• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

Lets get to the real question....

How many medals will you get. Cuz this is all about the bling!!!! :rotfl2:

If the Dopey is 10K, Half, Full...

Will you get 5 medals?
One for the 10K
One for the Half
One for the Full
One for the Goofy
One for the Dopey

Or will it just be 4 medals with no Goofy medal?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, this is what I want to know too. And then if you did Dumbo too later that year you'd add an additional 4 medals for a total of 9!! Wow!!

Yes, this is what I want to know too. And then if you did Dumbo too later that year you'd add an additional 4 medals for a total of 9!! Wow!!

That's what I am doing this year. Did the unofficial Dopey this year and then running the Dumbo. So I'll have 8 Disney medals for 2013. W00t!! :)

I was thinking about "only" doing the full in 2014 after finishing the Goofy this year but I must say that the idea of doing the inaugural Dopey is quite tempting! :blush:

Amanda

I would think you would still receive the Goofy medal for completing the Dopey. You still get the full and half medals when completing the Goofy. When you do the Dopey, you are still completing the Goofy. I still don't have a Goofy medal. 2014 was the year I was planning on finally getting one. So if the Dopey doesn't include the Goofy medal I will just do the Goofy so I can get the coveted medal. If the Dopey does include the Goofy medal I am going to go Dopey. If this makes sense to anyone but me, I will be amazed.:rotfl:

I would think you would still receive the Goofy medal for completing the Dopey. You still get the full and half medals when completing the Goofy. When you do the Dopey, you are still completing the Goofy. I still don't have a Goofy medal. 2014 was the year I was planning on finally getting one. So if the Dopey doesn't include the Goofy medal I will just do the Goofy so I can get the coveted medal. If the Dopey does include the Goofy medal I am going to go Dopey. If this makes sense to anyone but me, I will be amazed.:rotfl:

Actually made perfect sense..

That is kind of where I am at.... I run 5 miles on that friday as is, so the additional 1.2 miles is not all that bad.

I think the pricing indicates that you would get a Goofy medal as well. If you as them up separately then that leaves about $45 I think to cover the cost of that 4th medal and shirt...

I think that it would only be right to get the Goofy medal for the achievement of the half + full, and the dopey for all three...

Wasn't going to do Goofy until 2015 but I think I need to do this..

Anyone else notice an option missing from the lineup? I just remembered, as I was putting on my Relay shirt from 2012 - there's no Relay option! Didn't they say last year that the relay would be on hiatus for 1 year due to the special new course? Huh.
Well I'm glad I got that Chip n Dale medal. Who knows if that race will return!

Anyone else notice an option missing from the lineup? I just remembered, as I was putting on my Relay shirt from 2012 - there's no Relay option! Didn't they say last year that the relay would be on hiatus for 1 year due to the special new course? Huh.
Well I'm glad I got that Chip n Dale medal. Who knows if that race will return!

I heard an interview on a podcast (probably the mickey miles podcast) where the person said that the logistics of a relay were really challenging and they had no plans to bring back a relay option in the near future. :confused3

Amanda

Sadly, it makes perfect sense to me! :rotfl2:

Lets get to the real question....

How many medals will you get. Cuz this is all about the bling!!!! :rotfl2:

If the Dopey is 10K, Half, Full...

Will you get 5 medals?
One for the 10K
One for the Half
One for the Full
One for the Goofy
One for the Dopey

Or will it just be 4 medals with no Goofy medal?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, this is the real question! If you get 5, count 'em FIVE, medals for doing all 3 races, then this will be really hard to turn down! And that Dopey medal better be ginormous!

Saw this on one or two FB fan pages.. Not sure if it's true or not but hey.. who knows....

"Stay tuned to the runDisney page, Twitter and Facebook for an official announcement of our plans at 3pm EST."

I got an email from runDisney:

"Good afternoon Liz,

Thank you for your email. Stay tuned to the runDisney page, Twitter and
Facebook for an official announcement of our plans at 3pm EST. Have a
great day.

runDisney"

10 mins! :D

YES !!! I was right!!!!!

Dopey Challenge
Thursday, January 9 - Sunday, January 12, 2014
Start/Finish: Epcot®

Run 48.6 miles of fun in the Dopey Challenge!

Are you ready for the ultimate endurance challenge? Then take part in four days of fun for a total of 48.6 miles in the all-new Dopey Challenge! Participants will run the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon, and if you complete all four races within the pacing requirements you will be awarded the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge medal and the brand new Dopey Challenge finisher medal for a total of six pieces of "bling."

You must register for the Dopey Challenge to receive the Goofy Challenge and Dopey Challenge medals upon completion of all four races within the pacing requirements. Registering for these four events individually will not enable you to receive the challenge medals.

The Dopey Challenge will feature:
Four courses through Walt Disney World® Theme Parks totaling 48.6 miles
Disney Characters and Entertainment on-course
Event Weekend Transportation for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests
Family Reunion Area with entertainment and characters
Indulge and unwind at the Downtown Disney® After Party (Sunday evening)

Race participants in the Dopey Challenge will receive:
Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Tech Shirts for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge & Dopey Challenge, and 5K Unisex T-Shirt*
Special Dopey finisher medal, along with the commemorative medals for the Marathon, Half Marathon & Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge, and the 5K finisher medallion*
Official Race Program Guide*
iGiftBag
Personalized bib (Must register by November 1, 2013 for name to appear on bib)*
On-course and post-race refreshments
ChronoTrack B-tag timed race
Personalized results website

Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.

* Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at Disney's Health & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.

Didn't they say last year that the relay would be on hiatus for 1 year due to the special new course?

At the 2013 Marathon Meetup they said any future relays were unlikely due to complicated logistics. No more W&D relay and Chip & Dale unlikely to return.

One and done for the chip n dale. That's too bad, it's a cute medal!

Well, that $495 is a little easier to understand knowing it includes the 5k as well

Do we know if the 10k is chip timed? (And the DDD one for that matter?) Or is more like the 5k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter