weekend!)
- Practice running in your running outfit ahead of time
- Nail down your race nutrition during training, and...

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA! :)

I'm sure I'll think of more later. :teeth:
I totally bought one of the training shirts. :hyper:

I'm a sucker.
I'm totally thinking about buying all 4 (waiting until tomorrow for the Friends & Family sale). What does that make me?! :teeth:

Hi all!

Hi @unicorntuxedo !!! :welcome:

Are the "in training" shirts true to size?

I generally wear a medium and that's what I bought my Dopey shirt in. I love it. It fits pretty true to size and is super soft, but also is the great Tech fabric.

That said, it's pretty fitted. I think I'm going to order the GSC shirt in a large, just to have a contrasting size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter