October W.I.S.H. Challenge - Being Our Best Selves

Sweeping... this really resonated with me. I don't sweep, I vacuum everything even the hardwood floors. I don't like my vacuum, it's awkward to use and loud so vacuuming is almost a violent act. And I'm thinking sucking stuff up into it to make it go away is kind of a metaphor for how I handle many things in life. I'm going to start sweeping, it just sounds so soothing and peaceful.

Woohoo... my jury duty is at the city municipal court, not the county superior court, so all the cases a short/quick and usually wrap up within the week. Yesterday was all waiting, they started with 30 cases and are now down to three with the others deferred, dismissed or settled. They should start calling juries this morning so I'll either get on to a case or be done for the week. So woohoo for that.

On the work front, I asked to take on the cross-functional PM duties for my project and my request was granted. (Cross-functional is the person who keeps all the different groups/applications connected... I was managing just my one application.) This will make me more visible which is something I've needed.

And lastly, we've been having some beautiful fall weather... sunny clear skies with a nip of coolness in the air. Just another reason to love October!

Oh, one more woohoo... the friend who is handling ADRs for the March WDW trip was able to secure a dinner at O'Hana's during the part of the trip when we are staying at the Poly. O'Hana's has been on my list for quite a while, even if I will only be able to make limited choices.

Last edited:
Oh, one more woohoo... the friend who is handling ADRs for the March WDW trip was able to secure a dinner at O'Hana's during the part of the trip when we are staying at the Poly. O'Hana's has been on my list for quite a while, even if I will only be able to make limited choices.
Ohana is our family’s favorite Disney restaurant!

Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful for the cooler weather today (even if it is dreary and rainy). Yesterday was almost unbearably hot at school! And although I’m not thankful that he’s hurt, I’m thankful that my husband is home more due to a work related injury (hopefully just a strained muscle and nothing more serious). His limited work hour are helping me to maintain my stress levels since both kids are involved in sports and both have game Friday night and Saturday...and about 1 hour so apart.

Today I am thankful for ... friends - DS18 and I spent a couple of hours with friends we made at hockey a few years ago - and both of the boys work together in their part-time jobs - us mums get along and see each other at our work from time to time. Her son also had a change of heart about career path during his first year at uni and she is a primary school teacher. So we went over and had a lovely catch up and she answered DS's questions about teaching to help him firm up his thoughts about the new direction he looks like taking. So tomorrow he will apply to do the science bridging course at uni (as he dropped his science in senior as he didn't need it for game design) and apply to switch his degree to upper primary teaching. So if all goes well - he will start 2020 off with a new direction.

Today I'm thankful that it's been a relatively quiet week at work and I've been able to keep up with email and Slack conversations, so I'm not going to be coming back to a backlog of stuff to wade thru. I'm currently part of a jury panel and if I don't get selected for the jury I'll be back at work this afternoon... if I do get chosen for the jury, the trial is expected to only go thru Friday, so that's OK as well.

Eating has been a challenge this week, without the freedom to do what I really need to be doing. There's a food court in a building not far from the courthouse, but my choices/selections have been pretty carb-y, so I'm thankful to only be up a pound so far.

And I'm thankful for my improving health.

Last edited:
Woohoo Wednesday - I've started off October sticking to my exercise routine so far, and I got a few things caught up around the house after being away over the weekend.

Thankful Thursday - They might finally be paving the road near my house that has been alternately torn up and patched for ages!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was nice to come home to dinner already made and my family got me a cupcake with a candle so I wouldn't have a lot of cake sitting around the house for me to eat all weekend. (Don't worry, they each got their own dessert individual dessert as well). It is probably slightly more expensive to do it that way...but worth it to not have all the extra calories. I mean, I definitely went overboard yesterday. But one day is better that overeating for a week!

Have a great Friday, everyone!

I got my fall decorations out yesterday, so I think I will go buy some chrysanthemums and some pumpkins for outside today. Then a trip to the market for apples for applesauce-homemade applesauce helps me resist the urge to bake. It’s just a beautiful fall day here in southern PA! Will definitely get my walk in today.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Happy Friday! I did get seated on the jury and they are still saying they expect it to wrap up today... we're even starting early to make sure that happens.

This weekend I'm going to focus on fall clean-up and decorating out of doors, clearing dead/dieing plants out of the planters and adding 'mums, pumpkins etc... same as SJEC! We're supposed to have pretty good weather, so I should be able to get a lot done. Then I also need to do some scrubbing in the house because my Sister will be up mid-week. other than that I hope to get out for a good long walk, to burn off some of the carb-calories I consumed this week.

Have a happy and healthful weekend everyone!

Hey all,

I ended the week with a headache Friday night which has carried over to this morning. I had my follow up visit with the exercise physiologist yesterday. We came up a with a plan for activity and how much to do each day/week to get my activity between the 150-300 minute a week range. My current plan has me at 215 minutes and includes walking every day, yoga (5 times a week) and strength training (twice a week). It can sound like a lot but I have already started making some of the changes with walking most mornings and then I typically do 10 minutes of yoga straight after. I just have to build up the walking more consistently and purposely put in the strength training.

It is a long weekend here and then it is back to school/work on Tuesday after 2 weeks off for the kids and a week and a bit for me. I don't feel I have really relaxed though - I kept thinking about all of the work I have to do! There just seems to be so much to think about lately - work, kids, health, $ and my mind is overfull. It is going to be a hard, busy 10 week term but bring on the end of the year and a longer summer vacation break.

Image result for motivational quotes

It is my turn to host this week, thanks for getting us started @Oneanne. Here we are at the start of week 2 with a little reminder that our healthy journey is not always easy but each time we may feel that we slip hopefully we are learning something towards our ultimate success.

I am back to work tomorrow and to be honest, I am so not ready for it ... but am hoping that the routine will reboot my walking and eating. DD and I did a food shop this afternoon - so we now have food in the house and are ready for the week ahead. Hope you hall had a great weekend.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter