October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Yum Susan. I think I started this diet too early, LOL. I, too, feel sorry for the poor dogs on the 4th. Heidi is wondering how Lilly will do.

Denine - My girls have to get their braces back on! They had them for 2 years, have had them off 1 year, and are now getting them back on again. The rubberband around the brace is colored. It doesn't hurt getting them on, what hurts is when they go in to get them adjusted and tighten the wire. We just used Advil to help with the pain.

Susan - My puppy was freaking out last night too. This is her first firework experience and she was terrified. She was trying to run and hide and kept circling around this chair and trying to lay in a corner. We finally went upstairs to bed and she laid on Chris and shook in fear the entire time but finally fell asleep.

Today is Jerry's first day at his new job. It looks like he will have to be there until 5 each night this week. It will be a big adjustment! He had been working from home 4 days a week for most of the year. Even when he was going into the office, he was home by 3:30.

We had a nice weekend. Time with John and Judy was too short, but we should be able to go down to see them over New Year's since it is on a weekend. We went to the zoo on Sunday and then had a party across the street. We came home early from that and just relaxed on the deck. We watched other people's fireworks!

I got Kaleigh signed up for more private swim lessons. We decided we just get more bang for our buck going the private route. It also fits into our schedule better.

Maybe next week, I can think about starting a diet again.

Maurice doesn't like loud noises either, but he did OK.

Heidi, don't forget about the Epilepsy Foundation pickup here Thursday. Poor Lilly.

Denine, that will definitely be a huge adjustment for you guys! You have to get use to not having him around and I have to get use to having Ted here beginning in January. I think your wise on getting private swim lesson. As you put it, more bang for your buck!

Just got back from getting my hair redone. I THINK it will be fine now.

Oh my, oh my. What in the world did I get myself into????? I got a smart phone and I am extremely intimidated. Ted is now playing with it and messing it up even worse. Dang!

Mom - You will get relaxed once you get to know it, just like when I had to teach you to text! Don't be intimidated, you can't do any damage or mess it up. You can always get it reset back to factory settings. Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot! I guess I will try and do that tonight too, too many things to do and not enough time. Last night I told him he needs to call Home Depot so we can get the door and he said they were in Las Vegas so I said OK, not thinking...but Chris being himself couldn't hold in a secret and he had already called them and they are coming today between 1:00-3:00 to install the door.....I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!

Denine - Wow, Jerry had it pretty good working from home 4 days a week at his last job, hopefully it will be less stress so the added time will be worth it.

I love your husband Heidi. He bought me a jicama. YAY!!!! Boy, he is certainly doing some nice things for both of us! If it's not storming maybe we can come over and see the door. If anything, take a picture via phone. Oh good grief. I just thought about it....I would have to figure out how to retrieve it on the phone, LOL. BTW, I'm at Del Taco and having zero problems getting on the internet. I think I will still go to Best Buy to see what they say.

Did you guys see that Facebook is joining with skype? We could have a virtual wine party. We haven't had a wine party in a long time.

I will talk to you, but I just saw you last night and I will see you tonight so I figured since we were the only ones chatting I might as well talk to you in person!

Lot's going on with us.

We found out who the family is that Turner will be living with. They are a family with 3 boys ages 4, 8 and 12. The 12 year old plays hockey and is also a goalie. Wze talked to them last night and they are so excited to have Tuerner join their family. They are getting his room all ready for him. Two of the boys are going to move in the same room so Turner can have his own room and some privacy. The dad is an attorney with his own practice and they also own 2 GNC stores.

I am transferring to another department with a big promotion. I start my new job on the 25th and I am so excited. It is going to be a lot of work and stress but a lot of new exciting stuff too.

A wine chat would be awesome! I miss you guys!!

Susan: CONGRATS on your promotion!!! Sounds like Turner will have a nice family to stay with.

Jerry's first week has come and gone. He had some training and a lot of paper work. He should get some actual work this week. I had an eye appointment on Saturday and am getting bifocals. It stinks getting older, but I keep telling myself that my brother got his when he was still in his 20's. Kaleigh gets her braces tomorrow. She has a game tonight if it doesn't storm.

I am wanting to start some kind of jump-start diet to get us back on track and then continue with WW. I was looking at Dr. Oz's 2 week program. I may just have to get the book from the library.

Just been busy with summer stuff.

Susan - CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Very exciting. Glad Turner will be okay, the family sounds great and I am sure they will take great care of him. (I know, it doesn't make it any easier I'm sure.) Lots of Hugs to you.

Denine - I am sure Jerry is happy the first week is over with. I know how much of a pain it is with all the paperwork, it can be so overwhelming. I will be thinking about Kaleigh tomorrow. My girls got their braces on last week and were hurting this weekend. They had a tough time biting into things so we tried to stick with softer food this weekend. The inside of their mouth has so many cuts from the braces, but hopefully Kaleigh will use the fax because that helps. My girls hate the wax so they don't use it and that is why they have the sores in their mouth.

Hey guys! Been busy trying to catch up with everything since vacation! I must say this was "THE BEST" vacation we have had so far. We all LOVED the train and got so much done in Washington in the day and a half we had there. I will tell more later, but it was truly a great vacation. One that the kids will always remember!!!

Denine, Makenzie had no problem with pain when she got her braces on. Or when they have tightened them. She has put some "wax" on some sharp points at times until she has gotten use to it. She had to expand her upper palate and had to wear rubberbands for awhile, but her teeth are looking great! She had only 1 more year left.

Susan, sounds like Turner will be in good hands! Congrats on the job!!!!

Heidi, why did the girls need to get braces back on?

Sandy, would love a wine chat!!!

Well, gotta run! Have a great day!

TTFN

CONGRATULATIONS, SUSAN!! I agree with Denine. It sounds like Turner is staying with a terrific family.

Denine, poor Kaleigh. I never had braces but my girls did. She may just sail right through it though like Makenzie. Crossing my fingers. I can give you an EASY three day jump start for a diet that both LA Weight Loss and Slimgenics used. This is pretty much it.......lots of meat, ONLY raw green veggies, 80 oz water. You don't need to weigh and measure. You can have salad dressing. No need to worry about lean meat. Can fry in butter.

Julie, your trip sounded like so much fun. There was so many different "legs" of it making it extra special. Glad you had a good time.

I finally washed my hair after my second treatment and I am pleased. It isn't pin straight but I knew it wouldn't be. It will be wonderful on vacation.

I am hearing some thunder so I bet there is some lightening. Glad I didn't go swimming for them to kick us out.

I have 13.5 lbs off. Yay.

Julie - sounds like a great trip! Have you uploaded pics yet? I love DC, but that may be because my mom and I had a great time there together. The girls got their braces back on because they did a "2 phase approach" my cousin also had this 2 phase thing so I wonder if it is the thing in CO right now!

Mom - Congrat on the weightloss, you are doing awesome. I am so proud of you.

Ok, we were led to believe Kaleigh was getting her braces today. But, she got fitted for a pallate expander intead. She has to wear that for 3 months and then she will get the braces on her top teeth. We were wondering how braces alone were going to make her upper jaw bigger. She will wear the expander for another 3 months with the braces. She is doing the phase I treatment. If it works, she won't have to do Phase II, but that is a few years down the road. She gets the expander in 2 weeks. I am so new at this. I didn't have braces, but Jerry did and so much has changed.

Julie: Glad you had a fantastic time!

Heidi: Hopefully the girls mouths will feel better soon. Thanks for the info on braces!

Sandy: I was looking more at the Dr. Oz stuff and it would be great except I don't like his food options. There are only a couple of things everyone would eat and we can't eat the same thing for 2 weeks! Your 3-day thing looks interesting.

Denine, too bad she didn't get the braces since she was expecting them. Now she has to wait. If I know her, she is probably fretting over it.

Sitting here waiting for the big storm they are promising. Talk about monsoon rains the last week or so. Some parts of Denver have received 4" of rain in July alone.

Denine - my girls had the palate extender as well and they did fine with it, they didn't really experience much pain with it at all. They used it first to get them to stop sucking their thumbs when they were younger and it worked!

Mom - A coworker told me about "Rescue Remedy", I guess it is an essential oil that you can pick up from sunflower market and all it is is a combination of certain flowers soaked in water. She gives this to her dogs and it helps keep them calm during a thunderstorm and fireworks so we are going to try that for Lilly tonight. May help her this weekend too if she is still afraid of Cristina and Trent! Oh ya, found out Cody and Courtney are coming too this weekend with us! Big party of 8 camping...fun fun fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter