October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean *Part 2*

Hi everyone! Finally made it back here after a few months of absence. We are a Swedish family going on our third cruise (me, DH, DD15 and DD12). Only 138 days left until the cruise! We'll arrive a few days before and stay at Cape Canaveral to get adjusted to the time (we're 6 hours ahead of Florida time ).

After the cruise we'll stay at AKL and visit the parks. So much fun happening! We'll be able to do both Epcot Food & Wine (we love food!) and MVMCP (which we have never done - I'm so excited!).

We'll definately participate in the FE.

hey everyone sorry for the absence have been busy with work and traveling! @Megan Shull i added you to our list any other the would like to participate please msg me or post:)

Right now my stateroom is in deck 2, midship.
But i’m thinking of switching it to a different location.
Would the vibration be that bad in deck 7/8 aft?
What about deck 5 forward?

Do you guys think it’ll be better to stay in midship deck 2?
My dad and I never had any motion sickness / seasick issue on our previous cruises but we’ve always stayed in deck 2 midship.

Our crew did a southern Caribbean cruise in January and it's the first time we've stayed on deck 5. We were just forward of the forward elevator bank, and I think this was the BEST LOCATION we've ever had. The only challenge I found was on about day 5 when I finally realized that the ceiling was low enough for me to easily put my palm on it while in the shower ... not a problem for me or my daughter-in-law, but all of my boys are well over six feet tall (the tallest at 6'4"), and they had to do some pretty amazing gymnastics to get a shower! (oops ...)

So Platinum cruisers, how did you do with your online check in? I know all the cabanas are now gone!

So excited for this cruise! It will be the 4th Disney Cruise for myself, my husband, DS11 and DD10. Kids are hoping to meet some friends around the same ages to hang out with.

Does anyone know what nights will be the formal night, pirate night and the Halloween party? (I assume that one would actually be on Halloween but you never know!). I am trying to determine what dates to book certain activities on and that would help to plan!

I just noticed that some Halloween stateroom decorations etc are now available to order from the gifts and amenities section of the DCL website. If you were thinking of ordering these I would say do it sooner rather than later as I know they do sell out. We ordered the room decorations pixiedust:

So Platinum cruisers, how did you do with your online check in? I know all the cabanas are now gone!

I did pretty well. I got the last family cabana, #20. My preferred Palo dates and times are secure and excited to try the Chocolate Tasting for the first time. Overall I would call it a success.

That's great!!

GOLD cruisers, you are up next in just a few short days! And then us Silvers' get a kick at the can the last weekend of July. I'm excited this will be our last cruise as Silver lol

I did pretty well. I got the last family cabana, #20. My preferred Palo dates and times are secure and excited to try the Chocolate Tasting for the first time. Overall I would call it a success.
Wow are all the cabanas really gone already? :( We rented one on our last cruise and we loved it.

Wow are all the cabanas really gone already? :( We rented one on our last cruise and we loved it.

Most of them were gone by the time Platinum checked in, let alone the rest of us lol. Looks like most were snapped up by concierge.

Hey all! :wave2: I am so happy to see some chatter here! I marked it as a “watched thread” but I guess I missed a notification somewhere along the way. Thanks @bcwife76 for keeping the conversation going! I can’t believe we’re almost to double-digits!

How about costumes, y’all?! Have you decided on yours? I *think* we have ours nailed down. I had hoped to do a family theme, but we couldn’t agree on anything - especially with a pre-teen. He wanted to go as Dr. Strange, but that would NOT be an easy costume to put together. I do not sew and there is no off-the-hanger costume...or at least within a reasonable price range. So, DH and I will “match” and the two boys will go as their own thing.

Most of them were gone by the time Platinum checked in, let alone the rest of us lol. Looks like most were snapped up by concierge.
We did concierge on our first cruise and were lucky enough to get one but not this time I guess. @bcwife76 do you know if I am able to do the online check-in before my open scheduling for the silvers or do I have to wait until the 29th?

Wuzzat? An automatic payment has been made? Cruise stuff just got REAL, people! :D

I'm gonna start front-loading cruise information in earnest now. This is our first (Disney) cruise, so I think our next step is to wait until the 13th of August to see what crumbs remain for excursions and reservations?

Our family's (loose) plan is to do something off the ship in Cozumel, then stay around the boat on the next two stops (unless something catches our fancy), and of course we'll be active at Castaway - I'm signing up for the 5k. Looking forward to seeing your plans and recommendations!

The only thing other than this we haven't figured out yet is how to get back to the airport on the final day. Our flight is in the mid afternoon, so we have plenty of time; they'll have to carry us out of our cabins from the sounds of how awesome this is going to be!

Mark

We did concierge on our first cruise and were lucky enough to get one but not this time I guess. @bcwife76 do you know if I am able to do the online check-in before my open scheduling for the silvers or do I have to wait until the 29th?

You're not sailing concierge this time, correct? If not then you will need to wait til 12:01amEastern on July 29th to check in with the rest of us Silvers :yay:
DH and I have decided to try Remy champagne brunch this time instead of Palo; no idea if a ressie is 'easier to get' than Palo but we thought we'd try something new (plus Remy dinner does not appeal to us).

Wuzzat? An automatic payment has been made? Cruise stuff just got REAL, people! :D

I'm gonna start front-loading cruise information in earnest now. This is our first (Disney) cruise, so I think our next step is to wait until the 13th of August to see what crumbs remain for excursions and reservations?

Our family's (loose) plan is to do something off the ship in Cozumel, then stay around the boat on the next two stops (unless something catches our fancy), and of course we'll be active at Castaway - I'm signing up for the 5k. Looking forward to seeing your plans and recommendations!

The only thing other than this we haven't figured out yet is how to get back to the airport on the final day. Our flight is in the mid afternoon, so we have plenty of time; they'll have to carry us out of our cabins from the sounds of how awesome this is going to be!

Mark

You guys are gonna LOVE it! Not ashamed to say I usually drag my feet whilst leaving a Disney cruise at the end and I may or may not shed a tear or two!

Hopefully there will be lots left for you guys once your booking window opens next month. We will have a rental car before the cruise (we are flying in on the 24th and staying at AKL beforehand) we also don't know our plans for the last day either as our flight doesn't depart til 4:15pm. Sitting around the airport for 5 or 6 hours doesn't sound enjoyable whatsoever but I'm not sure what else we can do; we are doing the Halloween party one night at MK before the cruise and spending part of the day at Disney Springs on our other 'down' day so probably no need/desire to go to Disney Springs on the last day before our flight either.

@Impromark and @bcwife76 - Have you done Kennedy Space Center? I haven’t, but maybe that would be a good time filler?
Disney Springs is also a great option for day of departure. You could go bowling at Splitsville, take a balloon ride and/or take a river cruise. The best part is that you'll be able to continue your binge eating from the ship and it's an easy trip to the airport from there.

2nd Disney Cruise and we can't wait!! Just learned about the FE and would definitely like some info on how it works, Thanks!
info is on page 1 of this thread of you'd like to participate its only 2 cabins participating at this point hopefully we get some more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter