October 13, 2012--Magical Galveston Cruise!!!

Anyone know anything about deck two? My parents have always been on seven

Thanks

I have been on deck two. It was very convenient. Especially if you are located in the back (aft) of the ship. Our muster station was Animator's Palate. that was really good. Sitting in the restaurant while others are standing out on deck. Easy to get to dinner and off the ship in ports. I don't really care where my cabin is as long as I am on the ship!

cathie13 said:
I have been on deck two. It was very convenient. Especially if you are located in the back (aft) of the ship. Our muster station was Animator's Palate. that was really good. Sitting in the restaurant while others are standing out on deck. Easy to get to dinner and off the ship in ports. I don't really care where my cabin is as long as I am on the ship!

I believe I am aft! Thanks for the advice! I can't wait!!!

What kind of cameras do ppl bring? I probably want my good camera for ruins but I don't know. Disposables?

Thanks

Hi, Saw this posted elsewhere:

Kids Sail Free offered for Galveston cruises!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kids ages 17 and under sail FREE on select 6-night and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from Galveston! To take advantage of this offer, kids must travel with 2 full-fare Guests in the same stateroom in categories 4A to 11B on select cruises from January 8, 2013 to March 4, 2013

It's on the DCL website under specials, the online code is KFO.

I really want to book a 2nd trip

What kind of cameras do ppl bring? I probably want my good camera for ruins but I don't know. Disposables?

Thanks

We take a couple, one for him that's fancy and requires work, and one for me that isn't & doesn't. :rotfl2: I have a Lumix something or other, and its a great little digital camera - but I am not a good photographer. :confused3

Hi, Saw this posted elsewhere:

Kids Sail Free offered for Galveston cruises!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kids ages 17 and under sail FREE on select 6-night and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from Galveston! To take advantage of this offer, kids must travel with 2 full-fare Guests in the same stateroom in categories 4A to 11B on select cruises from January 8, 2013 to March 4, 2013

It's on the DCL website under specials, the online code is KFO.

I really want to book a 2nd trip

Book one onboard and you'll save 10% plus only have to put 50% of the regular deposit down plus get the OBC. :thumbsup2 It's very theraputic to have another cruise booked before you are forced kicking and screaming off the ship. :joker:

One day down, I am with you all, I have stuff all over the diningroom table, the ironing board and the coffee table. I have all the formal stuff dry cleaned and am hoping to get the suit cases down so that I can start packing!!!
I have 3 clinical days and one lecture to complete, then I can have some rest and relaxation!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks

We bring 2. One nice DSLR and before our last cruise we bought a nice waterproof camera (Lumix I think) for anything having to do with beaches or snorkeling. Makes a big difference having that one available.

We have an Olympus (? sp) an 8 what ever - waterproof camera and Mike is debating whether to take his DLSR that he has.

I still have stuff at the cleaners - that we pick up today. And everything else sitting on the bed in the front bedroom. This is sounding silly but I think our shoes are going to have their own suitcase. :lmao:

Dena

Now to ask the original question I had signed on for to begin with. Can you put the TSA locks on your suitcases and not cause a big ruckus?
Dena

We really can't wait!! Just finished packing my first carry on. That was just FE! Now on to the next one...

I have put all of our FE stuff into a box and am going to hand it over with our luggage, hopefully they make it OK. :scared:

One day down, I am with you all, I have stuff all over the diningroom table, the ironing board and the coffee table. I have all the formal stuff dry cleaned and am hoping to get the suit cases down so that I can start packing!!!
I have 3 clinical days and one lecture to complete, then I can have some rest and relaxation!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2:

I don't have stuff too scattered, but when I start to pack on Thursday I have a feeling it's going to look like a war zone! I'm looking forward to 6 pm Friday as that's when I am officially done with work!! :cheer2:

This is sounding silly but I think our shoes are going to have their own suitcase. :lmao:

Dena

We've pretty much had an entire bag filled with shoes before! It's crazy how many shoes you need!! ::yes:: I'm going to try and cut it down this time.

Now to ask the original question I had signed on for to begin with. Can you put the TSA locks on your suitcases and not cause a big ruckus?
Dena

Good question Dena - and I have no idea :confused3 Hopefully someone else will know.

I have all our dry cleaning done and picked up, I have some laundry that will need to be done by the end of the week, I also have to do the charge-every-battery round - between cameras, iphones, kindles, ipad (my 84 year old Mum has one and I do not - LOL - what's the world coming to? :joker:) and electric toothbrushes, it's just crazy how many electronics we can't "live without" these days!

3 mores days of work after today....and then it's all about this -> :beach:

Any Houston Texans fans boarding? I *think* game 7 is on formal night... Think they will still show it by the pool? Anyone know where else they might have it on?

Jenny - after today 2 days of work for me. And I just back into the office a little bit ago. Mike had doctors appointment in the Medical Center :crazy2:. So now back to work LOL if you want to call it that this week.

Rm3idm - if there is a place they are playing the Texans game I know DH will be there to watch. He stayed up late last night to watch. That may be some time I spend to myself. I've been to the games with him, all the world stops existing when the game is on :rolleyes2. So if anyone is around him during the game and he ignores you, he's really not ignoring you just has everything tuned out but the game.
Dena

Snowcat: Where are you from in Minnesota? We are from Maple Grove - will be on this cruise also. Me, my husband, 13 year old granddaughter and 11 year old grandson. We're flying though. Our daughter and her husband live in Houston and will be also joining us. This is our 7th Disney cruise!

Finished making the kids pillowcases and they turned out adorable! I can't wait to see them with all the signatures on! I think most of my to do items have been crossed off. Picking up my in-laws in Austin tomorrow so I needed to have everything ready. Thank goodness they don't get in until evening! I have some major cleaning to do after all my crafts and packing.

Well, I have 2 more days of 10 hours and then I am off. Of course these ten hour days are killing me:faint:, I am not as young as a used to be. Friday, I have tons of things to do before we leave. Looks like everyone is busy getting ready.I know that it will be worth all the trouble. Deanna:sail:

I went to work today , and picked up my students uniforms( 4 boxes worth!). I went to put one box on a rolling cart and it rolled away from me, straining my back! I went to the NP this afternoon, got steroids, muscle relaxers and pain medication, so now am lying here hoping to get this thing under control before the trip! I feel bad enough with work having to cover for me right now, but now the trip that I have been waiting for so long may be in jeopardy! My DH is telling me that he will cancell if I dont stay lying down. So, I have the next 24 hours to get this under control, I really do not want this to upset the whole trip.

I went to work today , and picked up my students uniforms( 4 boxes worth!). I went to put one box on a rolling cart and it rolled away from me, straining my back! I went to the NP this afternoon, got steroids, muscle relaxers and pain medication, so now am lying here hoping to get this thing under control before the trip! I feel bad enough with work having to cover for me right now, but now the trip that I have been waiting for so long may be in jeopardy! My DH is telling me that he will cancell if I dont stay lying down. So, I have the next 24 hours to get this under control, I really do not want this to upset the whole trip.

oh no, that's terrible! :sad1: I hope you'll feel better soon. It must be hard, but concentrate on getting better. That's the most important, even with the trip on the line. My thoughts are with you. :flower3:

I called Disney a couple weeks ago as we have a 1 1/2 year old... I asked about kid-friendly excursions and this is what they told me: At Grand Cayman: the Boat Beach Adventure and Marine Park, 7 mile Beach Break and Nautilis Undersea Tour (we did Nautilis last year and like it) at Coasta Maya: Highlight and Beach Combo, and Chakobean (sp?) Ruins Tour. At Cozumel: The Ruins and Beach Tour, Mayan Ruins and Discovery Park and The Discover Mexico Tour.

We have not booked our excursions yet (DOH!) but am considering the Mayan Ruins and Discovery Park at Cozumel and possibly a beach visit somewhere since no Castaway stop on this trip. See you there! Hope this helps and not too late!

Thank you! We have some plans in mind, sounds a lot like your plan :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter