Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

Woohoo!!! I am in! I even just added Wednesday night to my DVC reservation! I better get seriously training!

Where can I look to find out when Disney Visa or AP holders can start signing up for this? I am really worried about it selling out before I get a chance to sign up like dumbo did.

Where can I look to find out when Disney Visa or AP holders can start signing up for this? I am really worried about it selling out before I get a chance to sign up like dumbo did.

Last year it was about a week before the general public. Keep an eye on the boards. Someone will post the info here.

I stand corrected. Guess I need to revise the ressie. Assuming that I run.

I for one hope that they do time the 10k and return timing to the 5k.

I stand corrected. Guess I need to revise the ressie. Assuming that I run.

I for one hope that they do time the 10k and return timing to the 5k.

It really looks like they all will be timed for the Dopey. In the details you are given one bib for the challenge with a B-tag. I think that there will be mats and all Dopey runners will be in the first corral for the 5k and will be the only ones timed. The 10k is a timed race already (as is the one on CA) so that one is not an issue. There may only be a start and finish mat for these but I think there will be mats nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I find it interesting that the only way to register early so far is to pay double the price and do the Runner's World option starting April 2. At $1000 an entry that is insane! Anyone at a RnR race this weekend to see if the RunDisney booth is selling entries? I know there is at least one. And there is the NC Half, is there a RunDisney booth there?

bumped arrival to tuesday.. usually the slow time of year at work for us.. hope that continues or they will be mad I'm taking almost 2 weeks off lol..

Now I understand that you get a different bib when you're doing the Goofy to identify that you should receive a Goofy medal after the full marathon (and I'm assuming the same will hold for the Dopey)- but is there anything they do to confirm that you ran and completed all the necessary races for that(those) extra medals? Not trying to pull a fast one or anything, just genuinely curious.

Now I understand that you get a different bib when you're doing the Goofy to identify that you should receive a Goofy medal after the full marathon (and I'm assuming the same will hold for the Dopey)- but is there anything they do to confirm that you ran and completed all the necessary races for that(those) extra medals? Not trying to pull a fast one or anything, just genuinely curious.

I have read other accounts where they checked to make sure they completed, and others where they say they just showed up wearing their goofy bib and got the medal. I had heard they verified, but have read otherwise.. so who knows :D

I have read other accounts where they checked to make sure they completed, and others where they say they just showed up wearing their goofy bib and got the medal. I had heard they verified, but have read otherwise.. so who knows :D

Do they not do the wristbands anymore? When I ran in 2011 I had a wristband put on at the expo that was taken off at the end of the 1/2 and then exchanged for a medal at the end of the full.

Never thought I'd say Disney would save me money but if the 5K is on Friday then they just did! I can't skip 2 days of work to do the 5K on Thursday morning. I couldn't even get out Wednesday night unless I took the red-eye because I teach a night class. So if I do the Goofy and 10K separate then I'll save $65.

I want to do this...but I just don't know about the extra time off of work. Wonder if there is any chance of race day packet pickup for 5k...there is no way I could get into Orlando before 10pm Wednesday.

Do they not do the wristbands anymore? When I ran in 2011 I had a wristband put on at the expo that was taken off at the end of the 1/2 and then exchanged for a medal at the end of the full.

Nope, no wristbands. I did goofy this past january. At the end of the marathon, they directed me towards a group of smiling volunteers with the goofy medals. No checking to see that I did both.

I want to do this...but I just don't know about the extra time off of work. Wonder if there is any chance of race day packet pickup for 5k...there is no way I could get into Orlando before 10pm Wednesday.

Traditionally, they have had an 'unofficial' packet pickup on race morning for the 5k. As the race gets closer, it is worth a question.

OR - I know a certain coach who is looking at a house just off property who may be persuaded to pick up a packet of two. No commitments , yet.

For Princess weekend this year, we were able to pick up the 5k and Kids race bibs before the races. Then after the races, we had to go to the Expo to pick up the shirts and rest of the "packet" things. Hopefully they will have the same set up for the 5k in January!

If anyone finds out or knows if they are going to change the Donald or Goofy medal please post. I know they will change the date but will they change the design. I can't do the Dopey so now it boils down to the 10K and full if medals don't change, or 10K and Goofy if they do.

Traditionally, they have had an 'unofficial' packet pickup on race morning for the 5k. As the race gets closer, it is worth a question.

OR - I know a certain coach who is looking at a house just off property who may be persuaded to pick up a packet of two. No commitments , yet.

Best wishes on your move, Coach. Very exciting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter