• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Exercise Challenge -- Let's get fit together! (34 participants so far!)

I did 20 minutes of yoga this morning & an hour of spinning this afternoon.

Total=280/1200

Back from my weekend getaway. 35 minutes Sunday on hotel elliptical and 35 minutes this morning on hotel treadmill. I think that puts me at 305/1000.

Debbie

I really thought I had posted something already - guess not!

With weights, stretching, and power walking, I have managed 505/2000 so far this month. 168 of those minutes included walking a 10 mile race - woo-hoo! I wasn't fast but I did finish, which is much more than I could have done this time last year.

Thank you, Cam, for hosting this month!

Back from my weekend getaway. 35 minutes Sunday on hotel elliptical and 35 minutes this morning on hotel treadmill. I think that puts me at 305/1000.

Debbie

Nice job, gettting a workout in at your hotel! :thumbsup2

With weights, stretching, and power walking, I have managed 505/2000 so far this month. 168 of those minutes included walking a 10 mile race - woo-hoo! I wasn't fast but I did finish, which is much more than I could have done this time last year.

That is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

keenercam said:
Nice job, gettting a workout in at your hotel! :thumbsup2

That is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

Thanks. The exercise seems easier when I travel because I wake up earlier than my family. Of course the food choices suffer!

30 minutes at curves today. Feel like I'm getting a cold so did not jog. So 335/1000.

Today:
54 minute run
70 minute morning walk
35 minute afternoon walk

Total: 159 minutes

Monthly Total: 911/3600

I think I have everyone updated up to here. Check the first post and let me know if I've missed your minutes or your color change! :)

Our special olympics training session was kind of abbreviated tonight since it is getting dark earlier. My 40 minutes brings me to 550.

Long morning walk: 136 minutes

Monthly total: 1047/3600

Have a great Wednesday!

I did 55 minutes on the elliptical this morning, and 45 minutes of strength and core training with Killer Kyle. New total 650/1800.

Alrighty! October is not really a good month so far for exercise.
I did 66 minutes last Wednesday (jogging, row machine) and 41 earlier today. So... with what I've already posted, that's 149/2000.

I've got a personal training session and a few miles tomorrow. Sooo... I'll catch up!

Hi all... better late than never in joining in for October.

First, I'm really sorry about the fall off at the end of September. The last few weeks have been really tough ones with an unexpected change in my DW's employment status and scrambling to make sure she and our DDs were covered by my insurance, planning for the way forward with less income, etc.

I HAVE been running and exercising (really needed the stress relief of exercise and I am SO grateful to have made physical activity a part of my life this year just for that benefit)... but haven't been online nearly as much.

The good news is that it looks like DW has secured a contract for work for the next few months... the start of her career as an independent consultant.

Anyway... I'm back and planting the stake in the ground with 1600 minutes for this month again.

So far this month, here is my exercise log:

10/2: 45 minutes of taekwondo class
10/3: 61 minutes of running (5.4 miles)
10/4: 48 minutes of running (4.2 miles)
10/4: 45 minutes of taekwondo class
10/6: 81 minutes of running (7.0 miles)
10/9: 48 minutes of running (4.2 miles)
10/9: 45 minutes of taekwondo class
10/10: 69 minutes of running (6.25 miles)
10/10: 15 minutes of taekwondo practice at home
10/11: 48 minutes of running (4.2 miles)

Total for month to date: 505/1600

Special thanks to keenercam for taking hosting duties back over... It was just adding to stress these last few weeks to have to handle hosting as well.

Great work everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter