Oceaneer play area?

cumickey

Mouseketeer
Hope this isn't a crazy question, but is there climbing areas for a my 3.5yr old ds in the club?. I saw a few pictures on Platinum castaway club site and I am sorry to say that the room looked a bit sparse!. I am asking as he love the playgrounds at McD's and chuck e cheeses, and he plays very happily there. He finds it hard to sit still and loves to climb and use up endless energy. So I am just checking, before we book as I have been hearing about the Fun Factory at Carnival but not about Disney. I really want to do Disney though!, and I have looked and not found more details myself so hope you can help.

I am also worried about the comments about it being too structured.

Yep, still worrying, especially before dolling out the cash and making it final :rolleyes:

We just returned 2 days ago from the 4-nite Wonder cruise. I was concerned if my DD (4) would like the kid's club as well. Well... she LOVED it. There are several structures for them to climb (just their size) as well as a really neat slide. Believe me... they have the children jumping, dancing, etc. frequently. Your little (active) one will most likely love it. There are many structured activities, but there are also many "general play" times. Even during the structured activities, they vary what they do... I don't think he will get bored at all.

:)

My daughter was 5 when we went on the 4day cruise last summer. She LOVED the "kids club" and would have spent all her time there. I was the one who wanted her with us for this "family" vacation. The kids were busy all the time. However, those who needed a little down time had it available. The staff was WONDERFUL. They work VERY hard and deserve a MILLION thank yous.

This time we will be on the June 1 Eastern 7 day cruise. My daughter (now 6) and a friend (now 5) can't stop talking about the "kids club on the cruise". Both have been on the 4 day. The friend went when she was 3. Her mom had the same opinion as I did about keeping our kids with us.

Don't worry--the cruise is fabulous!

Yes, there is a great climb and play area. My DD, who is 4.5, LOVED the club. She also loved the slide. We still hear about the slide lol. We were just on the 4 night on the Wonder on 4/7. It is a great are for them to run and play. they also have like a tree house that they can climb in and play up in that area. Your DS will have a ball.

Thanks bray & rlskes.

I am looking forward to the down time, lol!, being lucky enough to stay home with him (except 6 hrs preschool/wk) makes the club very appealing for a few hours. Also knowing there is an appropriate area for him to release energy is very reassuring, sitting still for lots of stories and crafts was my concern.

Thanks!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter