OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

I am definitely in! I am here at WDW now as I was registered to run the marathon this year but fractured my leg during training. Thinking of all the runners and hoping they are having a magical time! I am experiencing some major race envy, but I bought myself an "in training" shirt and am so looking forward to running my first full in 2014!!

I am in. Just finished my first half yesterday. Want to try a full next year! Maybe I can get the wife to run with me this time.

congrats!! great job! :cool1:

I am definitely in! I am here at WDW now as I was registered to run the marathon this year but fractured my leg during training. Thinking of all the runners and hoping they are having a magical time! I am experiencing some major race envy, but I bought myself an "in training" shirt and am so looking forward to running my first full in 2014!!

I'm injured too, my second stress fracture. :mad:

But let's heal properly so we can train properly. :thumbsup2 get well soon.

DH and I ran the half this weekend! This year was my "return" to running after a lot of time off so I was more or less training for distance (i.e. finish) than time. Finished in 3 hours and hoping to start some speed work to get to 2:45 next year. We're both in for the 2014 half!

put me on the list! I have to get my idea to run out to as many people as possible so I keep the pressure on me to do it. Restarting my weight and strength training basically now ( I REFUSE to start on january 1st for some reason, usually some arbitrary week in january though)

I am going goofy in 2014 with possibly the columbus marathon or 1/2 marathon as my first long distance run, sprinkled in with a few 5k / maybe 10k's if they fall right in the training schedule..

edit: I will be using the galloway goofy training schedule along with the Body for LIFE weight / cardio / strength program for general health.

I'm in! And with some persuasion hopefully my husband as well!

I'm planning on going Goofy! :)

Seriously thinking about running my first marathon in next year's event.

I ran my first have at the Wine & Dine Half. I have three other half marathons I think I am going to do this year. If I get through the first two fine, then I think I will mentally be ready to make the jump to the full.

I will be in for my 6th Marathon! My 2nd Goofy. I am going to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler, and the Space Coast Marathon this year as well.

We just returned from a fun filled first marathon weekend - I did the 5K, DH did the 1/2, and DD did first marathon. We are all planning on returning next year and I will be moving up to the 1/2. Will be doing running/walking but will see how much of each as training progresses. DS and girlfriend are also in since they couldn't this year and son's girlfriend in undergoing chemo for breast cancer - running next year is going to be her goal after treatment is done in mid-march.

edit: I will be using the galloway goofy training schedule along with the Body for LIFE weight / cardio / strength program for general health.

Great, I'm looking for a weight/strength program to go along with my injury recovery and Goofy Training. I'll look into this, thanks. :thumbsup2

DISer's/WISHers, I can't tell you how absolutely wonderful this is to see so many of us with the same goal. Whether it's the 5k, half, full, or Goofy, I love that we all have a love for both running AND Disney. :wizard:

At work people are so discouraging sometimes. Just because I'm injured they are telling me, "Go find another sport! You shouldn't run anymore! Try biking or swimming!" :(

Well, I look towards the support of communities of runners and Disney-philes such as this (as well as my doctor), in order to recovery from injury properly so that I can get back to training properly. Let's go!

(BTW the list of runners is updated on my first post.

Great, I'm looking for a weight/strength program to go along with my injury recovery and Goofy Training. I'll look into this, thanks. :thumbsup2

DISer's/WISHers, I can't tell you how absolutely wonderful this is to see so many of us with the same goal. Whether it's the 5k, half, full, or Goofy, I love that we all have a love for both running AND Disney. :wizard:

At work people are so discouraging sometimes. Just because I'm injured they are telling me, "Go find another sport! You shouldn't run anymore! Try biking or swimming!" :(

Well, I look towards the support of communities of runners and Disney-philes such as this (as well as my doctor), in order to recovery from injury properly so that I can get back to training properly. Let's go!

(BTW the list of runners is updated on my first post.
I am so glad that you are not detered and working hard toward your goal.
I think strength training and other muscle balancing activities are very important for remaining injury free. Can't wait to hear about your progress.
My friends just think I'm nuts for wanting to cover 26.2 miles. Well some wont ever be happy but at least we have the support of the Wishers and Disers!:cool1:

Just put a calendar together for training for the Columbus Marathon, then continuing onto the goofy challenge.. Figure if I have issues at the columbus marathon, I'll be able to learn from that and hopefully be prepared for the goofy.. Wow does it look daunting......:faint::eek: What have I gotten myself into:confused:

I'm...very sure I'm in. Registration hasn't opened yet. :P

The full was always my original goal. Always. The dream of going all over the World on foot is what made me pick up running shoes in the first place. I was scared of the pace requirement. I was never scared of the distance or the time I'd be out on the course.

After finishing the half this year, for the first time in my life I understood how VERY unprepared I am for this endeavor. If it were not for the better corral placement I would have been swept for sure. I've never felt that fear before. I really have to make every single day this year count as if my racing success depends on it. I need to be lighter. I need to get faster.

Count DH and I in for Goofy :)

DH was Goofy this year; I was only 2/3 Goofy so it will be my second attempt - next year hopefully I can skip the injury in the half ;)

I'm...very sure I'm in. Registration hasn't opened yet. :P

The full was always my original goal. Always. The dream of going all over the World on foot is what made me pick up running shoes in the first place. I was scared of the pace requirement. I was never scared of the distance or the time I'd be out on the course.

After finishing the half this year, for the first time in my life I understood how VERY unprepared I am for this endeavor. If it were not for the better corral placement I would have been swept for sure. I've never felt that fear before. I really have to make every single day this year count as if my racing success depends on it. I need to be lighter. I need to get faster.

Exactly, I am with the other poster who talked about doing strength training and maximizing the full year to train.
I just started Jillian Michael 30 day shred to accompany my low mile runs and hope to start in p90x after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter