• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offended

My response has gained 42 "likes" while her initial comment only had 3. Still no response from her though.

I'm curious, OP.. What did you write? :)

She posted this earlier in the thread, around page 8 I think:

I did respond to her facebook post, this was my response:

I see you got my card! Glad to see you picked up on the fact that I was making a concerted effort to insult you. Mission accomplished! And now I know that you got the message I obviously intended, I assure you will not have to worry about how your card is addressed next year.

My comment has has 16 likes so far. She has not responded or commented.

Hi all! Sorry I fell asleep last night while dis-boarding! This thread sure did take on a lot of pages while I slept. :) Just to be clear, this woman DID take her husbands last name when they got married, she was offended by the fact that I did not use her first name on the envelope. The funny thing is, I did not take my husband's last name, I kept mine, and I get mail addressed to Mrs Myhusbandslastname all the time. It really never occurred to me to be offended by that. I don't sweat the small stuff.

I did respond to her facebook post, this was my response:

I see you got my card! Glad to see you picked up on the fact that I was making a concerted effort to insult you. Mission accomplished! And now I know that you got the message I obviously intended, I assure you will not have to worry about how your card is addressed next year.

My comment has has 16 likes so far. She has not responded or commented.
You go girl!:cool1:

When Mary the Mother of Jesus got Christmas cards, I wonder if she was offended when they were address to "Mrs. Joseph of Nazareth". Somebody should check her Facepapayrus timeline to see.

Another good one.:rotfl:

I'm still amazed that people have the time or energy to concern themselves with something like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter