• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***October 2012 Thread*** MNSSHP + Food & Wine - Does It Get Any Better?

Well I think they upgraded us because it was our disneymoon. If its your anniversary they might upgrade you. You said it was your birthday celebration right? I'm not sure if they would do that for you for that occasion. You could always see what the price would be to upgrade it OOP.

I'm already planning on booking the king, just thought I could save myself a little money and hope for the upgrade. :laughing: I'd rather just have it booked to be certain I get it though.

I'm already planning on booking the king, just thought I could save myself a little money and hope for the upgrade. :laughing: I'd rather just have it booked to be certain I get it though.

Yeah if you really want it I would say book it so you can be sure you'll get it. Ahhh seeing all these people going to Disney this fall makes me wish next fall was here soo bad! :rotfl:

I've never been to POR so I cant really say which is more romantic but I can say that I found CSR plenty romantic, hehe. It was so nice to walk around the lagoon while the sun was setting and to lay down in the hammocks on the soft white sand and watch the stars together. Plus they even upgraded us to a king sized bed which was AWESOME!

By the way Jenny I replied to your post on th CSR thread! Hope I answered some of your questions.

I agree... CSR was very romantic to us, :hug: we got engaged there in Feb. at night on the bridge. It was amazing, the lights of the resort on the water were beautiful. I LOVE CSR!!! We are going to go back and stay there for our Disneymoon in October 2012 (we have not picked that dates yet). :cloud9:

I agree... CSR was very romantic to us, :hug: we got engaged there in Feb. at night on the bridge. It was amazing, the lights of the resort on the water were beautiful. I LOVE CSR!!! We are going to go back and stay there for our Disneymoon in October 2012 (we have not picked that dates yet). :cloud9:

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming Disneymoon! :goodvibes

Hi guys!! Haven't been on in a while, just catching up!! Hope everyone is doing well and not in the path of Irene!! We had some pretty stormy weather here in Southern Ontario the other day..a tornado touched down. Crazy for this area, but nothing compared to what's going on right now!!
I checked on the discounts for Canadians that a pp mentioned. We are going to be staying in our timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but thought we could add a few days with free dining. The dates aren't late enough..who knows what will happen between now and then. We would like to stay at the new Animation hotel if possible!
We are on vacation this week and celebrating birthdays, our DD's are both summer babies and mine is today! :yay: We will be spending the weekend at my cousin's in East Aurora where she has a pool and no close neighbors...it's gonna get loud I think!! Then we need to finish our back to school shopping. The kids start back the day after labour day, but we both have to work all that weekend so need to get everything done now!
Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the last summer hurrah!!

Hi guys!! Haven't been on in a while, just catching up!! Hope everyone is doing well and not in the path of Irene!! We had some pretty stormy weather here in Southern Ontario the other day..a tornado touched down. Crazy for this area, but nothing compared to what's going on right now!!
I checked on the discounts for Canadians that a pp mentioned. We are going to be staying in our timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but thought we could add a few days with free dining. The dates aren't late enough..who knows what will happen between now and then. We would like to stay at the new Animation hotel if possible!
We are on vacation this week and celebrating birthdays, our DD's are both summer babies and mine is today! :yay: We will be spending the weekend at my cousin's in East Aurora where she has a pool and no close neighbors...it's gonna get loud I think!! Then we need to finish our back to school shopping. The kids start back the day after labour day, but we both have to work all that weekend so need to get everything done now!
Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the last summer hurrah!!

:bday:

I'm in the path of Irene! It's supposed to hit late Saturday night and most of Sunday. Fabulous. Like we haven't had enough rain already. Plus, we had an earthquake here a few days ago. That's practically unheard of in the Northeast. I thought I lived in New Jersey, not California or Florida!

I'm so excited I found this thread! We just made our reservations two weeks ago. We will be staying at the Poly Oct. 20,2012 -Oct. 28th. This will be our third trip to WDW with the kids, but our first stay at the Poly and a first for the MNNSHP. Only 422 days to go!:banana:

I'm so excited I found this thread! We just made our reservations two weeks ago. We will be staying at the Poly Oct. 20,2012 -Oct. 28th. This will be our third trip to WDW with the kids, but our first stay at the Poly and a first for the MNNSHP. Only 422 days to go!:banana:

Woohoo! :cool1: Congrats on booking! I've never been to the Poly but I've heard its an awesome resort to stay at.

Congrats on your booking! We're booked for almost the same dates at the Poly (10/20 - 27/2012)! I love this thread since it makes me feel less crazy for already counting the days:yay:

Congrats on your booking! We're booked for almost the same dates at the Poly (10/20 - 27/2012)! I love this thread since it makes me feel less crazy for already counting the days:yay:

:rotfl: You're welcome, I started it!

I meant MNSSHP!:0)

I love this thread since it makes me feel less crazy for already counting the days:yay:

Yay! I'm here too! Planning the first family vacation for Sept 30th - October 10th/2012!!! I do Disney stuff EVERY DAY (I have a feeling I am NOT alone in that! :rotfl2:) so I think it's going to be a VERY long 13mths!!!

I'm Heather. I'm a single mom to three kids. Son Cole 13, Son Braden 8 and Daughter Ava 5 :) Not one of them has been to Disney...well I was pregnant with Braden on my last day trip to DisneyLand but he says it doesn't count because he doesn't remember. lol

I am hoping to be booking the trip THIS coming week!! We are probably going to stay at POP Century. I was really thinking about POR but with the over $1000 difference I figure we won't be in the room much anyways and we can uy more souvineers and do character dining if we go with POP. :)

:bday:

I'm in the path of Irene! It's supposed to hit late Saturday night and most of Sunday. Fabulous. Like we haven't had enough rain already. Plus, we had an earthquake here a few days ago. That's practically unheard of in the Northeast. I thought I lived in New Jersey, not California or Florida!

Thanks! :hug: I hope that you are doing well...coping as best you can!! Stay safe!!

We are not officially booked, but we are planning to go 1st or 2nd week of October and stay at Art of Animation. It will be me, DH, DD7 (at the time of travel), DD2 (at the time of travel), my father, and my father-in-law (he goes EVERY trip with us!). We are going to have the family suite- we have a cot for our oldest, and will get a play pen for our youngest, one kiddo on each side of the master bed, and the old men will get the 2 living room beds/fold-outs. It will be nice this way with our own bathroom, etc. VERY excited to try out this resort!

I would really like to do MNSSHP again (we've done it only once before and it was the last day of our stay after a week-long visit and everyone was absolutely beat- we didn't last long, mostly our daughter, then 4, but while we were there to enjoy it, it was AWESOME! I'd like to share that with our youngest, and try to really enjoy it since we would be arriving on Thursday, a Friday night MNSSHP should be a safe move as long as we don't plan any breakfast meals the next day!

Question for you all- DH does NOT want to book until there is some kind of a discount code, military discount, or free dining... Hoping that as a Disney credit card holder we hear about something soon so we can book!!!

You can book it and apply a discount later :)

We are not officially booked, but we are planning to go 1st or 2nd week of October and stay at Art of Animation. It will be me, DH, DD7 (at the time of travel), DD2 (at the time of travel), my father, and my father-in-law (he goes EVERY trip with us!). We are going to have the family suite- we have a cot for our oldest, and will get a play pen for our youngest, one kiddo on each side of the master bed, and the old men will get the 2 living room beds/fold-outs. It will be nice this way with our own bathroom, etc. VERY excited to try out this resort!

I would really like to do MNSSHP again (we've done it only once before and it was the last day of our stay after a week-long visit and everyone was absolutely beat- we didn't last long, mostly our daughter, then 4, but while we were there to enjoy it, it was AWESOME! I'd like to share that with our youngest, and try to really enjoy it since we would be arriving on Thursday, a Friday night MNSSHP should be a safe move as long as we don't plan any breakfast meals the next day!

Question for you all- DH does NOT want to book until there is some kind of a discount code, military discount, or free dining... Hoping that as a Disney credit card holder we hear about something soon so we can book!!!

Yay! I'm here too! Planning the first family vacation for Sept 30th - October 10th/2012!!! I do Disney stuff EVERY DAY (I have a feeling I am NOT alone in that! :rotfl2:) so I think it's going to be a VERY long 13mths!!!

I'm Heather. I'm a single mom to three kids. Son Cole 13, Son Braden 8 and Daughter Ava 5 :) Not one of them has been to Disney...well I was pregnant with Braden on my last day trip to DisneyLand but he says it doesn't count because he doesn't remember. lol

I am hoping to be booking the trip THIS coming week!! We are probably going to stay at POP Century. I was really thinking about POR but with the over $1000 difference I figure we won't be in the room much anyways and we can uy more souvineers and do character dining if we go with POP. :)

Welcome! You'll be there the same dates as me. :goodvibes

So exciting, your kids' first trip to Disney!

It's true that you can apply a discount later but from what I've heard, AoA won't be accepting discounts in their first year of operation. I know people from Canada are able to get free dining for Aug/Sept 2012 and when checking AoA, it showed no availability. Leads me to believe there will be no discounts for that particular resort.

It's true that you can apply a discount later but from what I've heard, AoA won't be accepting discounts in their first year of operation. I know people from Canada are able to get free dining for Aug/Sept 2012 and when checking AoA, it showed no availability. Leads me to believe there will be no discounts for that particular resort.

Yeah, we tried to look up AoA for the Canadian free dining and it didn't come up as an option...hmm....

Woohoo!!!!! I am booking the trip with my local TA tommorrow!!!!! :cheer2:

I am very excited to see my kids go to DisneyWorld! I haven't been there since 1994!!

I am very excited to see my kids go to DisneyWorld! I haven't been there since 1994!!

So it's almost like a first visit for you! I think 15+ years is automatic reset for a first visit. :)

Congrats! Thats so exciting! :banana: We're slowly starting to get more and more people who are going in October 2012! I guess that just proves that we are NOT crazy for planning our vacations so far ahead :rotfl: Obviously its perfectly normal, haha.

Maybe we should start a list on the first post about who is staying where, and at what dates to make it easier if people want to have meet ups. What do you think Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter