Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Random question. I was looking at the princess race map an I'm trying to figure out where it goes through Epcot. Does it just go around Spaceship Earth or does it go into world showcase. Now that I've decided to be Mayan Princess for my costume, I would love to run by Mexico and take a picture in front of the pyramid.

Random question. I was looking at the princess race map an I'm trying to figure out where it goes through Epcot. Does it just go around Spaceship Earth or does it go into world showcase. Now that I've decided to be Mayan Princess for my costume, I would love to run by Mexico and take a picture in front of the pyramid.

Sadly, the turnaround is before any of the countries. Have to go the full 26.2 jan if you want to run around the world!

Did 12 mi today in the COLD! Brrr! It was about 30 at the start, with a stiff wind. Since 11 mi was before Christmas, I was glad to be back up in the long runs. I feel like I could really finish the Princess now!

I've only been using fruit snacks for fuel on my long runs (my water only has flavor, not sugar), but today was the first time I needed the whole pack. I'm hesitant to try GU, etc., because my stomach is kind of sensitive when I run (I can't drink too much water or it "sloshes" around). Anyone with a sensitive stomach have any specific suggestions? What do they have at the Princess, if you don't bring your own? (Maybe I should get some to try beforehand...)

Is there a list of where people are staying (somewhere on the first page of this thread)? We just got our waitlist for BCV.

I can't believe how much the weather has cooperated for outdoor training so far this year! I don't know how you treadmill Princesses do it.

Did my 11 mi today! The first 5 felt so slow...I just wasnt into it. I kept thinking to myself that it's okay, on race day I'll just remind myself I'm running to MK! :) After the 5 mark, I felt more energized, ran more often, and felt really good! I even considering going another half mile or so, but decided to follow the plan.

I am really feeling like I can do this! I am still hoping for anything but the last corral as that extra 10 minutes will mean I don't have to stress too much about a bathroom stop and a picture. I am planning to do just the castle picture and 1 character picture since this I my first half and I do not want to get swept. What characters were there last year? Some of them are there on the way back as well, right? I am hoping I can see what's there and decide what I want to stop for based on my cushion on the way back.

Hi, everyone! Surgery went fine, and I'm back home recovering. I hope to get out and start walking a couple times a day tomorrow. I did have at least one lymph node that had cancer so it looks like I'm headed for chemo. Oh well, hair is overrated. ;) Thank you all for your good wishes and caring encouragement! It means SO much! I'm a **RUNNER** and this stupid disease will NOT beat me!!!

I'm glad to hear the surgery is behind you! You have such an awesome attitude and I just know even though the road will be a bit longer than you expected since you are a runner you will come through just fine. Best wishes and see you at the Princess next year! :flower3:

Hope everyone that ran long runs today had a successful one. I also felt that today's run went better than my 9.5. I was supposed to do 11 but when I hit 11 miles i was still a bit more than a mile from the house so did 12. Yay!! I was so tempted to hammer out one more mile just to know and say I could but then I also knew my legs were tired and for me it would be best to stick to the plan.

I'm really feeling that I can do it now!! Hooray! :banana::yay:

Is there a separate thread to vote for the Friday meet up location? I looked all over the WISH board and couldn't find it. Then I have been able to loose things that are right under my nose!

Anyone with a sensitive stomach have any specific suggestions? What do they have at the Princess, if you don't bring your own? (Maybe I should get some to try beforehand...)

I can't believe how much the weather has cooperated for outdoor training so far this year! I don't know how you treadmill Princesses do it.

Gu has worked well for me so far. I also have a Pria bar before longer runs and that does help with the stamina. I'm really prone to having stomach issues before runs and these have been the best for me.

I'm not sure how I've done it on a treadmill so far! The most difficult thing is how boring it is. I did 10 miles last week and it took a little over 2 hours...luckily I borrowed an Iphone and could watch Mary Poppins..but it's still very boring!

I'm not sure how I've done it on a treadmill so far! The most difficult thing is how boring it is. I did 10 miles last week and it took a little over 2 hours...luckily I borrowed an Iphone and could watch Mary Poppins..but it's still very boring!

Way to go for going the long distance on the TM!! :worship: The most I can do is 5 mi. The gym hs some that have a TV attatched but with all the bouncing I couldn't watch it without feeling off kilter. I do ok with the TVs mounted from the ceiling.

Ok guys. I'm putting it out there because hopefully it will keep me honest. 11 miles tomorrow. High of 21 degrees forecast. I don't have a TM and the gym has 30 minute limits so I think it's outdoors for me. I'm washing my warmest gear tonight so it's ready in the morning and will bring some hot hands. I can only go on sundays, regardless of the weather, because that's when we have staff for my autistic son, so it's do or do not--there is no try!

:yoda:

The Halloween 5k was my first RunDisney race, but this is my first half. Are you on the Princess Facebook page?

The Hhalloween 5K was my first Disney run too, of coursei had to walk it because I was in a walking boot with a broken foot.

Ok, I just joined runkeeper. We should have a list for street teams if people want to share, don't you think? Or do we already and I'm just a dope?

I am TMcDwyer

Hi, everyone! Surgery went fine, and I'm back home recovering. I hope to get out and start walking a couple times a day tomorrow. I did have at least one lymph node that had cancer so it looks like I'm headed for chemo. Oh well, hair is overrated. ;) Thank you all for your good wishes and caring encouragement! It means SO much! I'm a **RUNNER** and this stupid disease will NOT beat me!!!

:hug::flower3::cheer2:

I did my 11 miles today. By the time I was done my hips and Achilles were in pain. I had to walk most of the last 1/2 mile because the winds were so strong. Six weeks to go ladies!!!

Just an update...like mamacate, I want to "say" some stuff out loud so I'm held to it!

The good: I joined a gym! No excuses not to do my training. I got 3.3 miles in on the treadmill Friday AM. Was much harder than I thought! I haven't been on a treadmill in years so it was hard to get used to.

The bad: I joined a gym! ha ha. I really did not like treadmill running. I was very self concious with all of the people around and afraid I was going to zone into my music and wreck!

The funny: In my first mile on the treadmill I was huffing and puffing and got cramps in my side! Not that I'm olympic calliber, but, I can run 6 without puffing so this was odd...I realized in my first mile on the treadmill that I have a funny way of keeping my breathing regular...I sing along to my music. Well, obviously I wasn't doing this at the gym! Mile 2...I had no choice...I HAD to sing along. I did it silently but I'm sure people noticed me moving my lips. It helped tho. I told a friend...bright side is that people at the gym probably will NOT start a conversation with me as they think I am a complete loon! Good thing I downloaded the "clean" version of Cee Lo's "F you" song.

Frozen Beans: I had a great 6.5 mi run last week. About 3 miles in I decided to pop a sport bean I had in my pocket of my vest. I went to bite into it and it was FROZEN! Funny...almost broke a tooth. I didn't realize that was a running related injury!

So jealous of everyone's really long runs...hoping for 7 this week if the weather breaks. That will be my longest.

Hope everyone that ran long runs today had a successful one. I also felt that today's run went better than my 9.5. I was supposed to do 11 but when I hit 11 miles i was still a bit more than a mile from the house so did 12. Yay!! I was so tempted to hammer out one more mile just to know and say I could but then I also knew my legs were tired and for me it would be best to stick to the plan.

I'm really feeling that I can do it now!! Hooray! :banana::yay:

Congrats! You are ready!!!!:banana:

Good for you! Now I'm totally motivated and more confident about increasing my miles after hearing you say 11 felt easier than 10 :cheer2:

What are your favorite energy chews? I'm in the process of trying all the different types of energy fueling stuff to use during the race and so far GU's are my favorite. I'm always curious to hear what others like :)

I like Accel Gel. I can have a sensisitive stomach too and found this with water sits pretty well.

Thanks for answering my question. Bummer I can't get my picture with the pyramid. Now I have another random question: are the food courts open early at the host resorts on the day of the race? I mean early enough to grab something before heading to the bus? Will probably grab a bagel or something the night before to keep in my room but in case I forget....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter