Offended Bob Iger Responds to Congressman Markey on MyMagic

Ha! That's a good point. When's the last time there was a thread here that was Universally behind a decision made by the Disney CEO? Most likely never.

I think I'll have to visit this corner of the board more often!! :) Same as above cannot be said of the other sections of DIS... ;)

Interesting response. I agree with others it is not the tone of letter you would expect from a CEO but I concur with its' sentiments.

I think it was a response that had to be given bluntly. Markey had essentially called Disney out, in public, with lack of information. What Markey did is cause unneeded concern in the public eye and couldn't even tell the public what the issues really were. Iger had to smack it down and put out a fire quickly and to the point to protect the company.

I think it was a response that had to be given bluntly. Markey had essentially called Disney out, in public, with lack of information. What Markey did is cause unneeded concern in the public eye and couldn't even tell the public what the issues really were. Iger had to smack it down and put out a fire quickly and to the point to protect the company.

Good point but what I don't get s why did this Congressman have to do this publicly in the first place. If he was truly concerned why didn't he just send a letter in private to Disney? Instead he wants to make a show of it and then we have Bob Iger give what I would say i the greatest response from any CEO.

Good point but what I don't get s why did this Congressman have to do this publicly in the first place. If he was truly concerned why didn't he just send a letter in private to Disney? Instead he wants to make a show of it and then we have Bob Iger give what I would say i the greatest response from any CEO.

Politicians grandstand. Attacking Disney will ensure publicity. It is not uncommon for politicians from both sides to attack without first trying to ascertain the facts.

This isn't the first example nor, sadly, will it be the last.

Power. At least that is how I see it. He wanted everyone to know how much power he had because he had the right to do this. I bet he expected Disney to "bow down" and take it. However, he got more then he bargained for when Iger stood up for the company and called him on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!