Offical free dining watch 2008

Simbee3

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen any offical thread on this, only a few scattered threads here and there. So I decided to start this thread so we can put all of the information in one spot.

Here's to hoping they offer Free Dining for 2008:goodvibes

My fingers are crossed, but I wonder with those discounts already being passed out if they are trying to see how many bookings to they get to see if they need to do free dining,,,,,,,hopefully we will see soon - I cant remember when it was released last year - do you?

I think that it will be offered this year, or atleast I hope that is the case. But, to answer your question, someone please correct me if I am wrong but,it was released to the general public on April 12th, and 3 days prior to that Disney Visa Card holders were allowed to book.

HTH

We are also watching and waiting. We were in the world in Oct. and Dec. and could have booked but had no idea our vacation days would allow such a thing. Now, I am sick:sick: that we are not allready booked and we really need those codes. Have called Diseny several times looking for something attached to our name and every CM I have talked to ( about 4 of them) has brought up to be patient that free dining is coming and 3 of them said March. Have Never had so many to offer info and to be so consistant with that info.

Does anyone know, when free dining was offered last year, do you have to book rack rate to get it? Or if you have a bounceback already booked for the free dining period, and call to add it, will you lose your discount?

Because if that is the case, then it's cheaper for the deluxes to keep the discount, but cheaper for the values to get the free dining.

Only going this year if free dining is offerred:tink: heres wishing for a little pixie dust. Tina:love:

what are my chances for getting free dining at poriverside at the end of sept...i want to be there during the mmnsshp..i wont be able to book until it is released to general public as i am not a disney visa cardholder..what do you think?

what are my chances for getting free dining at poriverside at the end of sept...i want to be there during the mmnsshp..i wont be able to book until it is released to general public as i am not a disney visa cardholder..what do you think?

I don't think it would be a problem. Though we don't know what dates Free Dining will be offered.

If you don't get it right away I would book your second choice and keep trying to get it. I found last year that so many people made several ressies at once and canceled them later on. I was trying to get my family all in at the POP when the code first came out in April but only half of us got in the rest of us had ressies @ ASMo. And then I believe in late May we all got our ressies transfered over to POP. And we all had rooms together too!

So never give up and always keep trying!

Good Luck!

2005 Discounts
Check-in dates Type of Discount Became Available
8/21/05-10/4/05 general public ("free dining") 6/2/05, exp 7/3/05
8/21/05-10/4/05 Florida residents ("free dining") 6/2/05, exp 7/19/05
8/21/05-10/4/05 general public ("free dining") 7/21/05, exp 8/20/05

2006 Discounts
8/13/06-9/30/06 Dis. Visa cardholders ("free dining") 4/1/06, exp 6/4/06
8/13/06-9/30/06 general public ("free dining") 4/4/06, exp 6/4/06
8/20/06-9/30/06 general public ("free dining") 6/2/06, exp 6/25/06

2007 Discounts
8/12/07-9/29/07 UK residents ("free dining") 8/25/06, exp 11/6/06
8/26/07-9/22/07 Dis. Visa cardholders ("free dining") 4/9/07, exp 6/24/07
8/26/07-9/22/07 general public ("free dining") 4/12/07, exp 6/24/07

2008 Discounts
8/10/08-9/27/08 UK residents ("free dining") 8/23/07, exp 11/6/07

Hope this helps.

I have never been for free dining or used the DDP, but I am determined to go this year if free dining is offerred.

I have a Disney Visa and was wondering - do they notify you about the free dining offer or do you have to keep checking the web site. I had the Disney Visa last year and was never notified but I hadn't been using the card.

I dont think I was notified.....I read about it here and went to the website myself (I think)......

If you follow these boards just call with your Visa in hand!!

I have never been for free dining or used the DDP, but I am determined to go this year if free dining is offerred.

I have a Disney Visa and was wondering - do they notify you about the free dining offer or do you have to keep checking the web site. I had the Disney Visa last year and was never notified but I hadn't been using the card.

You are supposed to be notified, but we were not the last 3 years in a row. We learned from here right along with everyone else:goodvibes

Keep our fingers crossed that they offer free dining since they've already got a lot of bookings through the Bounceback Program offered last September!:thumbsup2

We have free dining this year because we booked with the bounce back last fall. Now my brother and his family want to come! So here I am watching and waiting and hoping!! It will their first time going to the world. What better way than with free dining! :wizard:

I always get an email to the address I have set up with my Disney Visa about the free dining. (at least for the last 2 years anyway)

Good luck waiting! I booked bounceback last year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter