October 24, 2013 Disney Dream

One mor question before I go to work.

I am not big on clingy bathing suits. It's just not my thing. Especially on a crowded ship full of people.

Can we wear shorts and tanks on the aqua duck. Not jean shorts but just a thin pair of shorts. Joe boxer type running shorts?

Hi everyone!

DH and I are cruising with our son (8) and daughter (1) for our 10th anniversary. We were on the Wonder for our honeymoon and are looking forward to reliving it!

Hi and welcome to the group! I was on a Disney cruise for my honeymoon too! It was actually this exact cruise last year - The Dream sailing on Oct 25, 2012... we sailed through Hurricane Sandy :dance3:

This year DH and I are celebrating our first anniversary on the Fantasy at the end of November....Its technically a month after the actual anniversary, but I REALLY wanted to see the ship at Christmas time, so we pushed that back a month :) This trip on the Dream, however, is strictly GIRLS ONLY for my traveling group!! :grouphug::cheer2:

Was wondering if anyone would like to join up tables for dining. Dh and I don't really like to eat alone. My dd may come or may not depending on what's going on in the teen room. She is 17.

Let me know if you think you want too. And we can contact dcl. And they can link us up together for dinner only. It can be just one family or if a few people want to get together for a big. Dis dinner time.

What's the max allowed at a table? You are more than welcome to join us but we have 7 already.

Hi all! Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that the cut-off date to join the fish extender exchange is October 1 :) If you would like to join, please let me know your room number, the names of the people in your cabin, the ages of anyone under 18, and also who is male/female. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Went to the craft store tonight for material and came home with none. I couldn't decide and now I have a head full of ideas. I must decide soon.

I'm so reedy for this. Cruise to be here already.

Just chillin on a ship for a weekend.

Now that s a great way to spend a weekend.

October 24 Disney Dream Fish Extender Exchange

CaymanPrincess
Christina
John (DH)
Gabriella 8 (DD) Birthday!!

Kris
Lucy - Birthday!
Ella - 9 (DD) Goofy, pink and purple
Grace - 6 (DD) Minnie or anything girlie, pink or purple

JetSetter007
Robin - Birthday!!
Peyton 19 (DD)

Twinmom108
Sharon fav. Characters: Peter Pan & Mickey, Wendy, Ariel, Belle
Wendy fav, characters: Peter Pan, Wendy, Mickey, All Nemo characters

Dzfitch
Molly (33) Fav. Characters: Villains!
Chrissie (33)
Ellen

Mel (short for Melody) (33)
Robin
Michelle

Dizzi
GTY
Mike 43 (Male)
Lynn 44 (Female)
Allie 17 (DD) Birthday!!

Stingrey729
#unknown
Jeanelle
Jaida 13 (DD)
Jania 10 (DD)
Jhana 7 (DD)

Golf1007
#unknown
Mary
DH
Madison 10 (DD)

HLAuburn
Ben
Heather
Chandler (DD) 9
Aubrey (DD) 4 Loves Minnie, Sophia (anything Disney Jr)

Josh
Jennifer
Madison (DD) 3 Likes Mickey, Minnie, Sophia
Harper (DD) 2

Dianne
Steve
Ryan

TOTAL: Cabins 12 People 38 Ladies 18
Gentlemen 8 Girls 10 Boys 0

Hey All! Thank you for the warm welcome! Please forgive me. I haven’t been on the boards on a while. Our family just returned from at trip to WDW. So between the packing, the trip itself and the laundry :laundy: I have been quite busy.

dzfitch, I have no idea who the cruise director is for our trip. Do you? I guess if I have to pick my favorite it would be Brent. I must admit I love his accent over the speakers. No thank you on the fish extenders. My life if in overload at the moment and I really do not need another thin to plan or worry about. Thanks for asking though. Please let me know if you decide to do lanyards. Happy 1st anniversary in advance!

Mickeyfan4775 congratulations on celebrating your 10th anniversary!! Can you believe how fast the years fly by?

Even if you're staying concierge I believe you can participate in the FE if you want to. I've read on other threads where people have delivered FE gifts with the room # listed on the gift to the CM in concierge & they'll put it in their room.

I'm the poster from Colorado. For most of us things are getting back to normal. There's still a lot of clean up & many volunteers helping families to sift through the rubble & helping to clear out the mess. Much help & provisions are available for those who lost homes.

My friend Wendy & I will be akv in concierge level Oct 19-22 maybe we can meet up before the cruise?

So sorry it's taken me so long to respond. For a while I was checking this thread every day, but no one ever posted anything, so I stopped. Now I see I've missed all the action. :lmao:

We'll be at AKL concierge from Oct 20-24, so we'll overlap with you for a couple of days. Would love to say hi before the cruise. We'll be trying to hit up food and wine a lot, but plan to spend some downtime at the resort every day to enjoy concierge (except the 22nd, which for some reason we have planned down to the last millisecond). I'll see if I can figure out how to send you a PM - if not, keep an eye out for the 40-ish guy with the ponytail in the concierge lounge (that's DH). ;)

Shoreside concierge told me no FE in concierge on the Dream, but now I've seen conflicting reports. I'm completely non-crafty, so the thought kind of scares me, but it also seems like a ton of fun. I'll think about it. :goodvibes

Hi All,

Just reintroducing myself, as it's been a couple months since I posted here. ;)

I'm totally up for a meet before the muster drill. DH and I are going to Palo the first night for a late anniversary celebration (anniversary is the 23rd), but depending on the time of the pub crawl we may be able to meet up for part of it.

I'm still deciding on the FE group. I'm totally not crafty, but it sounds like tons of fun. I'm staying concierge, so that would have to be worked out. (First time ever in concierge on a cruise - I'm totally excited).

I havent joined the FB group yet, but I will go check that out, too.

Has anyone booked shore excursions yet? In Nassau, DH is going diving, and I'm doing the Greycliff chocolate tour (just what I need after a week of pastry demonstrations and dessert brunches at the epcot food and wine fest :lmao:) . At CC we'll probably just mosey to the adult beach for a couple of hours, and otherwise see if we can sneak onto the Aquaduck while everyone else is on the island. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Robin

Anyone bringing an 8 year old (boy) on this cruise?

We've signed him up for the Oceaneers Club, but he's nervous about not being able to get in touch with us...How does that work?

DD will be 13 months. DH signed her up for some time in the nursery, but I'm freaking out a bit.

Neither one of my kids has ever been left with anyone other than family members, so I'm really not sure anyone is going to enjoy this cruise...

Ok don't freak out. You guys are gonna have a blast. Your son goes to school, right? So he should be used to be away from you. As for the baby it will be fine in the nursery for a bit. You need some free adult time. Everyone deserves free adult time. Hopefully you took free time for the pub crawl. Lol.

Even if by some chance your son doesn't like the clubs there is soooo much to do. Even though I have neve been on the big ships. It is a Disney cruise and you will find plenty to do with him. The baby will surely just be excited to see things.

Relax and have a great time.

Ok don't freak out. You guys are gonna have a blast. Your son goes to school, right? So he should be used to be away from you. As for the baby it will be fine in the nursery for a bit. You need some free adult time. Everyone deserves free adult time. Hopefully you took free time for the pub crawl. Lol.

Even if by some chance your son doesn't like the clubs there is soooo much to do. Even though I have neve been on the big ships. It is a Disney cruise and you will find plenty to do with him. The baby will surely just be excited to see things.

Relax and have a great time.

PUB CRAWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!:dance3: :drinking::tinker:

Does anyone know the order of the dinner themes for the cruise? I think I read there will be a casual night, a pirate night, and a semi casual night - are they usually in that order? And what about the Halloween events-will there be an opportunity up dress up in costumes for dinner or when will the dress up times be?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the order of the dinner themes for the cruise? I think I read there will be a casual night, a pirate night, and a semi casual night - are they usually in that order? And what about the Halloween events-will there be an opportunity up dress up in costumes for dinner or when will the dress up times be?

Thanks!

You've got the normal order right (casual, pirate, dress-up optional), but it sounds like the third night (the usual dress-up optional night) will probably be the halloween festivities, and guests are being encouraged to wear their costumes to dinner. Specific info isn't available yet, but it sound like enough people have gotten wink-wink, nudge-nudge info from CMs that that's the schedule. Hopefully someone will post the navigators once the halloween festivities on the dream start on sept 22.

You've got the normal order right (casual, pirate, dress-up optional), but it sounds like the third night (the usual dress-up optional night) will probably be the halloween festivities, and guests are being encouraged to wear their costumes to dinner. Specific info isn't available yet, but it sound like enough people have gotten wink-wink, nudge-nudge info from CMs that that's the schedule. Hopefully someone will post the navigators once the halloween festivities on the dream start on sept 22.

Thanks! I actually like that better. Being just a 3 nighter, I'd rather leave the dressy stuff at home and bring some pirate gear! pirate:

We are going on our first cruise and super excited. We have been to Disney World but never a cruise. Anyone have a FE group going yet?:goodvibes

We are going on our first cruise and super excited. We have been to Disney World but never a cruise. Anyone have a FE group going yet?:goodvibes

Hi and welcome to the group!!! Yes we have an FE group started, so far I think about 11 cabins and 30 (ish) participants :) If you would like to join, please give me your cabbin number, names and also the ages of anyone under 18 in your group :thumbsup2

We also have a facebook group if you would like to check that out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/552654141461501/

Welcome!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter