# of Days in each park?

DisneyJen0504

Wife, Mom, Teacher
Hi everyone!
We are headed to WDW the first week of December. DH thinks we have too much Magic Kingdom in our plans. Is that even possible?
This will be our first time going during the holiday season. Staying at Poly. Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5.We usually like to rope drop a park in the morning, take a midday break and hop to a different park for the evening.

Arrival Day: MK (it's a first day tradition) until we tire out (which is usually around dinner)
Day 2 MK and Epcot
Day 3 DHS and MK (must see Happily Ever After fireworks)
Day 4 MK and Disney Springs
Day 5 AK until close (they are only open until 7)
Day 6 Epcot and MK (for MVMCP)
Day 7 No park, flying home

The nights at MK are set in stone but should we switch one of the MK mornings with a 2nd morning at DHS or AK? Thanks in advance for taking the time to check out our plans!

Our family wouldn't want that much time at MK, but everyone is different. We like the equivalent of 2 full days at Epcot, 1.5 or 2 at MK, 1.5 at AK and 1-2 at DHS.

Thats a lot of MK but thats what your family likes, go for it. Our 5 day trip will include 2 days in AK and 1 day at each of the other parks. Plus a little last AK or Epcot time on departure day.

A first day and two evenings in MK would probably be enough for me without the additional mornings...but I'm an adult who travels exclusively with other adults. I can see how more time at Epcot or DHS could be less appealing with a five-year-old and a seven-year-old; it seems like the park with the most attractions they can actually ride is probably MK.

So I suppose in your shoes I would look at it in terms of how many attractions you're likely to actually do at DHS or AK. Do your kids like zoos? Swapping a morning for AK and going in early to enjoy the animal trails when they're all awake and active might lighten the MK load enough for your DH to be more at ease with the schedule.

I notice you don't have HS at night, which means you'll miss out on Fantasmic, which is must do for us, and I hear TSL is pretty cool looking at night. Plus, you are missing night at AK, so no pandora at night or rivers of light. Why not swap your AK day with your DHS day so you can see both at night?

With kids that age and that much MK time, check out the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. My 6 year old fell in love with it this trip and it was nice to slow down and take time for it. She also loved the Agent P missions at Epcot.

I might try to fit in Fantasmic if possible. 4 days in a row at MK seems like a bit much, but at least staying at the Poly makes it easier.

Hi everyone!
We are headed to WDW the first week of December. DH thinks we have too much Magic Kingdom in our plans. Is that even possible?
This will be our first time going during the holiday season. Staying at Poly. Our daughter is 7 and our son is 5.We usually like to rope drop a park in the morning, take a midday break and hop to a different park for the evening.

Arrival Day: MK (it's a first day tradition) until we tire out (which is usually around dinner)
Day 2 MK and Epcot
Day 3 DHS and MK (must see Happily Ever After fireworks)
Day 4 MK and Disney Springs
Day 5 AK until close (they are only open until 7)
Day 6 Epcot and MK (for MVMCP)
Day 7 No park, flying home

The nights at MK are set in stone but should we switch one of the MK mornings with a 2nd morning at DHS or AK? Thanks in advance for taking the time to check out our plans!
So it does depend on what you are wanting to do. Not spending some night time at AK you will miss Pandora at night and I personally would want to see that.
DHS is also something that will be missed at night and TSL is a different look at night with all the lights. Plus that is a great land for the kids and adults.
Sounds like you have park hoppers so a quick run could be made just to see AK and TSL at night. Ultimately you will need to prioritize what is more important. Go with what you think, be open to making changes and enjoy. You are going to be where dreams come true!!!

I notice you don't have HS at night, which means you'll miss out on Fantasmic, which is must do for us, and I hear TSL is pretty cool looking at night. Plus, you are missing night at AK, so no pandora at night or rivers of light. Why not swap your AK day with your DHS day so you can see both at night?

Thanks! As of now the parks are not open later than 8pm at DHS, and 7pm at AK when we are there. Not willing to swap any MK nights because we want to see Happily Ever After and the other night is the Christmas party. But definitely going to consider changing an MK day to one of the other two parks.

Thanks for the thoughts! Super helpful!!!!
On day 4, you may get want to sleep in and go to DS, then go to HS at night. Since you are going at a Christmas, they have Jingle Bell Jingle Jam show and the projections on TOT. I would not miss HS at night.

Thanks! As of now the parks are not open later than 8pm at DHS, and 7pm at AK when we are there. Not willing to swap any MK nights because we want to see Happily Ever After and the other night is the Christmas party. But definitely going to consider changing an MK day to one of the other two parks.

Chances are they will change park hours again during the fall. We were there this week last year. It’s an awesome time to go. I’d recommend HS at night, it was our favorite of the parks at night.

We are going to MK 5 times on our next trip. If you're staying so close and have kids that age why not??? :D

We never want that much MK, but as everyone has said, it's what your preferences are. We would have one (not full) day in MK, a half day in HS, and the rest Epcot and AK, both worth multiple visits in our opinion.

For us, MK time has changed with the age of our kid. We used to do parts of three days there - during party season, we'd do two days plus a day with the party. Now, we're doing one - DD would rather spend more time at AK and HS, so our next trip we'll go to those two parks twice with a day each at Epcot and HS.

So it really depends on what you like to do. Your plan has too much hopping for me - I prefer to go to one park and only deal with the buses once per day - but again, others have different preferences.

Have an amazing trip - Christmas at Disney was so very magical!

i would skip epcot the am of ur party - use it as a rest time, maybe do a character breakfast at ohana that way you can go go go during the party

We’ll be there at the same time, and we’re also staying at Poly! IMO you can never have too much MK, but that’s just me. Are you taking into account the party days? It’s nice to spend the day in MK on a party day then hop elsewhere, is that why you have all the MK days? Just beware that the party free evenings will be insane. Our favorite parks are MK and Epcot so we tend to go there the most. Try to make time to see the resort decorations while you’re there too, they’re beautiful.

MK is our favorite park. Our last trip we had 3 full park days at MK and it still didn’t feel like enough :-) You could always adjust it once you are there if you decide. For me, there is no such thing as too much time in MK!

We are doing 3 MK, 3 HS, 2 AK and 2 EP. We are also hopping from HS to MK on one EMH and from MK to DS one night when MK closes at 6. MK and HS are our favorite parks.

I like splitting MK up into a couple of different days, we do Tomorrowland and fantasyland one day, Frontierland, liberty square and Adventureland the next. Then on a third and maybe fourth day we go around the park hitting our favorites again. This makes touring less rushed, more relaxed, and it’s nice to soak up all the little details in the theming. You can never have too many MK days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter