Offical free dining watch 2008

Could someone explain what the free dining is? Thanks!
Since 2005, Disney has been offereing Free Dining during the last part of August until the end of September, give or take a few days. It has already been offered to UK visitors for this September and to those of us who were there at WDW during Free Dining this past September for the dates of August 30 - September 27 2008. The free dining for this year should be announced during the first week of April. The first couple of days it will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then will open up to the general public.

subscribing also. ;)

We are hoping to take the kids on their 1st trip to the world in September and since we have 5 kids, we are hoping for free dining. lol

another month or soo until we see if they r going to offer free dining! Cant wait!

We were there last Sept. for free dining and thought about booking the bounceback. We really didn't have the extra cash to book it at the time so I am REALLY hoping that it's offered again! :goodvibes

We're booked for this Sept. already. My DS9 and I do a mommy and me trip every year! Our fingers are crossed too. We've had Free DDP for the past three years. We love that special!

Has everyone pretty much made all their ADRs hoping free dining will be offered? We could only go if by some miracle they offer the package starting 8/10 (like they did for UK guests). I really wasn't going to consider this summer but my kids are begging me to go (geez...we're already going to Disneyland the first week of April!). Now I'm afraid we won't be able to get any of the restaurants we want. I guess I'll just call and check things out. One thing I know for sure -- the only way we would even consider using the DDP would be getting it for free.

This will be our first time going in Sept hoping for free dining and the right dates to attend at least one MNSSHP. I will be watching the boards closely best wishes to all.

I cant wait til march! I really serious about changing my end of July dates if free dining is offered in august and from the looks of it I'm guessing it will be from about 8/10-9/20 so we shallsee if so I think I will be going from 8/13 thrus 8/19/2008 which is only apprx 1 month later than I have planned now!
If they offer free dining and I switch to august with what I have paid now my trip would be or be very near to being paid in full! :cool1: My first choice would be Pop then ASMU then Asmo! Do you think the family suites at asmu would be included if they offer free dining? Sorry if this was already asked! It doesnt make much of a difference but I always wanted to stay in one so that would be awesome with free dining and we could still have drinks and snacks in the room with plenty of space!

This will be our first time going in Sept hoping for free dining and the right dates to attend at least one MNSSHP. I will be watching the boards closely best wishes to all.

I'll be you'll be OK for MNSSHP - we were there for during those dates last year and I know there were 2 on consecutive Fridays. I think it was the 14th and 21st.

:cool1:
Hoping for free dining again starting the week in August. I keep reading it may change to the 30th, which is odd because the last 2 years, it has started the final week in August. We are thinking of staying at Port Orlean French Quarter, however, if free dining, we may change to Wildnerness Lodge.

be careful we booked in dec of 2006 for sept 2007 and wilderness lodge was not offering the free dining so we moved to the cabins :cool1:

OK! I have question? If I were to change my trip from July to August and say I switched them to August 17th thru 21th what do you return free dinning pros think my chances are of getting free dining? Just curious!? Any input would be appreciated I really could go the week prior to school starting which is the 8/25/08 thru 8/30/08 I'd rather go the week prior though!And which resorts were the free dining offered at?

I cant wait til march! I really serious about changing my end of July dates if free dining is offered in august and from the looks of it I'm guessing it will be from about 8/10-9/20 so we shallsee if so I think I will be going from 8/13 thrus 8/19/2008 which is only apprx 1 month later than I have planned now!
If they offer free dining and I switch to august with what I have paid now my trip would be or be very near to being paid in full! :cool1: My first choice would be Pop then ASMU then Asmo! Do you think the family suites at asmu would be included if they offer free dining? Sorry if this was already asked! It doesnt make much of a difference but I always wanted to stay in one so that would be awesome with free dining and we could still have drinks and snacks in the room with plenty of space!

The bounceback doesn't start until August 30 and in the years past the FD offer to the general public has only varied by a couple of days from the bounceback. I don't believe that it will be offered as early as 8/13. Pop and ASMo will sell out first for the values and the ASMu suites, nor any other suites, are available with the Free Dining promo code. WL wasn't available last year, but that doesn't mean it won't be this year. It will just depend on which hotels have the least bookings for the FD window, as they will book those first.

The bounceback doesn't start until August 30 and in the years past the FD offer to the general public has only varied by a couple of days from the bounceback. I don't believe that it will be offered as early as 8/13. Pop and ASMo will sell out first for the values and the ASMu suites, nor any other suites, are available with the Free Dining promo code. WL wasn't available last year, but that doesn't mean it won't be this year. It will just depend on which hotels have the least bookings for the FD window, as they will book those first.

OK! So you tell me here is my dilemma! I just found out now I have to go in august! Because my daughter is entering high school and she signed up for cheerleading and to be on the squad camp is required so camp is the week we were going in July! So what would be my best time frame to schedule to get free dining since I now have to change my dates to august? How about the week of august 25th? I dont really want to go in sept because i dont want her to miss school since it is herfirst year of hs! I need help here any suggestions would be great!!!

We had free dining last year for the last week of August. I booked this year for that same week thinking the promo would be the same time frame. I think I might cry if they don't offer it until September. I just don't see any way we could swing it without. It really helped last year, and I'm not sure we could have done it otherwise.

:sad1:

We had free dining last year for the last week of August. I booked this year for that same week thinking the promo would be the same time frame. I think I might cry if they don't offer it until September. I just don't see any way we could swing it without. It really helped last year, and I'm not sure we could have done it otherwise.

:sad1:

Im with you cinderly I just switched to 8/26 thru 8/31 and we are staying at csr hoping for free dining! Really hoping this will save us $$$$ . We are currently staying at CSR and if free dining is announced and it is our time frame I am going to see if they offer AKL and what the diff in$$$ would be! If it is possible to swing if there is availability! If not we shall stick with CSR the pool is what caught my daughter's eye! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter