OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

really thinking about doing the 1/2 next weekend. I wasn't there this year and I missed Marathon Weekend.

Does anyone know when reg starts?

I'm not a strong runner but I am very excited to push myself to train for the half next year. Hopefully a full the year after that and the Goofy the year of my 40th.

We are SOOO hoping that we will be there... DH ('rampant imagination') and I. Can't wait!

LIST Updated 1/19/2013

As of today, 1/19/2013, we have 60 DISers committed to the goal of participating in the 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend. :thumbsup2

How can we make this thread "OFFICIAL" ? :confused3

I lurked on these boards during the last weeks before the 2013 Marathon weekend but this is my first post. We had a great time doing the Donald, have registered for the Dumbo and are planning on the Mickey in 2014!

This Saturday at 0700 I'll be on the phone with Disney to make next year's FW site reservation. DW will be in for 3rd 5K plus Half, I'll be in for my 4th Dopey.

Please include DW, Embroidery Grandma, since she will be a 5K and Donald Half walker

I lurked on these boards during the last weeks before the 2013 Marathon weekend but this is my first post. We had a great time doing the Donald, have registered for the Dumbo and are planning on the Mickey in 2014!

Welcome! Great race plans! :thumbsup2

Hello:wave2: My husband and I completed the Tower of Terror race and the Half marathon and are going to go GOOFY in 2014!!! So excited!!! For anyone who went goofy this year any advice would be great!!!

Welcom, MPD!

Glad to have to aboard! And welcome to the DIS in general, don't be a stranger. :wizard:

LIST UPDATED, and we're calling ourselves "official" :goodvibes

I'm jumping in. Don't know what event I may do for 2014. I'm really hoping the chip & dale relay will come back as I want that medal.. Depending on what Mickey looks like I may do that.

Did Donald in 2012 for the anniversary, did Goofy this year for the anniversary Mickey medal & already signed up for Dumbo!

Getting excited about this race and its still a year away!
Quick question:
How often do they change the course of the races?

What is your speculation, will they keep the Marathon course going through the Wide World of Sports or go back to what is was the year before?

Would they ever change the 1/2 going from Epcot to Magic Kingdom and back?

Bryan

Nayrb said:
Quick question:

What is your speculation, will they keep the Marathon course going through the Wide World of Sports or go back to what is was the year before?

Bryan

I would guess the marathon route will be the same as this years. It gives them more time to prepare for MK's park opening.

Quick question:

Bryan

I can see them keeping the early entrance into MK for the previous mentioned reasons. But I also can imagine them removing the raceway...which is fine with me. That entry into the race track was a nightmare ramp down and back up.

Sadly, the WWOS would probably stay as well. Was not a fan of that section either.

This year was my 1st ever half marathon and I think I'm hooked! Count me in as one planning to do next year's half. Now hopefully my knee issue clears up and will no longer be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter