Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I'm going to try and keep myself from buying anything at the Expo. Not sure how lucky I'll be, lol. Well, I did set $$ aside for the pins so that's it as far as official merchandise. I'm sure I'll get snagged by a vendor or two, lol.

In other news, got into a minor car accident this morning. Not how I wanted to start my last day of work before I'm on my running-vacation. Gah!

In other news, got into a minor car accident this morning. Not how I wanted to start my last day of work before I'm on my running-vacation. Gah!

So sorry to hear that!!! Hope you are ok.

For you CA Tinks, we're on the 5 with the SUV decorated and "pixied/Tinked out". Seeing lots of other Disney travelers and getting thumbs up. Anything to pass the time.:rotfl:

I do not miss that drive. So boring! Not that it's any more interesting now. Just shorter. Safe travels!

For you CA Tinks, we're on the 5 with the SUV decorated and "pixied/Tinked out". Seeing lots of other Disney travelers and getting thumbs up. Anything to pass the time.:rotfl:

I love that! Maybe I'll have to do that for Tink next year. Unless they add another DL race pre Tink for next year... :bitelip:

We are packed and ready for our early morning flight. Hope I can get some sleep tonight! Should be at expo first thing and I can't wait.

Run princess said:
We are packed and ready for our early morning flight. Hope I can get some sleep tonight! Should be at expo first thing and I can't wait.

Yay so exciting!!!! Totally jealous here. We leave tomorrow (good thing since I'm not packed) but I won't hit the expo until Saturday.....

Off to do my last training run!

On the plane waiting to leave for Los Angeles. Will be there in a couple of hours. Got dragged out of bed way too early for my taste for a non-race morning (I am not a morning person and prefer to do my runs at any of the time the day usually that isn't the morning when I'm not racing except for group training days). But we're on our way!

Edit: I meant day. Ah two hours of sleep.

StarGirl11 said:
On the plane waiting to leave for Los Angeles. Will be there in a couple of hours. Got dragged out of bed way too early for my taste for a non-race morning (I am not a morning person and prefer to do my runs at any of the time the morning usually that isn't the morning when I'm not racing except for group training days). But we're on our way!

This is the one plus of being an east coaster for this race.... 5am will feel like 8 (which to be honest is about as early as I've ever done a long run anyhow). Safe travels! Just finished my run now I can focus on the Vacation parts of the trip!

I took the morning off to get packed and ready, but don't leave until tomorrow. As soon as the sun comes up, I'm headed out for an easy few miles.

This is the one plus of being an east coaster for this race.... 5am will feel like 8 (which to be honest is about as early as I've ever done a long run anyhow). Safe travels! Just finished my run now I can focus on the Vacation parts of the trip!

Since I'm a west coaster, that's what worries me about GSC. My only WDW race was Wine & Dine in 2012 so the time change wasn't bad.

We don't arrive until 4:30 tomorrow. I booked the ticket way back in July and didn't know anything about pickup times. I'm supposed to pick up my sisters and her son's race packets (if the waivers come in mail today), in addition to mine and DDs. We have to take the DRE because of the car seat thing. I'm a little nervous I won't get to DLH until after 6. As long as I'm in line, am I ok? I know the expo closes at 7 and I have to get the kids packets so they can run on Saturday.

Since I'm a west coaster, I'm worried about the time change for GSC. My only WDW race was 2012 Wine & Dine which is a different can of worms for time.

We don't arrive until 4:30 tomorrow. I booked the ticket way back in July and didn't know anything about pickup times. I'm supposed to pick up my sisters and her son's race packets (if the waivers come in mail today), in addition to mine and DDs. We have to take the DRE because of the car seat thing. I'm a little nervous I won't get to DLH until after 6. As long as I'm in line, am I ok? I know the expo closes at 7 and I have to get the kids packets so they can run on Saturday.

Yea I think you'll be ok as long as your physically in the packet pick-up location before 7:00!

And in case you're not familiar w/ the DL expo/pickup ~ the bib pickups are not in the main expo room. You go past the room to the backside/parking lot area, near the main drive up entrance to the DLH. Bibs are below in the underground parking area and then shirts and bags are upstairs (but I think the kids races might be downstairs as well).

And in case you're not familiar w/ the DL expo/pickup ~ the bib pickups are not in the main expo room. You go past the room to the backside/parking lot area, near the main drive up entrance to the DLH. Bibs are below in the underground parking area and then shirts and bags are upstairs (but I think the kids races might be downstairs as well).

Thank you. I've been looking at where everything is at the expo to make sure I'm not just wandering around. If it was just me, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I'd feel bad if my nephew and DD couldn't participate though.

Since I'm a west coaster, that's what worries me about GSC. My only WDW race was Wine & Dine in 2012 so the time change wasn't bad.
when I did princess 2 years ago I was worried about it, but it ended up being fine. I was so filled with adrenaline I was ready to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter