October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

Congrats to all who got their rooms assigned today. Please pm or message me what your new room is so I can add it to the FE list for those on the list!!!!

Congrats to all who got their rooms assigned today. Please pm or message me what your new room is so I can add it to the FE list for those on the list!!!!

I second the congrats to them all!! I truly hope that everyone now has their room assignments. Of course, DCL can still move rooms around if needed. On my first cruise I booked an Oceanview room on Deck 2 and was given a room number right away, but 2 weeks before the cruise DCL upgraded us to a verandah stateroom on Deck 6. So you just never know!!:goodvibes

I think everyone on the 2 FE lists are on FB. Please let me know if you are only here and I will update the final list for both here. Otherwise, both are updated on the FB page. Have a great day!

:wave2: Hi everyone! Just found this thread, and am so excited as I am going on my very first cruise ever on the Fantasy Oct. 12-19! My son, 15 and I are in rm#8184 that we just got assigned(room was GTY) and are traveling with my daughter, 28 and grandson 7 who are in rm#8074 with a friend who is traveling with them also a female(28?). Seems like there's so much to know and not enough time to get to know it in!:scared:

So excited, and would love to hear any tips or tricks that would be good to know to help us get the most out of our cruise! :beach::p

:wave2: Hi everyone! Just found this thread, and am so excited as I am going on my very first cruise ever on the Fantasy Oct. 12-19! My son, 15 and I are in rm#8184 that we just got assigned(room was GTY) and are traveling with my daughter, 28 and grandson 7 who are in rm#8074 with a friend who is traveling with them also a female(28?). Seems like there's so much to know and not enough time to get to know it in!:scared:

So excited, and would love to hear any tips or tricks that would be good to know to help us get the most out of our cruise! :beach::p

Welcome to a great group! (If I do say so myself!) Read through the thread, as there is a lot of information in here. Feel free to ask anything as well. This cruise does have a fairly active FB page as well if you are so inclined.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/321138694651550/

Welcome to a great group! (If I do say so myself!) Read through the thread, as there is a lot of information in here. Feel free to ask anything as well. This cruise does have a fairly active FB page as well if you are so inclined.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/321138694651550/

:thumbsup2 I was actually thinking about that this morning. This Oct 12th sailing does really seem like a great group of people. The group last October sailing were 'ok to good'. This group is GREAT! pirate:

And yes, please feel free to ask questions. There seems to be a lot of repeat cruisers here that probably know the answer!

Oh, and Welcome :goodvibes

Welcome to the group!!! I am a first time cruiser myself and this group is awesome!! Ask away because everyone is willing to help. I find the Facebook page a lot smoother and less confusing then this

:thumbsup2 I was actually thinking about that this morning. This Oct 12th sailing does really seem like a great group of people. The group last October sailing were 'ok to good'. This group is GREAT! pirate:

And yes, please feel free to ask questions. There seems to be a lot of repeat cruisers here that probably know the answer!

Oh, and Welcome :goodvibes

Thanks to you both! I will look through the thread more thoroughly, and I have sent a group request on facebook. I don't have any specific questions yet, as my head is just swimming lol. Disney has sent me so much stuff online, and we have started to book excursions at the different ports. And I guess that does bring me to my first question: How important is it to book excursions at each port? Are there things to do if you don't book a specific excursion? I would hate to book something and then realize we would have been better off touring and checking things out on our own...

DJBLue-
Although there are advantages to booking excursions while in port with DCL...there is also an upside to doing things on your own.(Cheaper and more options!)
For instance....in Cozumel there are plenty of public beaches, many with all inclusive type deals (We love Nachi Cocum- set fee for all you can eat and drink at a beautiful "resort", we are heading to Chankanaab this time on our own)
Cayman has many great public places you can get to on your own (7 mile beach, turtle farm, etc....We have booked tours with Native Way three times in which they take you snorkeling with Sting rays)
Costa Maya is much smaller and limited.
I always like to check the Ports of Call thread over on Cruise Critic for each port to get ideas and ask questions.
Hope this helps!

:welcome: DJBlue066243 to you and all those cruising with you. This is my and my DD's(24) third DCL cruise. Traveling with us for her first DCL cruise will be my Aunt who also has never been to WDW. So after we cruise, we will be spending one day at the Magic Kingdom.

Ask away and I will be glad to answer your questions if I am able. And if don't know the answer, I'm sure someone here will!

Hi everyone - Just joining the party a little late now! This will be out first Disney cruise and we are so excited! Seems like I have a lot to catch up on - still trying to figure out what a fish extender is, lol!

Oh, almost forgot to add - DH and I will be cruising to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary!

DJBLue-
Although there are advantages to booking excursions while in port with DCL...there is also an upside to doing things on your own.(Cheaper and more options!)
For instance....in Cozumel there are plenty of public beaches, many with all inclusive type deals (We love Nachi Cocum- set fee for all you can eat and drink at a beautiful "resort", we are heading to Chankanaab this time on our own)
Cayman has many great public places you can get to on your own (7 mile beach, turtle farm, etc....We have booked tours with Native Way three times in which they take you snorkeling with Sting rays)
Costa Maya is much smaller and limited.
I always like to check the Ports of Call thread over on Cruise Critic for each port to get ideas and ask questions.
Hope this helps!

Thanks, that does help alot! There were a couple of excursions we were really looking forward to, but some we were booking just to have something to do and weren't really excited about. Seemed like alot of extra money to spend for something we weren't sure we even wanted to do! LOL

I am in the process of getting a new certified copy of my birth certificate, as I am in MD now and was born in CA.. Is that sufficient along with my driver's license, or do I then need to get an expedited passport? Luckily my son already has a passport from a trip he took with his dad, so it's just me I'm concerned about...:confused3

Hi everyone - Just joining the party a little late now! This will be out first Disney cruise and we are so excited! Seems like I have a lot to catch up on - still trying to figure out what a fish extender is, lol!

Oh, almost forgot to add - DH and I will be cruising to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary!

:welcome: Sailorgirl32489 and Happy Anniversary!

Thanks, that does help alot! There were a couple of excursions we were really looking forward to, but some we were booking just to have something to do and weren't really excited about. Seemed like alot of extra money to spend for something we weren't sure we even wanted to do! LOL

I am in the process of getting a new certified copy of my birth certificate, as I am in MD now and was born in CA.. Is that sufficient along with my driver's license, or do I then need to get an expedited passport? Luckily my son already has a passport from a trip he took with his dad, so it's just me I'm concerned about...:confused3

You will be fine with a certified copy of your birth certificate and I.D., although DCL does recommend a passport. This is because if something should happen that you need to fly back to the U.S., you need a passport in order to do so. My group has decided only to book an excursion on Grand Cayman (to Tiki Beach) and to go on our own for the other ports. Probably just do some shopping and get back on board to explore the ship.

Update--8/21/13
DisMEET/VISTA CAFE (Deck 4, Mid-Ship) -- TIME: 2:30 PM
abitagirl916(Tammy Guerra) = 3 adults
MickeezMeg(Meghan Mangrum) = 2 adults
mhconley(Martin H. Conley) = 2 adults, 1 child
kendzee94(Barb parker Beveridge) = 1 adult, 1 child
mrssmiddy(Debbie Walker Smith) = 4 adults, 2 children
luvmygrljbSue Kauffunger-Blog) = 2 adults, 1 child
Amandanoel30(Amanda Noel) = 2 adults, 1 child
Crystal See = 2 adults, 4 children
HeddyRuth(Heather Cassell) = 2 adults, 1 child (possibly 2 children)
scorp111(Steve Kraft) = 2 adults, 2 children
MTGDisney(Denise Ondak Hankins) = 2 adults, 1 child
Sandra Weston = 2 adults, 2 children
dawalls2005(Troy Wall) = 2 adults, 2 children
mindysmickey(Mindy Peterson) = 3 adults, 4 children
Krazee4Disney(Jeana) = 2 adults, 3 children

• Roaming Gnome....Let me know if you aren't on here and want to be added!
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DISers door.
Lets see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 12510 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line Western Caribbean Cruise
Oct 12-19, 2013

Love this idea! Can you add us to the list?

7190 - Jenni and Chad

i am a first time disney cruiser,,, this oct 12.... i have no idea how to figure out all this messaging stuff.... i just want to join the FE group and can't seem to be able to do this.... any help???

retired13

i do not know what i am doing.....i want to join a FE group for the oct 12 cruise...
i can not figure out how to do that.... the gnome magnet also sound like fun,,, but i have no idea how to get to someone that can help.... i am not good with computers and do not understand the links and having to send 10 messages before i can PM or send questions to a forum.... can you help?????? retired13 and very frustrated...

i am a newbie to disney crusing.... on the oct 12 fantasy... there are 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids.... we would like to join the FE group, but can not figure out how to do that...
i have seen lists and people talking about what a fun group this is,,, but i need help badly.... i can not seem to be able to get onto any forum without having 10 messages posted, but not sure how to do that either... any help???? thanks retired13

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter