Off the beaten path in Disney

DisneyBoricua

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I would like to find out what my fellow Mouseketeers do to shake things up when you've done all the usual things. Any experiences with behind-the-scenes tours and custom experiences (private yacht to watch "Wishes" anyone? ;) would be greatly appreciated. Looking to shake things up for my 18th trip in August 2013. Thanks in advance!

I always try and plan one new or special event for each trip. we did the keys to the kingdom tour where they take you into the utilidor, that was ok, but it is a lot of walking and takes a lot of your day. but glad we did it once. another trip, dh and dd did epcot's dolphins in depth, they enjoyed that too. you can see what's avail on Disney's site, click on "things to do" and then on "events and tours". don't know if you are only interested in on property ideas, but if you have a car and don't mind an early morning drive- years ago we went to crystal river to do a manatee tour. you get on a boat and wear a wet suit. they take you out and you get in the water and manatees will actually approach you if they want to interact. it was so nice, they didn't chase them, but let the manatee come to us. you can also just be a spectator on the boat. they are so gentle and nice, wonderful experience.

Easiest if you have a car. Go to the Team Disney Building. They have the world's largest operating sundial and you can go inside of it. It is an office building so it is subject to "normal business hours". Basically it is across Buena Vista Drive from Planet Hollywood, so you can take a bus to the Downtown West Side and walk across the street. Make sue it is a sunny day, or at least not overcast.

We love the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. It's a must-do for DH and fun for all of us. Check out the description on WDW's site.:thumbsup2

For us, excitement means going to a resort we don't usually frequent and have a meal there, often CS. Yeah, we're not very exciting!

I second Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise - It was a blast.
We have been adding new things each trip. We like the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and we love the animated drawing class at DHS.

For our next trip (in this the year that we weren't supposed to go and it looks like we will be there at least twice this year :cool1:) we are doing water parks only. This will give us plenty of time in the water parks and a change of pace since we were just there last month.

Our vote goes to the Grand-1 Yacht for Wishes cruise - this was hands down one of the best things we've ever done at WDW :cool1: You get a custom tour of Bay Lake (our captain(s) even took us back stage where the ferries and vessels go to dry dock and refuel, etc. - very interesting. We also got as close as we could to the old Discovery Island for a little look.

When it was time for the actual fireworks - they position you in the best spot - and it is magnificent - here's a pic for you....
125.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter