October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

RETIREMENT is awesome!!!!! I'm sure he is more than ready with all this going on. Great GPA's! Sure helped our girls for scholarships.

My brother moved in with us in Sept. Extremely long and emotional story short, he couldn't afford rent or health insurance. It is a HUGE challenge for us. Praying it doesn't last long but I don't ever see things improving. I just want the house back to Ted and I.

Hello HUMANS!!!! Just thought I would see if the old thread was still alive. Miss you all!!! School is coming to end. All the kids have gotten straight A's for the entire year. Still busy as ever!!!!!! But aren't we all? Love you all! Will check back in again!!!

Hola!!!!!! We are recovering from the girls graduation!!!!!! Haven't been on the DIS in a long time. Trying to find cheap rental code for when we cruise in July. Right now the prices are insane.

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Another cold rainy day in Colorado. Will this ever end? The news said it has rained 23 days this month so far and it is May 24th for goodness sake. Enjoyed the girls graduation. The speakers were awesome. Not only were they interesting but they kept it short and sweet. I think it was the first ever graduation that kept my interest.

Heidi, LOVED seeing the pictures from the girls graduation! Tell me about the rentals being so high!!! We leave June 5th to go to WDW til the 17th. We usually book Alamo, but HOLY INSANE PRICES!!! I did book a standard for $327 and change, so I guess that's not too bad. I have usually gotten cars for around the $200. One thing I know is if you are staying at disney BEFORE the trip, I would try taking the magical express to the hotel, then book a car through the car center at WDW. they will come and pick you up at your resort and get you to the car center. I found the prices (back in March) we a whole lot cheaper to go that route then booking from the airport. You can pickup at the car center and drop off at the airport if you want. Still cheaper then going the whole airport route. Are the girls planning on going to college? If so where?

Sandy, our weather hasn't been too bad, EXCEPT it seems like ALL the track meets we have had this year has been extremely COLD!!!! Now for Regionals for this Friday for Makenzie, it's suppose to be in the 80's with a chance of storms. It has been a strange spring. I hope it will warm up. Our pool is filled, and up and running but too cold yet to enjoy.

Makenzie has her driving temps and when we get back from WDW will begin drivers Ed. She should be driving by the time school starts so I won't have to take her or Garry to school. Makenzie will be taking Advance Placement (AP) Physics, English, and Psychology next year, Garry will be in Honor English, Math, Social Studies, AND Biology.... and Brooke will be taking the only honors class offered to 6th graders .. Math. SO, it should be lots of fun around here. Makenzie took her first AP test this year and we will find out if she scored high enough to earn college credit. Brooke will be on 3 YES THREE cheer teams this year. She will be going back to Disney for competition in March WINK WINK IN CASE anyone wants to come and have a mini reunion visit!!! Garry has started conditioning for football and will continue with track for next year. Makenzie will begin cross country practice when we get back home for vacation. Brooke has cheer practice Monday thru Thursday for 4 hours a day and LOVES it!! Starting mid July Garry will be having football practices morning and evenings. Never a dull moment, but it goes by fast. Makenzie has already gotten emails from several colleges showing interest in her. Everyone has gotten staight "A's" this entire year. Right now Makenzie is 12th out of 328... and Garry is 1 out of 287... (but he is just at the beginning of high school credit stuff...lol). Let's keep our fingers crossed for lots and lots of scholarships!!!!

Well that's about most of everything going on over here. I will keep checking back to the thread to keep "it alive".

TTFN

That's awesome how the kids are excelling academically and with sports. Good job, Julie! Hmmmm, March huh? Might have to try and figure something out! We will be missing you at WDW by about a month. Ted and I will be there July 16 for 3 days and then hop onto a B2B cruise on the DREAM for two 5 day cruises with double CC. It is Heidi and Chris's gift to the girls. They know they are going but what they don't know is that we are going, also. We will be at WDW. Get picked up by a limo and head to the airport Hyatt where they will be. They will get into the limo and SURPRISE, we are there. I can't wait to see their faces!!!!!

Been hearing about Cleveland on the news all day. I sure hope it stays civil! I think of Garry.

Sandy, so far so good! knock on wood! It isn't the people of Cleveland.. it is the idiots that are being bused in to create issues. BUT I must say, nothing too bad yet. I hope it doesn't.

Julie - That is awesome your kiddos are doing so good! It is hard to believe the girls have graduated and are 18!!! We had a great time celebrating. As for car rentals, everyone says to book through Alamo with the Vroom Vroom Vroom code but I am to chicken to try it out. It is for international drivers and adds insurance and is super good price, but some people have been turned around at the counter saying they can't offer them the code or the price. We will be picking the car up at the port after the cruise and then dropping it off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport after our mini trip to Key West. People say of you use the kiosk nothing will stop it but I am pretty sure the Port doesn't have a kiosk! Speaking of Key West, since nothing was posted on facebook, you all probably do not know this but Chris's mom passed away unexpectedly in January. Chris doesn't talk much about it so I don't. She was buried in Key West because that is where she was born and raised by her grandparents. She is buried right next to her grandfather. After the cruise we are meeting up with Chris's sister and nieces to place the grave marker (I think that's what they call it, sort of like a headstone but not!). Her 69th birthday would have been August 25th this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter