October. Y'all are freaking me out.

To the OP—it sounds like you are a seasoned veteran when it comes to planning so I would definitely not reschedule. It will probably be manageable with so many park days and Genie+. I think people bring up October crowds because many people think it is the off season and then it can be rough to show up and find the opposite. Knowing it will be busy allows you to plan better and adjust expectations. I love Halloween time and wish I could go this year!

One thing that I didn't see mentioned here that's different that time of year is that Haunted Mansion Holiday has crazy wait times. Usually you can get on HM in 15-20 min but not in October. I would plan accordingly and book it with Genie+ right when you scan in or rope drop it.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned here that's different that time of year is that Haunted Mansion Holiday has crazy wait times. Usually you can get on HM in 15-20 min but not in October. I would plan accordingly and book it with Genie+ right when you scan in or rope drop it.

You haven't been able to get on HM in 15-20 minutes since Genie+ launched.

It's usually a 40-55 minute wait these days.

You haven't been able to get on HM in 15-20 minutes since Genie+ launched.

It's usually a 40-55 minute wait these days.

We must have been lucky when we were there in March. We went on it 3 times and it was 15 min standby and about 5-10 with Genie+. In October we've seen the FP line at well over an hour (we haven't been in October since before the pandemic, so it was FP back then).

So what is the best week to go in October. I was planning on M, T, W the 24-26.
Honestly, there is no “best” week to go in October. Disney rolls out all kinds of Halloween goodies and everyone wants to see it. All of October is very very crowded the last few years. If you understand that and have a plan it will be fine. But I think a lot of people still expect low crowds in October and that just isn’t the reality anymore.

Honestly, there is no “best” week to go in October. Disney rolls out all kinds of Halloween goodies and everyone wants to see it. All of October is very very crowded the last few years. If you understand that and have a plan it will be fine. But I think a lot of people still expect low crowds in October and that just isn’t the reality anymore.
I know not to go during Fall breaks or on a weekend. We went the second week of December last year. I love Christmas, but I was hoping for a different experience and warmer weather. I don't expect low crowds nor do I expect Summer type crowds. We plan on getting Genie plus. This year could be different with the economy and all... it's hard to say.

In my experience October is always more crowded than summer. 🤷‍♀️ But this summer so far is giving October a run for its money. Disney is packing them in right now, it’s nuts.
The crowd calendars don't reflect that. I'm used to WDW so my definition of crowds may be different than yours.

The crowd calendars don't reflect that. I'm used to WDW so my definition of crowds may be different than yours.
Perhaps. I am local and have been visiting the parks multiple times a month every month for the last six years (aside from when the parks were closed of course). I visited WDW in October 2016 and it did not come close to October in DL. Come check it out for yourself and report your experience!

Edited to add: the crowd calendars are worthless at DLR and have been for years. There is actually another recent thread about this, probably on the main page.

Last edited:
Perhaps. I am local and have been visiting the parks multiple times a month every month for the last six (ish) years (aside from when the parks were closed of course). I visited WDW in October 2016 and it did not come close to October in DL. Come check it out for yourself and report your experience!

Edited to add: the crowd calendars are worthless at DLR and have been for years. There is actually another recent thread about this, probably on the main page.
They seemed pretty accurate for what we experienced in August and December. 2016 in WDW is a long time ago. It's gotten a lot more crowded. I'd love to hear some thoughts from some of the out-of-towners that spent several days in a row there. I know from our experience in December that most of the locals didn't buy Genie plus and this will be the first year with that,

They seemed pretty accurate for what we experienced in August and December. 2016 in WDW is a long time ago. It's gotten a lot more crowded. I'd love to hear some thoughts from some of the out-of-towners that spent several days in a row there. I know from our experience in December that most of the locals didn't buy Genie plus and this will be the first year with that,
I'll make it easy for you:

Every day in October will be a 10.

To grab more data, you can always check the historic ride waits for october, and search threads here for in-park experiences, but for my money DLgal's info has been accurate on everything else so I'd trust it.

To grab more data, you can always check the historic ride waits for october, and search threads here for in-park experiences, but for my money DLgal's info has been accurate on everything else so I'd trust it.
Some people on here told me that Paradise pier was waaaayyy farther than Disneyland hotel when in reality they are right next to each other and about 100 yards apart. I'm a little wary of some of the over-exaggeration about walking distance and wait times. I doubt every day of the month is a 10. I just spent a week at WDW the week before Memorial day... now that was crowded. We still managed to do everything we wanted to with the help of genie plus. This is the first year the holiday festivities are going to be in full swing since 2019. I get nobody knows 2022 is not 2019 by any means.
Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!