October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Heidi, great news about Cody and Courtney. At least one of us will get to know her. LOL. I'm wondering if we should take Lilly. Makes me worried about her with so many people. Good grief, I am a grandma! It's getting darker and darker. You might need that oil for her. Suppose to be the worst day since the monsoon season started.

Mom, I will take you up on your offer. ;) Just kidding, she will be okay with all the people! Taura would kill me if I didn't bring Lilly, Jawann is already upset we aren't bringing Sable! Lilly did a lot better with the storm when we used the Rescue Remedy. Instead of pacing and not getting settled, she just sat on our laps. She was still panting a lot and her heart was still beating pretty fast but at least she stayed still!

Good Morning!!!

Well I think my summer is slowing down. We have had company pretty consistant since the middle of June. Work is still so demanding getting time to post is challenging. I am so bad when I lose my train of thought.

Family reunion went really well. No major mishaps. Everyone seemed to have a really good time. Had a photographer come out and get pictures. Not very often ALL my family is in one place. Hat a popcorn, cotton candy and snow cone machine plus a big castle bouncy house. The kids had such a good time. Had a spa for all the girls and outside games.

Last week one of Jaymee friends from Nebraska stayed with us. Young girl who is in the airforce and applied for the academy. She has already had to report to the Academy. We are going to be her sponsor family. they don't get much freedom in the first few years so probably wont see her much. One of my first thoughts after meeting her was "Dang I already finished getting all the stuff for the girls Christmas stockings and now I have another one to fill :laughing: I am stuffing 11 stocking and now 12 this year. :scared1: Bought and wrapped several Christmas presents so far. Always run out of storage room for them.

Got all of Kara's "Tinkerbell" gifts done for Disney and some of Ethan's. This year I am wrapping them really cute. Kara's have Tinkerbell paper, big bows and Tinkerbell chipboard cut outs in the middle of the bows. Then I sprinkled glitter on them. Ethan's will be "Cars". I am going to mail them down early so I don't have to travel with them.

I am making eveyone the cooling neckwraps. I have always wanted to make them and finally figured out how. Making about 18 of them. There will be 20 of us that go to Disney in October. Should be pretty fun. We are all going to dress up for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Tiffany is home for the week. We are going to the midnight show tomorrow night. Missy's birthday is today!!! I am going to get her a laptop and have been shopping around instead I found the refridgerator I REALLY REALLY want for $1000 off. Wish I could get it but can't seem to give up the Disney trips :laughing:

Susan: How come Turner is staying with another family? CONGRATS on the new position!! That is AWESOME!!!

Denine: I am thinking of going back to Weight Watchers. Bet you have a lot of recipe ideas. Got any for people that hate to cook? :rolleyes: Poor Kaleigh OUCH! that extender sounds so painful! That is Awesome that Jerry has a job so soon. My Mom told she read on the board that he was layed off. What kind of job did he find?

Sandy-CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! That is AWESOME!! How did you do it?? Are you still going to water aerobics? I have not gone for the past 5 weeks because Ethan has played baseball and his games were on Tuesday and Thursdays everyweek. Of course our water aerobics nights. Didn't go last night because Tiffany came into town and cant go Thursday because of the Midnight Showing!!

Julie- Sounds like a really fun vacation. I think the last time I posted you were in Disney. Any other vacation plans this year? Since we are going to Disney in October we are skipping our December trip :guilty: I am going to be so sad in December when I am not there to enjoy the Christmas season. Next year. Have you ever taken either one of the girls to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique? I made a Kara a reservation at the one in Cinderella's castle. If so did the girls love it? Was it worth it? Where do they take the pictures at? The Disney show I was watching on tv shows them outside the castle in that grassy area. Hope that is where they take the pictures.

Heidi-OUCH! Poor girls! How long will they have their braces on? Sounds like a really fun weekend ahead for you guys! Glad you found a good remedy for your dog.

Well my post just flashed and I thought I lost it. I had better get it posted before I do!

Me again. Chatty today I guess. Making up for lost time :lmao:

I am SO excited I ordered a new desktop from Dell. My old computer was about 10 years old and kept locking up and sosososo slow. It finally crashed at the worst time... The week of the reunion when I needed it most. I have my itunes account on it that supports all of our iphones so I decided to take the plunge and get a new one. Means another year of payments but YAY!! N

Well better get to working. Going to keep the board up for a while and post more later.

By the was Heidi & Sandy seeing the Hawaii thingy on your post makes me so sad I am not going with you but happy for you guys going. I wanna go soooo bad!:sad1:

Barb, Barb, Barb. You are quite the chatty cathy today, LOL. Love it! Have you started your neck wraps yet? I want to make a few but not sure. You are sooooo busy with sooooo much. Glad the family reunion turned out great. Happy Birthday to Missy. You crack me up. I won't give up things to keep my trips either. Computers sure know the best time to act up........NOT! Stick around, we miss you.

Hi guys!

Barb, yes we had both girls do the boutique. We also did it at Cinderella's Castle. The pictures were taken up by Tony's Town Square/ Town Hall(Inside). Right where you walk into the Magic Kingdom. They do not take the pictures in the grassy area by the Castle. The Boutique is pretty small inside so they don't do the pictures by there. NOW, they might have moved the picture place since they moved Mickey's Meet and Greet in Town Hall. We did the top of the line package...hair, make up, dress, shoes... the whole nine yards!!! It is pretty pricey, BUT the experience is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth every penny!!!!!! The boutique at Downtown Disney takes their pictures by the guest relations area, next to the crystal store. So they don't take the pictures where they do the boutique either.

Sandy, congrats on the weight loss!!! I wish I could lose weight as fast as you can!

Heidi, Makenzie also had the palate expander too. It worked out very well for her too!

Hi Susan and Denine!

Well, gotta run! Be back later!

TTFN

Barb - Wow, you still have a very busy life!!!! Glad to see you posting, we missed you! How cute that you get to take your dgd to BBB! I can't wait to see pics. Its going to be a great trip. Happy Birthday to Missy. I won't give up my Disney cruises so I am in the same boat as you! Could I save and spend the money on my house, sure...but I rather go to Disney!!!!!

Julie - I remember when your girls had that taken, I loved looking at the pictures. I am sure it is worth the price for them to feel like a princess for a day and be so pampered.

Mom - When are you leaving for the campground tonight? You will have to call Chris when you are ready to pick up Sable because today after work I am going to Hops for a surprise going away party for my coworker Monica. If it doesn't rain again tonight, we are going to the concert in the park afterwards so I won't be home after work. I have your clothes that I borrowed, sheet, blanket for you as well. Please make sure you request Sable's bed because Chris always forgets about that! Thanks so much for watching her for us. LYMI

Busy, busy, busy! All I have been doing is running for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully this week will be better.

Supposed to storm today. If it rains, Kaleigh's game will be canceled. That will make 3 cancellations. They probably won't make any up. He last game is Wednesday.

Barb: You sure have been busy. We gave up on family reunions years ago. No one came anymore. I wish I was crafty like you, but I am just NOT. Sounds like your October trip will be awesome!

Jerry's new job is at a marketing company doing database work. They were desperately seeking someone qualified and couldn't find anyone until Jerry came along. He has been thrown into the deep end that if for sure. They have a new deal with Office Max doing all of their marketing work and this is only a small company of around 60 people. They have to have it done by October 3rd. Jerry will get a lot of opportunities here that he would never have gotten at the bank or any bank. I am glad he is out of the banking industry.

We spent all of Saturday weeding, edging, trimming and mulching. I am still sore! Yesterday we went to the zoo for a while to see the new grizzly bear cubs. They are sooo cute! They were orphaned in Montana when someone killed the mom in self defense.

Heidi: I am glad the expander wasn't bad for your girls. I know Kaleigh's cousin hated hers and I found a blog written by an 8 year old, red-haired boy who screamed in pain everytime his mom turned the key. I have these visions of Kaleigh and it aint pretty. I keep hoping that if I fear the worst, it won't be so bad. The ortho said she would feel pressure when we turn the key and some discomfort. Not looking foward to this.

Sandy: You are doing so awesome on your weight loss! Jerry and I are officially starting back on WW today. We are doing the old program since that is what I know since we aren't attending meetings. I found another book with a 5-day quick-start plan. I need to read more. We need to lose before the cruise in October.

Good Morning!!

Another fabulous week at work. :rolleyes: Had such a good weekend. Tiffany was here. Thursday we took the kids swimming. I got burned AGAIN will I ever learn?? Friday we went to get nail salon. Then Harry Potter midnight show. It was SOO much fun. Loved the costumes. There was an entire quidditch team there. A few kids dress up sernaded us. There was so much excitment there it was so worth being in line all day and staying up all night.

Got my new computer all set up. It is so nice to have a fast computer again. I LOVE IT!

Tiffany leaves today :guilty: we had a really good time while she was here. I have had company since the middle of July our house will seem pretty quite now with just the 5 of us :laughing: Not to much more planned for the summer. Ethan starts school in 2 weeks so our summer is coming to a close.

I have started the neck wraps. They are so easy it really does not take very long to make one. The ironing takes the longest. Now that my summer is winding down it's time to get the halloween bags done and the christmas stocking for our 2 new babies finished. I have started making the little felt thingys for them. I have Minnie, Cinderella's castle done and a ballerina almost done. Got lots more to do. Don't see how I am going to finish 2 stockings before Christmas since it is all handmade. :scared1:

I have been working on the surprise boxes for the kids that I plan on giving them the morning we leave. I know I won't get away with the total surprise for very many years since the older they get the wiser they get. But I should be good for this year. :laughing: I cut out and pieced together Cinderella's castle for Bippity Boppity Boutique, airplanes with little tiny Mickeys in the windows for their airplane ride. Tiffany make the cutest Mickey pumpkin heads to tell them about Mickeys not so scary Halloween party, I still need to make a pirate ship for Ethan's pirate adventure, tickets for the parks and something for the resort and pool. if posting pictures was any easier I would posts pictures. wish it were as easy as in facebook

Well this is getting pretty long so I'd better stop :laughing:

Hi everyone,

Denine, I bet Jerry is definitely overwhelmed but enjoying the change at the same time. I decided to lose weight for our Hawaii cruise. Guess both of us need to keep cruises on our agendas, LOL. My weight loss stalled this past week. I am hanging at 15 pounds off. I am on a strict diet for 7 days that hopefully will shake things up.

Barb, sounds like a fun filled weekend with Tiff. Remind me where she is living now. In re: to neckwraps. If ironing is the worse part I won't attemt them. I HATE IRONING!!!!! No way around it........I hate it!

This weekend was Halloween at the campground. I truly think it is my favorite weekend. Everyone loves Richard's haunted house and I love the kids dressing up and trick or treating. I get more kids at the campground than I do at my house on the real holiday.

Miss everyone!!

Yay, yay,yay!!! I found someone to fix my Disney Dream Maiden Voyage hoodie. The embroidery was coming undone. Disney wouldn't give me a letter for permission to have it fixed after I was turned down at a shop because its Disney. Disney, of course, was sold out. They sent another one but it was inaugural and it was the wrong size. They gave me three options and I chose door #3. I keep both sweatshirts and get a 100.00 shipboard credit for the Hawaii cruise.

Mom - I am so glad you found someone to fix your hoodie. I say you got a pretty good deal for 2 jackets, and a $100 credit!!!!!!

Once again, I'm soooo excited. I told you that I was on a strict diet for a week. They warn you that you probably won't lose this week but it will pick up next week. I weighed in today and lost 2.5 since Monday. I am so pumped up! They were shocked. Who knows what next week will briing then but I'm going to enjoy what I managed to lose this week. Yahoo!

Sorry, me again. I guess there is a "sticky" somewhere claiming that the DISboards is going to delete private messages older than 6 months. If you are saving any for whatever reason you might want to take care of it.

It is hot and we are lovin it!!

Kaleigh had her last baseball game tonight. She is sad. Then we found out her homeschool game was cancelled for tomorrow, again, not happy. They cancelled because it is supposed to be 97. At least I found out before making the 30 minute drive to Strongsville!

Sandy: That is great with your weight!

Barb: :worship:

We start school on the 15th.

Sandy: Jerry does like his new job. He is getting to do stuff he would never have been allowed to do at the bank. I think he is learning that working for a small company can be a good thing!

Denine, you and I could never live together, LOL. I am hating this heat. I dread summer every year. Even as a child I dreaded it. It just seems like Kaleigh can't catch a break with her practices and games. She loves it and mother nature doesn't cooperate. I wish you lived closer and we could support each other diet wise. I am loving this one. It's pretty easy but you can't have anything "gourmet" and I think that is more to your liking. I'm a casserole kind of gal so I am missing that but I am focused to lose. Remember me on the PC cruise? I want to be that lady again.

Denine - That is awesome Kaleigh loves playing in the games so much.

Mom - I need you to motivate me so I can lose weight too!!! I just need to give you money so you can cook for me! After work I am too tired to cook so I go for something easy, fast, and not healthy! Plus I have been lazy and not doing Zumba now that Kara is on maternity leave. Once she is back, I am sure she will motivate me......hopefully!

Heidi, I am more than willing to give you my diet and you can follow it. Once again, it has "LA Lites" but I can buy for you and you can pay me back or you can buy the protein powders. Off sale the thermo snacks run 16.00 per box and you would need two per week. They run about 12-15g for protein. Believe me, they have great ones like nacho cheese pasta, granola, bars, puddings, smoothies. They have AWESOME plateau breakers. So far, I am doing waayy better than LAWL. When does Kara get off maternity leave?

Back to Monday again.

We went to see the new Pooh movie on Friday. It was cute and f unny but a bit on the short side.
Saturday was jsut stuff around the house.
Yesterday we spent several hours cleaning Jerry's mom's flooded basement. SO much garbage! However, a lot of it was garbage before it got soaked, so we now got to throw it away. There is more work to do, but she really needs to call one of those clean-up businessess. She also needs to get her basement fixed which we told her back in April and before. Now, maybe she will really do it. :confused3

Sandy: I am not gourmet at all, I just eat too much! I do have to admit, I am not much of a one-pot meal person. I like to have different flavors in each bite.

Kaleigh starts her swimming lessons tomorrow and gets her expander on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter