• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Denine - Oh no, flooding...not fun. I hope it didn't ruin your MIL's stuff that wasn't trash. I am sure that was a lot of work yesterday. I hope Kaleigh does great with her expander.

Had a nice weekend at the campground. My poor nephew isn't doing very well and his seizures are bad again. He had a 10 minute one yesterday. Poor guy, can't catch a break.

Hey Denine, how horrible about your MIL. I feel bad for her. So many people in the nation are going through it. What a strange summer. I love one pot meals as I hate MEAT!!

Good morning. I have a 2nd Interview today for the position vice me so I am hoping she does great so we can hire someone and I can stop doing 1 out of the 3 jobs I am currently doing!! I leave am in training Thursday and Friday all day and I leave for Boise on Sunday...only 2 days left to get work done.....AAAAAGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Heidi: That would be nice to get some of the workload off your shoulders!

I hate to say it, but most of the stuff in my MIL's basement is junk. My FIL would bring all kinds of stuff home from work they were getting rid of, plus he never got rid of anything. It might be useful some day. :rolleyes:

I lost 5 pounds!

Sandy: I love meat, but we only have it 2-3 times per week. My problem is I like comfort food and that isn't usually on diets. You can keep your mushrooms, zuchinni, summer squash and eggplant! Also, I don't care for south-western or spicy.

It sounds like Tyler still can't catch a break.

:cool1:Wow, way to go Denine. Five pounds is AWESOME!! I hear ya with comfort food. Comfort food to me is my grandma's kind of cooking. Eggplant, yuck. Never tried and don't want to, :rotfl2:. I love carrots and tomatoes. Hey, just in case you don't know...celery is a great diet food because it takes a lot to digest it so it keeps your metabolism up. I hear ya on the junk in the basement. My stepdad would bring total crap home. My mom died and then he blamed HER for the crap. Whatever!! Ted's dad was the just in case kind of guy so we had a lot to clean up there, too. Our friend, Louise, would keep used wrapping paper and stuff like that. I pray I don't get that way! I really think once you clean out somebody elses mess you start to look at your own house. I know it worked that way for me. I still have junk but have tossed a lot, too.

Hi everyone. I am sorry I have been MIA for a while. We have a lot going on. We had to have Turner's "family" changed because the high school he would have gone to was horrible. I wouldn't accept going from private school to a very substandard public school. So, they have moved him to another family. This family lives in Cary (suburb of Raleigh). The have an 8 year old son who plays hockey. They are originally from Canada and her family housed hockey players like this when she was growing up. The experiences were great and she wanted her son to have the same esperience while also trying to give a nice home environment to an aspiring hockey player. We will meet them in a little over a week and Turner will move in on the 13th or 14th. The hich school is top knotch. They sound like a great family and we are excited for him.

We had a going away party for Turner and his friend AJ on Sunday. we had about 65 people come to wish them well. It was really nice to see so many of his friends show up including some hockey families we have traveled with for years.

I started my new job on Monday. I believe I am going to really enjoy this group. I have lots to learn and after day 3 my brain is in overload.

Hope everyone is doing ok. I'll go back and read the posts and see what all I have missed.

Love to all!!!

Hey Susan, so good to hear from you. I'm sorry the first host family didn't work out as I know you liked the family. This new one sounds fantastic, too. Schools at this age make a BIG difference so you made the right decision. Glad you like the new job.

I had a big surprise tonight. I was on facebook and I get a chat window open up and it was our friend in Cozumel that we went over to his house for lunch. He doesn't speak English so how in the world was he chatting with me on FB in English? We had a better conversation on FB than we do in person, LOL. He's coming to Louisiana to visit his dad in a week. Sure wish I could go down and see him.

Sandy: How cool! There is probably a built-in translator. Maybe your end was coming up in Spansih for him.

Susan: Too bad the first family didn't work out, but it sounds promising for this family. Sounds like a nice party! Glad you like your new job. Jerry is loving his!

Kaleigh got her expander put in Wednesday morning. We have had some tears. She had to learn to swallow and eat. Her words are sounding better, but some sounds are more difficult to make. The insides of her cheeks are raw. I am using baby orajel on them until they toughen up. We turned the key last night and she did OK. I just hope I did it right. They showed me what to do, but I didn't get to practice on anything. Kaleigh said it felt tighter when I did it. We were going to skip homeschool baseball yesterday morning, but we didn't have to. It was called because of rain. We skipped
4-H last night. We went to Jerry's mom's to take out all the trash.

I guess Jerry didn't end up getting a summer vacation, but I guess I am. I had no hours for July and now none for August. Good thing he got a new job!

Poor Kaleigh. I'm am soooo thankful I didn't have braces!! What you said makes sense. There must be some sort of translating on both ends.

It's HOT, HOT, HOT! Official temp was 99 for today.

Heidi made it to Boise. She said the same thing, HOT.

We went to see Paul's parent's this weekend so Turner could see them before he moves. Quick trip but it was nice to see them.

We are going to Raleigh next weekend and will meet Turner's host family. We still have several things to get done before he can move in 2 weeks. His car needs a tune up and the tires rotated. And, the inspection and registration are due in August.

His first pre season games are going to be in the Philadelphia area Aug. 26-28. We are going to try to go for the weekend and watch. The parents of his friend AJ may carpool with us.

HOT HOT HOT here as well.

Heidi - hope you have a good time in Boise. I may have to travel to Des Moines in a few weeks for work. Never been there before.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Susan, I forgot how far away Turner will be from you. Will it be easy for you to watch some games and see him on weekends? Speaking of Paul's parents, how is his mom doing? Your HOT and our HOT are two different things. At least it's dry heat here. We have had some high humidity the last few weeks but not so bad today.

I have stalled majorly in my weight loss, darn it. I knew it was too good to be true to keep losing at that speed.

Kaleigh is doing better. Her cheeks still hurt, but not as much.

I lost another 2 pounds!

We had a really nice, relaxing day in Amish on Saturday.

We are gearing up for fair. We finished Kaleigh's 4-H poster this morning. Now, she needs to memorize everything she can on disaster search dogs so she can be ready for judging. She has a presentation to give at the meeting on Thursday and we have snacks that evening as well. I found a 4-leaf clover cookie cutter, so I am going to make clover cookies. Tomorrow evening we are supposed to go work on the float for the Corn Festival parade.

I have the dreaded mammo today.

Kaleigh has swimming lessons tomorrow morning.

We start school in 2 weeks.

Hopefully things will calm down in September!

I was wondering when everyone starts school. Some started today and others another week or two. Denine, can you start whenever? Cute cookies! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS !! I lost 1/4 lb in four days. They are trying hard to get me losing again. I haven't loss the determination yet!

Turner will be about 3 hours away but his games will be most weekends and can basically be anywhere east of the Mississippi: Mass., NH, Vt., PA, NY, MI, OH, VA, AL, GA, FL and only a few games in NC. The good thing is that we can subscribe on the internet and see all of the games. So even when we can't go see them in person, we can watch from home.

Paul's mom is more and more frail every time I see her. Her memory is fading and I don't thin she knew who Turner was most of the time. She called me Paul's bride a couple of time and I think she did that because she couldn't remember my name but she knew Paul and I were married (maybe not for 23 years), but she knew we were together.

As for HOT, you're right. Our HOT is very different with the humidity. Staying inside in the AC is the only thing possible in this heat wave.

Turner's school starts on the 25th.

I think I weigh the heaviest ever right now. When Turner gets settled in, I am going to start working out again. Too much going on right now but hopefully it will settle down soon.

Have a great week.

Julie don't worship me you tiny person but THANKS! I've got more to go for sure!! You and Garry did awesome. I pray I get it off soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter