October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Tried a couple new recipes to get out of our dinner rut-we liked them and have leftovers. One was a chicken and broccoli casserole made with riced cauliflower. Also found frozen English muffin breakfast sandwiches with Canadian bacon-less than 300 calories and low fat. I might occasionally eat one for lunch.
Took two more bags to Goodwill and filled two more for trash day.

Woo Hoo? Well....not so much.

We have our first case of Covid in our school. Kids are 100% remote until November 10th. Teachers must teach from the classroom. Only teachers with direct contact are quarantining. I am NOT HAPPY. We have a real issue of people not wearing their masks properly or at all. The custodians and office workers are the WORST. The administrators are lax. I've spoken directly to some people, and after no changes, along with a couple of other teachers, filed a grievance with the union.

I would appreciate prayers. I really want to attend DD's wedding one day and help raise my future grandchildren.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that I will not be facing my students in person today. Every morning, two or three arrive without their masks on, and I have to give them masks to wear. It always involves some sort of close contact, because they just can't seem to manage on their own. I won't have to deal with the 4 boys that have behavioral issues. That will be their parents' problem today...one of their mother's was devastated yesterday at the thought of having him home. Normally she drops him off for early childcare at school at 7am, and she doesn't pick him up until 6pm from the after school program. Eleven hours of school every day for this boy...I wonder why he's so attention-seeking? Hmmmmm. Imagine not being wanted? Anyway, I get a break. Remote learning with 17 kids who all so desperately need someone to "see" them, acknowledge them, love them, will be quite a task. At least they won't be breathing on me.

Take care one and all.

Woo Hoo? Well....not so much.

We have our first case of Covid in our school. Kids are 100% remote until November 10th. Teachers must teach from the classroom. Only teachers with direct contact are quarantining. I am NOT HAPPY. We have a real issue of people not wearing their masks properly or at all. The custodians and office workers are the WORST. The administrators are lax. I've spoken directly to some people, and after no changes, along with a couple of other teachers, filed a grievance with the union.

I would appreciate prayers. I really want to attend DD's wedding one day and help raise my future grandchildren.

My mom is dealing with this in her school too. Her district (around 7000 students) are not being forceful with the masks. She has had 2 positive cases on her team (middle school) and the high school has had about 4 or 5 now. They have only been in school for hybrid for about 2 weeks. She told me yesterday that none of the office staff are wearing masks and she is fighting with her students to wear them. They have a personal development day on the 3rd (voting happens in some of the schools). Her school wants to put 60 teachers in a room that has a removable wall. The rooms (at a normal time) can only hold like 24 students each without worrying about spacing. She talked to her union and will take the day off.

My kids each have teachers that are not wearing masks. One even told me that if their teacher hears someone coming down the hall she puts her mask on.

I hope things get better for you. Teachers have a lot on their plates. :hug:

Tuesday: No handing out candy this year. I normally get 6 to 8 groups of littles, so will miss that. I take the leftovers to work the next day, so that can't happen either.

Wednesday: Woohoo, the trip to the beach was wonderful. The weather was perfect, clear, sunny and crisp. We did a lot of driving around looking at things, things I don't normally do every trip. SIL did the ash spreading at the two places she wanted to and Nephew got some really good videos for her. Had amazingly good food, although it did involve gluten and dairy and I'm paying for that now with a stuffy nose. The drives to and back were wonderful as well.

Thursday: So thankful Ester is over her poopy butt problems... last night she didn't even get upset before having to use the box and her hind end looks clean. Now we just need to get her past the stinky kitten farts! Both kittens seem to have done well with me being gone, Ester is pretty clingy but she always is.

I have a light schedule the coming days, a few errands a few chores, a trip to the Vet for Pippa's follow up ringworm test and a trip to the lab for me to do my blood work. Easy peasy.

My mom is dealing with this in her school too. Her district (around 7000 students) are not being forceful with the masks. She has had 2 positive cases on her team (middle school) and the high school has had about 4 or 5 now. They have only been in school for hybrid for about 2 weeks. She told me yesterday that none of the office staff are wearing masks and she is fighting with her students to wear them. They have a personal development day on the 3rd (voting happens in some of the schools). Her school wants to put 60 teachers in a room that has a removable wall. The rooms (at a normal time) can only hold like 24 students each without worrying about spacing. She talked to her union and will take the day off.

My kids each have teachers that are not wearing masks. One even told me that if their teacher hears someone coming down the hall she puts her mask on.

I hope things get better for you. Teachers have a lot on their plates. :hug:
It’s outrageous how so many people put their own comfort ahead of others’ lives. I’m certainly not comfortable sweating in my mask, glasses, and face shield. I’m always steaming up. Always uncomfortable. However, I value human life, and not just my own.

I hope things become safer for everyone in your family.

I am so sorry teachers are dealing with trying to keep safe on top of everything else you have to do. My daughter is having second thoughts about sending my grandson to his one day a week in school because a teacher tested positive already (since 10/12).
He is here with me today and tomorrow working remotely but we had all sorts of internet issues this morning. He’s upstairs playing his saxophone right now for band class!

There’s always something to be thankful for!

Today it’s that I’m able to help my daughter with childcare-and that everyone at his school was understanding about our internet problems this morning. I appreciated their kindness and flexibility.
Teachers should understand. It isn't in your control. I got kicked off the internet 3 times today. I think it is wonderful that you are available to help. I'm sure your daughter and grandson really appreciate it.

Thankful Thursday:

🎃 DS and his roommate are on their way home for a brief visit / home-cooked meal tonight.

🎃 I got my candy handouts made up today - not as elaborate as some years (because I'm not really sure we'll get many trick-or-treaters) but I'm happy with them, and they'll be out on a table for the kids to help themselves Saturday night.

🎃 "This Is Us" is back.

Happy Friday! We made it through another week!

It’s cold and rainy here today, but weather looks good tomorrow for the trick or treaters. I bought my four bags of Kit Kats-I’m thinking we won’t have as many this year. My grandson is wearing his costume (football player) for a remote activity this morning so I get to see him in his get up. School is over by lunchtime so we’ll head back to his house and have dinner with my daughter and son in law.

Hope you all have relaxing weekends planned!

Somehow I managed to do nothing yesterday, and I’m on the same trajectory today. It is glorious.

At some point in the coming days I am going to get the Christmas tree out and set it up with just lights. I’m thinking that way the cats will be bored of it by the time I’m ready to put ornaments on.

Kind of debating about putting out candy, I’m thinking I could put a few things in little baggies and line them up on the front step... no hands rummaging thru a bowl, no need to come to the door. It could mean getting stuck with leftovers tho. Hmmmm....

I need to reset food and get things ready for November, so I think I’ll clean out the fridge this afternoon and head to the grocery store early with a plan in hand. I am going to allow myself an ice cream martini Tuesday, for election coverage, but other than that I fully expect November to be an awesome food month.

I taught 17 kids remotely this morning. My worst behaved child was on today (not yesterday). What a difference with him on. When I asked everyone to mute so that I could read them a story, he wouldn't. He was loud and disruptive, interrupting me constantly. I am not allowed to mute them which makes it hard. We found out today that we are going hybrid on November 9th. Originally we were going hybrid November 30th. We will be on remote till the 10th because of the case in our school. I'm glad that I will only have half in class two days a week.

I was able to get stuff done in the room today. I filled 3 garbage cans and 1 giant garbage can with junk left by the previous teacher. She's had all month to get stuff. I have messaged her multiple times and even dragged her in the room and showed her the piles of her stuff. She said she would get it two weeks ago. Today, I lost my patience and just chucked it all. I cannot continue to live in a chaotic time in a chaotic classroom. I need it to be organized and clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts