Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

As mac says it does vary a lot.

We don't wait in the holding areas any longer as it get long sometimes, we use the hotel guest entrance which is a much quieter line usually or wait till later to enter the parks..........but we have been released in the past as early as 5.50 and we did 2 houses and went on to the 3rd before they even opened the gates.

If you only have a couple of nights to do it's well worth being in the holding areas to get a good start on the houses.

Would it be possible to go in early and get one maybe two houses done then go and check in for non-private rip tour?

What time does your public tour begin?
Check in for tours is 30 minutes before the tour start time

I asked this question on another thread but it hasn't been answered yet, so here it goes.

Could I get away with not having express passes on Thursday 10/6? I'll be in the parks that day and can line up early.
I would like to see all of the houses 1x, and Bill and Ted's show.

Also, if they are needed do they sell out quickly, or can I wait until closer to October?

Thanks in advance.

This year we're hitting 4 nights, most ever for us. We usually do two nights (one RIP). Haven't felt the need for EP, certainly not with 4 shots this year.

That week has gotten progressively busier last few years. If I only had one night & it was Thursday 10/6, I'd likely add the EP.

If you are in the holding pen and get let out early say 6, you could get a house in before tour check in time
Possibly 2 if no lines

UT seems to have a pretty decent deal going with a 3 Day Park to Park and HHN combo. The only thing is you can only use the HHN portion of the package for 1 night out of the 3.

Would it make sense to purchase this package. Do one night HHN and just add on an Express Pass? We're going Oct 5th - 10th staying onsite.

UT seems to have a pretty decent deal going with a 3 Day Park to Park and HHN combo. The only thing is you can only use the HHN portion of the package for 1 night out of the 3.

Would it make sense to purchase this package. Do one night HHN and just add on an Express Pass? We're going Oct 5th - 10th staying onsite.

Based on your dates of stay, you have the 6-7-8-9 of October for Hhn
You can use the UT ticket in the Thursday or Sunday

If you go Sunday, buy the express pass as it will be high crowds
The ep for that night is $119.99 plus tax
This is the high end cost for the ep
Other words, UO expects crowds that night
Thursday will be less crowds and the ep is cheaper

Since you are doing one night only, my suggestion is Thursday and buy the ep
You should be able to do all the houses and see all the sites
Start the event by staying in one of the holding areas

Couldn't we also go on the 7th and add on a ep for $109?

So in your opinion, do you think we could do HHN on the 6th and 9th without needing an Express Pass to see all the houses, sites and Bill and Teds?

Thursday will have lighter crowds than Sunday
This is a holiday week end for those that have Monday off work/school.
Hhn closes at 2 am Monday

Sleep in day for those that have the next day free of work and school

I would say Thursday is the better option to go without the ep
The next day is a school and work day which will keep more out of the park

I have gone the Columbus Day weekend every year since 2005
I don't know everything but feel there are patterns formed with costs, crowds, etc

How it will be once Hhn begins, will give everyone ideas in expectations for crowds, line waits or the benefit of buying the ep, scare zones, houses, etc
Some of us can change our minds or plans of changing our usual method in doing Hhn once it opens

As of right now, I suggest Thursday would be easier to do then Sunday on that weekend

What are the "shows" mentioned on the HHN website. I understand there are some rides open plus 6 Haunted Houses. What else is going on throughout the park.
im trying to start building a plan but i see they have not fully released all the houses :(

Rumor is 9 houses
Bill and Teds Excellent adventure is back making it the 25 th year for it

Usual another type of show but only speculations and rumors so far

6 rides which are listed will be open

Number of scare zones in the park

Couldn't we also go on the 7th and add on a ep for $109?
Hhn tickets and express tickets are separate

Can not add express to the Hhn ticket
But you can buy the multi night Hhn pass that includes express
Those passes allow to do each house only once per date

Man... the hardest decision to make is whether to get an Express Pass or not. We're narrowed down the park days and plan on doing HHN on Thursday and Sunday.

If I KNEW we'd be able to see all the houses and shows in 2 nights, I would go without the XP. But something tells me we should just bite the bullet and get the Express Pass. We are staying onsite and will be in the parks all day, the night of HHN. So we'll be able to take advantage of the being in the holding pens and enter HHN early.

So, I'm not sure if we need an XP. Frequent Free is $319. That's a lot of money.

Man... the hardest decision to make is whether to get an Express Pass or not. We're narrowed down the park days and plan on doing HHN on Thursday and Sunday.

If I KNEW we'd be able to see all the houses and shows in 2 nights, I would go without the XP. But something tells me we should just bite the bullet and get the Express Pass. We are staying onsite and will be in the parks all day, the night of HHN. So we'll be able to take advantage of the being in the holding pens and enter HHN early.

So, I'm not sure if we need an XP. Frequent Free is $319. That's a lot of money.

Yes, it is a lot of money. Is it possible you could do three nights? It would be the same $319. We are Annual Passholders so we get a discount on our hotel(Portofino) and get the Rush of Fear with express for $299. We go to HHN three nights. We're on vacation and we really want to relax. We go to the parks in the morning(if we want to), spend the afternoons at the pools, go to City Walk for dinner, and then on to HHN. The express lets us see all the houses at least once, see all the Scare Zones, take in a show, and still have time to people watch(one of our favorite things to do at HHN). We're usually back in our hotel before midnight and while we are tired, were ready to start off fresh the next day after a restful sleep.

Yes, it is a lot of money. Is it possible you could do three nights? It would be the same $319. We are Annual Passholders so we get a discount on our hotel(Portofino) and get the Rush of Fear with express for $299. We go to HHN three nights. We're on vacation and we really want to relax. We go to the parks in the morning(if we want to), spend the afternoons at the pools, go to City Walk for dinner, and then on to HHN. The express lets us see all the houses at least once, see all the Scare Zones, take in a show, and still have time to people watch(one of our favorite things to do at HHN). We're usually back in our hotel before midnight and while we are tired, were ready to start off fresh the next day after a restful sleep.

The way you guys do it sounds pretty good. My biggest issue is if the express is even worth it. I imagine Sunday night before Columbus day is going to be packed. So maybe we just either do what you suggested (3 night no express) or man up and do 2 nights with express.

Everyone PLEASEEEEEE! Help me decide!

I'm in the same situation as you regarding express pass. We're going opening night and don't know if we need it. We've been three years, twice without and once with. The years without we didn't do everything as some had lines that never ended but the year we did get it, Halloween night I believe, some had decently long lines, like the Walking Dead and others, even the standby line was only 5-10 minutes and we felt like we could have gotten by without it.

Depending on how many houses you want to see, you might be able to do everything in two nights, granted not every house both nights but you could split it up between the two nights. If you do three nights no express you'd see everything.

The way you guys do it sounds pretty good. My biggest issue is if the express is even worth it. I imagine Sunday night before Columbus day is going to be packed. So maybe we just either do what you suggested (3 night no express) or man up and do 2 nights with express.

Everyone PLEASEEEEEE! Help me decide!
not sure how sunday attendance will be for hhn.
still a lot of time for those to plan and decide what dates they will do.

the private and non private rip tours are sold out for the 16th and 17th.
and it all happened within 2 days.
those two nights will have likely be crowded. saturday would have the crowds, possibly friday won't be as full as quite a few of the die hard fans skip opening night.
maybe the larger crowds will be those two dates
sunday could be okay since the next day is a work day and could only be the vacationers from out of town going that night.

yes, the sunday night before columbus day is always packed.
been doing that weekend since 2004.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding express pass. We're going opening night and don't know if we need it. We've been three years, twice without and once with. The years without we didn't do everything as some had lines that never ended but the year we did get it, Halloween night I believe, some had decently long lines, like the Walking Dead and others, even the standby line was only 5-10 minutes and we felt like we could have gotten by without it.

Depending on how many houses you want to see, you might be able to do everything in two nights, granted not every house both nights but you could split it up between the two nights. If you do three nights no express you'd see everything.

opening night has the ep selling at $79.99 which is the lowest costing ep out there.
it's also the ep cost for 22, 25 and oct 19.

when i see low prices like that, i don't expect huge crowds.
of course that could change once the event starts the first night and peeps buy the ep while in the park.

i've gone opening weekend, 2nd, 3rd and 4th weekends that hhn was going on.
never thought opening weekend was that full based on what i would see in the parks on the columbus day weekends.

but, each year hhn grows bigger in popularity so i never know what to expect on certain weeks until i read over forums for their viewpoints.

quite possible you could be facing a smaller crowd on the night you attend

once there is more talk going arouond about hhn, will anyone get an idea of how large the crowds will be.
if there are large crowds, i buy the ep
if you go multiple nights, you will be able to see all the houses on either nights

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter