Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Got 4 miles on the treadmill done after working through a sinus headache. I really didn't want to do it but now that I'm done I feel great! Got it done in just under 48mins and that's really good for me :)

It's my TOM too and I used a Super tampon. It was ok for me. For pads I usually use Target brand with wings. Never ran in one but they are 'comfy' just for day use. I'm feeling lucky as I'm an every 28 day kinda girl so I'll be good for the race.

Got 4 miles on the treadmill done after working through a sinus headache. I really didn't want to do it but now that I'm done I feel great! Got it done in just under 48mins and that's really good for me :)

It's my TOM too and I used a Super tampon. It was ok for me. For pads I usually use Target brand with wings. Never ran in one but they are 'comfy' just for day use. I'm feeling lucky as I'm an every 28 day kinda girl so I'll be good for the race.

I give you so much credit for running through a headache! I live with headaches about 60-70% of the time (sinus, teeth grinding, hormones, :cheer2::worship:a myriad of things!) so some weeks I can't get out as much as I want to. You are AWESOME! :cheer2: :worship:

OK, I did it. Thank goodness for this board, and for posting my plan, because I would have turned around about 30 times if I didn't feel like I'd have to explain it to you all! :eek: It was about 15F and windy as heck. I did my 11 miles though! I walked a lot--it was so cold I just couldn't sustain the energy. I had shorts under windstopper tights and a thermal shirt under a windstopper jacket, gloves under mittens, and a headphone hat. Definitely need another layer on the bottom half, though! It took hours to warm up.

Here's what I posted on DM:

Oh. The. Cold. So very cold. The last mile before I had planned to turn around in Easthampton was very icy, so I decided to do an extra mile and back in Noho after I got to my car. That first of those two miles, going away from my car and into the wind, was the worst ever. I seriously thought my garmin was broken. I kept saying, well, .2 to go, probably just to that fence, and I'd get to the fence and it would be another .17. ***? I've been home an hour and my butt is still numb. But at least now I know I can do it. Unless those last 2.1 miles at the princess half are in 15F weather, I should be able to hack it!

On TOM issue, this may seem weird to some people, but I swear by my Diva cup. Totally amazing. http://www.divacup.com/ I get migraines that are connected with my cycle, so my big fear is that I'll have one on HM day. Fingers crossed it picks a different day to knock me out.

Cate

Umm... I know they say that women who spend time together tend to be in sync, but this is ridiculous! I am also in the TOM club. Last year, it was around my TOM during race time (my body has switched from end of month to mid-month during the last year, for some reason) and I was so paranoid about starting during the race that I actually put 3 quarters in my shoe pocket-thing just in case I needed to stop at the bathroom in Tomorrowland and use the machine! Fortunately, it held off until that night! Although, ironically, I still had to use the machine in Tomorrowland since that's where we happened to be when I got "the call"! While we're on the subject, why do they make the machines right by the door opening? I was getting a tampon out and I was in full view of 2 boys who were obviously waiting for mom / sisters in the ladies room.:laughing:

Hi, friends! I so enjoy this thread (as well as the facebook page!) - it provides me with such inspiration and encouragement! This will be my 2nd half - My 1st was the 2011 Princess half! Yesterday I did 10.8 miles. It was quite slow, but it was my longest distance since last year's half, so it was to be expected. I hope to get some faster (shorter) runs in this week.

Only 6 weeks to go!!

Ladies add me to the "club" if you all stay with me next month, my iphone app MyCycle says we should be good for the race and be on an off week, don't let stress get to you.
Pj

I swore to myself I was not responding to this quote but it was just getting too weird..my TOM too.

Ran at the gym today. 5 miles. I was not as tough as others. Too cold. Was 4 degrees on way to gym this AM. My hips are sore. Which I never had before. HopIng to get some stretching in this week.

I think I'm going to try the compression socks for post race. I think I'll be too hot with them during race. Did anyone find any "pretty" ones?Went to my local running store today. Not much of a selection.

Did my first post WDW 1/2- Pre Princess run today and went tolerably.

I'm not so worried on distance but really want to take a chunk out of my times (all 4 1/2s have finished within 10 min) so started so will be working a LOT harder on maintaining and increasing run times vs walk times..

-em

For those of you who don't get the mousesavers newsletter, here is a list of what to expect to be closed for refurbishment near the time of the Princess 1/2 Marathon. I'm posting attractions in the week prior and following the race (2/18 - 3/3):

Refurbishment/Closure/Update Schedule at Walt Disney World
Refurbishment/closure information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting.

Disney Hollywood Studios
-Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure (Hollywood Studios) closed through 3/11/12 for refurbishment.
-Studio Backlot Tour (Hollywood Studios) closed 2/13/12-3/10/12 for refurbishment.

Magic Kingdom
-Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (Magic Kingdom) closed through 3/27/12 for refurbishment.
-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom) closed through 5/27/12 for refurbishment.
-Magic Carpets of Aladdin (Magic Kingdom) closed 2/26/12-3/11/12 for refurbishment.

EPCOT Center
-Tutto Italia Restaurant (Epcot) closed through 4/30/12 for refurbishment.
-Innoventions: House of Innoventions exhibit closed through May 2012 for refurbishment.

Animal Kingdom
-Nothing affected

Water Parks
-Typhoon Lagoon closed through 3/17/12 for annual refurbishment.

Resorts
-Grand Floridian Spa (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-2013 due to construction at the resort. The Grand Floridian Fitness Center will remain open and guests may use The Spa at Saratoga Springs Resort.
-Piano Pool (All-Star Music Resort) closed 2/6/12-3/2/12 for refurbishment. The Calypso Pool will remain open.
-Meadow Feature Pool Slide (Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground) closed 2/6/12-3/2/12 for refurbishment. The Meadow Feature Pool will remain open.
-Beach Pool Slide (Grand Floridian Resort) closed 2/6/12-3/2/12 for refurbishment. The Beach Pool will remain open.
-Alligator Bayou Pool near buildings 36 & 39 (Port Orleans Resort - Riverside) closed 2/27/12-3/1/12 for refurbishment.

For those of you who don't get the mousesavers newsletter, here is a list of what to expect to be closed for refurbishment near the time of the Princess 1/2 Marathon. I'm posting attractions in the week prior and following the race (2/18 - 3/3):

I subscribed, but didn't get it?

Is there any way you could forward it to me? I know they sometimes have discounts to that "other" park and I was planning to spend a day there this trip. I can PM you my email address...

Thanks!!

Is there any way you could forward it to me? I know they sometimes have discounts to that "other" park and I was planning to spend a day there this trip. I can PM you my email address...

Thanks!!

Please go ahead and PM it to me.

If anyone else would like it forwarded, please PM me your email address with the request and I will send it out to you. It comes out the 15th of every month, so I will post any changes to it again in February.

Thanks!!

Don't know if you are a soda drinker, but MyCokeRewards ( you enter a code from caps and boxes of soda) usually has a 1 day ticket to Universal as one of their rewards you can cash in your points on. This program is how I got my cold weather running hoodie from Nike.com - I figure this nasty Diet Coke addiction has to do something for me!!!! A lot of their rewards are kind of a joke, but they do have some good ones - e-gift certs to Nike.com, the Universal thing, et cetera.

I ordered my park tickets!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Question about packet pick-up at the Expo...
I am running with a whole group of women. Two of us get in early on Friday and were hoping to go to the Expo and pick up race packets/number for the whole group. If the other ladies send us a copy of their drivers licenses and their signed release forms we can do this right?!?! Just trying to save everyone some time.

Does anyone know where to pick up ChEAR Squad stuff? I signed DH up for the package that is one up from the free one. I want to sign up my mom for the free one. Do they just get a wrist band?

On TOM issue, this may seem weird to some people, but I swear by my Diva cup. Totally amazing. http://www.divacup.com/ I get migraines that are connected with my cycle, so my big fear is that I'll have one on HM day. Fingers crossed it picks a different day to knock me out.

Cate

I :lovestruc my DivaCup too... but (TMI Disney Race tip)... be SUPER careful emptying it on race day... nearly dropped mine in the porta-potty... :laughing:

Question about packet pick-up at the Expo...
I am running with a whole group of women. Two of us get in early on Friday and were hoping to go to the Expo and pick up race packets/number for the whole group. If the other ladies send us a copy of their drivers licenses and their signed release forms we can do this right?!?! Just trying to save everyone some time.

This is my understanding, correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter