• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 24, 2013 Disney Dream

Hey everyone-

When is the "deadline" for the FE exchange? Just wondering when we will have a firm list on everyone who's participating! I am trying to work on gifts and I think they'll be personalized :) so I want to make sure I get everyone!

Also, I thought I remembered reading about possibly splitting up if the exchange reached a certain # of cabins - is that still a possibility? I wasn't sure what # of cabins is still "manageable" and how many becomes too many.

Thanks!!

The cut off is Oct 1st. Not sure about the splitting. Dzfitch will be in charge of that.

Happy Monday every one. Hope everyone had a great holiday. :banana:

Going for a walk on the beach now and then sitting down to sketch my Halloween costume. Before I start the actual cutting of my material.

FE list above has been updated with an additional cabin! (post #108)

I already posted on the FB page, but in case you see this first, we're going to join the FE group (well, DH doesn't know that yet, but I've made an executive decision :rotfl: ).

We're Robin (40) and Kevin (41). No particular favorite characters, but DH is mostly a pixar kinda guy, especially the incredibles and monsters inc. i also like pixar stuff, especially cars (which i know is odd for a middle aged woman, but oh well), and also mulan and anything beauty and the beast or fantasia (forgot to mention fantasia on the FB post).

We're in 12008 - supposedly the gates to concierge have been taken down, so folks should be able to get onto the hallway.

Thanks! I actually like that better. Being just a 3 nighter, I'd rather leave the dressy stuff at home and bring some pirate gear! pirate:

I'm actually a little bummed that there will probably not be a dressy night - I work from home full-time, so I spend most of my days in jeans and t-shirts (and, I admit, sometimes my jammies), so cruises are my excuse to do it up a little. I'm psyched about getting to wear a costume, though, and I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in Jan with two formal nights so I'll probably get my fill of dressing up then. ;) Now I just have to figure out all my costumes - one for the halloween party at WDW, one for pirate night, and another for the cruise halloween party. :scared1:

FE deadline is October 1st. On October 2 I will post a final FE list for everyone, but for now here is the most recently updated version:

CaymanPrincess
Christina - Tinkerbell
John (DH)
Gabriella – 8 (DD) Birthday!! – Mickey & Minnie

Kris
Lucy – Birthday!!
Ella – 9 (DD) Goofy, pink and purple
Grace – 6 (DD) Minnie or anything girlie, pink or purple

JetSetter007
#9006 – Adult-Only-Girls-Weekend
Robin - Birthday!!
Lisa

Twinmom108
#7673 – Adults-Only-Girls-Weekend
Sharon – Peter Pan & Mickey, Wendy, Ariel, Belle
Wendy – Peter Pan, Wendy, Mickey, All Nemo characters

Dzfitch
#5538 – Adult-Only-Girls-Weekend
Molly – Fav. Characters: Villains!
Chrissie
Ellen

#5540 – Adult-Only-Girls-Weekend
Mel (short for Melody) – Little Mermaid
Robin
Michelle

Dizzi
GTY
Mike – 43 (Male)
Lynn – 44 (Female)
Allie – 17 (DD) Birthday!!

Stingrey729
#unknown
Jeanelle
Jaida – 13 (DD)
Jania – 10 (DD)
Jhana – 7 (DD)

Golf1007
#unknown
Mary
DH
Madison – 10 (DD)

HLAuburn
Ben
Heather
Chandler – 9 (DD)
Aubrey – 4 (DD) Loves Minnie, Sophia (anything Disney Jr)

Josh
Jennifer
Madison – 3(DD) Likes Mickey, Minnie, Sophia
Harper – 2 (DD)

#5548 – Adults
Dianne
Steve
Ryan

#12008 – Adults
Robin – Pixar, Cars, Beauty & the Beast, Mulan
Kevin – Pixar, Incredibles, Monsters Inc.

#8684 – Adults
Laura
Kenny – Goofy

TOTAL: Cabins – 14 People – 42 Ladies – 20
Gentlemen – 10 Girls – 12 Boys – 0

Hey everyone!
I see that there are a lot of birthdays happening while we are on the cruise. My dad will be turning 70 (!!!) and we wanted to celebrate while onboard. I haven't had it added to the reservation yet...should I do that? Would I call DCL or my TA? Do they do something special onboard? And it's actually a few days befor we cruise...does it matter if his actual b-day is a few days before the cruise??

Thanks!!

Hey everyone!
I see that there are a lot of birthdays happening while we are on the cruise. My dad will be turning 70 (!!!) and we wanted to celebrate while onboard. I haven't had it added to the reservation yet...should I do that? Would I call DCL or my TA? Do they do something special onboard? And it's actually a few days befor we cruise...does it matter if his actual b-day is a few days before the cruise??

Thanks!!

Call DCL and let them know, as far as I know they don't automatically do something special, but you never know when a little pixie dust will come your way! I think you can also order a cake on the DCL website, to be served at Dinner :)

I'm actually a little bummed that there will probably not be a dressy night - I work from home full-time, so I spend most of my days in jeans and t-shirts (and, I admit, sometimes my jammies), so cruises are my excuse to do it up a little. I'm psyched about getting to wear a costume, though, and I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in Jan with two formal nights so I'll probably get my fill of dressing up then. ;) Now I just have to figure out all my costumes - one for the halloween party at WDW, one for pirate night, and another for the cruise halloween party. :scared1:

You can dress up any night you want to. And noone would think anything of it. (at least no one that mattered). But you could do it Halloween night and over glam You would fit in perfectly.

You can dress up any night you want to. And noone would think anything of it. (at least no one that mattered). But you could do it Halloween night and over glam You would fit in perfectly.

oooh, glam sounds fun. something to think about!

we are going to palo the first night, so at least that will be dressy.

we're also going to WDW before the cruise and have dinner reservations at california grill and yachtsman steakhouse, so i might dress up a little for those, too. we usually stay pretty casual even in the nice restaurants at WDW (we follow the dress code, but are more the khaki shorts type than the full-on ballgown type), but for some reason i've been in a mood to dress up lately. i have a cute black and white sundress that would look lovely with the awesome new haunted mansion handbag i've already warned DH i will be buying..... ; ) :

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-bag-coming-to-disney-parks-on-september-13/

oooh, glam sounds fun. something to think about!

we are going to palo the first night, so at least that will be dressy.

we're also going to WDW before the cruise and have dinner reservations at california grill and yachtsman steakhouse, so i might dress up a little for those, too. we usually stay pretty casual even in the nice restaurants at WDW (we follow the dress code, but are more the khaki shorts type than the full-on ballgown type), but for some reason i've been in a mood to dress up lately. i have a cute black and white sundress that would look lovely with the awesome new haunted mansion handbag i've already warned DH i will be buying..... ; ) :

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-bag-coming-to-disney-parks-on-september-13/

I LOVE THIS BAG!!!!! :worship:

Hey everyone!

Thanks!!

You can celebrate it whenever you want. Doesn't matter if it is before or after.

Just checking in. I think we are all or most all on FB. But not sure.

I am off today and will be spending most of the day working on my costume. I have it broken down into steps. There Re 45 steps. I am on step 5. I also have each step broken down into one a day. And I am today 4 steps on days behind so hopefully I can use my da off to get caught up or possibly way ahead.

I did decide on what I am giving for FE gifts. Yeah so now I just have to get those ready. :thumbsup2

Things are coming together nicely.

Yeah it's just around the corner and w will be boarding the DREAM. :cool1:

6 WEEKS TO GO EVERYBODY!!!!! :cool1:

The good news is, that's only 5 weeks until I leave for my pre-cruise WDW vacation. :cool1:

The bad news is, that's only 5 weeks to lose 5 more lbs and make all my FE gifts. :crazy2: Maybe making my gifts will keep me too busy to eat... :rolleyes:

We added another cabin - as of right now the numbers stand like this:

17 Cabins
54 Participants
24 Ladies
13 Gentlemen
13 Princesses (girls under 18y)
4 Princes (Boys under 18y)

October 24 Disney Dream Fish Extender Exchange

CaymanPrincess
Christina
John (DH)
Gabriella 8 (DD) Birthday!!

Kris
Lucy - Birthday!
Ella - 9 (DD) Goofy, pink and purple
Grace - 6 (DD) Minnie or anything girlie, pink or purple

JetSetter007
Robin - Birthday!!
Peyton 19 (DD)

Twinmom108
Sharon fav. Characters: Peter Pan & Mickey, Wendy, Ariel, Belle
Wendy fav, characters: Peter Pan, Wendy, Mickey, All Nemo characters

Dzfitch
Molly (33) Fav. Characters: Villains!
Chrissie (33)
Ellen

Mel (short for Melody) (33)
Robin
Michelle

Dizzi
GTY
Mike 43 (Male)
Lynn 44 (Female)
Allie 17 (DD) Birthday!!

Stingrey729
#unknown
Jeanelle
Jaida 13 (DD)
Jania 10 (DD)
Jhana 7 (DD)

Golf1007
#unknown
Mary
DH
Madison 10 (DD)

HLAuburn
Ben
Heather
Chandler (DD) 9
Aubrey (DD) 4 Loves Minnie, Sophia (anything Disney Jr)

Josh
Jennifer
Madison (DD) 3 Likes Mickey, Minnie, Sophia
Harper (DD) 2

Dianne
Steve
Ryan

TOTAL: Cabins 12 People 38 Ladies 18
Gentlemen 8 Girls 10 Boys 0
Hi - this is Golf1007 we are in room 9168.
Tom, Mary & Madison (age 10)

Is the FE list complete yet? Sorry I have not logged in forever. Can someone direct me to it? We are going to be in Disney for 7 days before the cruise so I have to figure out a way to get the FE goods from airplane, to room, to cruise...yikes. Getting excited!

Hi - this is Golf1007 we are in room 9168.
Tom, Mary & Madison (age 10)

Is the FE list complete yet? Sorry I have not logged in forever. Can someone direct me to it? We are going to be in Disney for 7 days before the cruise so I have to figure out a way to get the FE goods from airplane, to room, to cruise...yikes. Getting excited!

Hi Mary! The list is still open through October 1, which is the last day to join. There is a copy of it on the facebook group page, under the "files" tab :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter