October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Halloween plans. Not handing out candy but what else is new I haven't handed out candy at least since we moved back out to the family property in January 2009 including to the few relatives that would come to my parents house. Hopefully I can pick up another junior frosties coupon book from Wendys for nephew and a bag of haribo gummy bears for niece (they are 15 and 17) since due to her chrones she can't have the frosties. Other than that I have coupon books for the little neighbor girl next door. She is 7. And for my girls. Not bothering with costumes this year or going out either. Not sure if my mom and sister are making up packages for the kids or not. They might just make them up for my girls along with niece and nephew plus a slightly smaller package for the neighbor girl. Normally we would go and do some trick or treating mainly to relatives and family friends though depending on the weather-not a bunch of snow, pouring rain, or 50-60 MPH winds hit a complex a few miles N of us where some relatives live. (nice thing is we can park in their driveway for part of it even though my granddad's cousin in her 90s goes to bed before 7 pm-she is up at 4 am though and does not take a nap during the day. This gives us a base to do quite a bit and then we go and park on the street for the other half of the complex. We also usually hit a smaller churches party where they get to play some games and win a few prizes. Normally we go to the inlaws house and also hit up the neighbors on either side plus a couple houses down on the same side of the street on their block-a whole 6 houses if we stop by everyone. Again weather is a factor every year. This year they are calling for it to be 42 dropping down to 38 but no rain and no wind so a bit on the nicer side especially here in my part of MT.
We might do pumpkins either painting or carving if the girls want to do them They each have one. By carving or painting I mean 15 year old does hers and 13 year old picks out a pattern and either 15 year old or DH does it for her.
I had thought about seeing if my parents, sister, and brother's family wanted to join us for a wagon ride at the zoo which would run us quite a bit at $15 a person. Until I learned that unless you have a group of 15 you are sharing a wagon with others. We might have been able to have my aunt come but we still would have been short the number of people needed so I dropped the idea and didn't even bring it up to my mom.

I'm excited that it's the weekend. This week was quite the roller coaster, and not the fun kind.

The cookie dough is ready to be cut into Halloween shapes. The food coloring is ready to be mixed into the frosting for decorating, and so are the various containers of decorating sugar. Last night we watched the new Adam Sandler movie, "Hubie Halloween" and the classic "Young Frankenstein." (We watched "Beetlejuice" last weekend.). Today, we are definitely watching "Hocus Pocus," "Haunted Mansion," and "Rocky Horror Picture Show." The plan is to watch Halloween movies all day, so I'm sure there will be many more.

:maleficen HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!🎃👻

305DE300-DF5B-474F-A706-AE7DEAE0844C.jpeg

Mine was The Exorcist. I saw it in the theater in 1973 when it came out and it was like nothing I had ever seen before! All the horrible things she did seemed so realistic. I remember everyone walking out just silent. I have never watched it on tv over the years and even now if I hear the music I shudder!

Happy Halloween!!

I'm thinking Ocotober was a bit of a bust for me. I did lose weight, but I don't think you need two hands to count the number of times I did yoga! I did my little weight lifting routine all but once. I already wasn't sleeping too well when Twin2 broke his leg, and then that was almost two weeks of being woken up every night by him. Finally we are all sleeping well again and I can tell it in my attitude. I went for a walk with a girlfriend yesterday and she reminded me that Monday o'dark thirty won't feel so early due to the time change. I had already planned to get back to the live classes, but if I struggle Monday (which those are hard days!) I'll remember her words.

Thank you so so much to everyone who hosts these threads. I really appreciate your time and efforts!

See you all in November's thread!!!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Summer2018’s fun day of holiday movies got me thinking...

What was a movie that scared you so much you never watched it again?
The very old black and white horror films were a true art form. I loved "Dracula," and I even saw it on Broadway. Thrillers like Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window" are my favorite. I find suspense exciting.

However, I am NOT a fan of the gory and gross horror films made in the 70's up to current times. I'm not a blood and guts girl. "Carrie" pretty much was it for me. I kept my eyes closed sitting next to my boyfriend in the movies as the 90's version of "Night of the Living Dead" was on the big screen. I just can't do it.

...Thank you so so much to everyone who hosts these threads. I really appreciate your time and efforts!

See you all in November's thread!!!

Oh, thanks for the reminder!! We set up November early, but we still need one more host:

Nov. 2-8 ~ PollyannaMom
Nov. 9-15 ~
Nov. 16-22 ~ Oneanne
Nov. 22-29 ~ Summer2018

(I'll put up the new thread tomorrow night or Monday morning.)

LOVE THIS.

It took me 50+ years to be able to realize that what is on the left side of this diagram is the real self-care. I may not always eat as well as I should, but having the awareness of what I am doing and accountability is more than half the battle. Knowing that I don't always have to be perfect as long as I continue to try, is so important. I no longer punish or berate myself. Am I disappointed that I am not losing weight right now? Yes. But the agreement I made with myself in August was to maintain my weight loss while going through this particularly stressful time. I've done that. The Halloween treats will be gone today, and tomorrow I will go back to making healthier food choices. The good news is that I drink a boatload of water every day; I'm kind to myself; I'm an expert at setting boundaries; I treat myself regularly; and I'm walking a lot more now. I'm unable to see my loved-ones, but other than that and my food choices, I would say that I'm doing very well right now.

Yes! Even when my food choices are not the best, I need to step back and remind myself of the things I AM doing. Honestly, if we’re taking care of ourselves, our families and functioning in our professional lives, that’s pretty darn good!

Love today's self-care post! I usually do pretty well staying on that left side, but lately I've been slipping in the water department. I think getting that back on track is going to going to be my primary goal for November!

I also want to up the "spending time with people that enrich your life" category a bit. - I organized a big Family Zoom thing for DH's side back in May, and then we didn't repeat it because M&FIL didn't enjoy it. (The jumping screens gave MIL a headache.) But I've been thinking that's really no reason not to try a game night one with the younger folks who are more into tech.

Love today's self-care post! I usually do pretty well staying on that left side, but lately I've been slipping in the water department. I think getting that back on track is going to going to be my primary goal for November!

I also want to up the "spending time with people that enrich your life" category a bit. - I organized a big Family Zoom thing for DH's side back in May, and then we didn't repeat it because M&FIL didn't enjoy it. (The jumping screens gave MIL a headache.) But I've been thinking that's really no reason not to try a game night one with the younger folks who are more into tech.
I think a game night sounds like a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!