Ocean view vs Central Park vs Boardwalk on the Symphony

Alexle2007

DIS Veteran
We are looking to book the Symphony of the Seas for Aug 2019. We’ve always done ocean view rooms on all of the cruise lines. What are your thoughts/experiences with the Central Park or Boardwalk view rooms?

For both, remember that you’ll be looking at the balconies of some other cruisers. Some people don’t like that.

Central Park - nice area, usually quiet at night. Can get a little stuffy as you’re looking into an enclosed quad.

Boardwalk. You can see the aqua theatre and a bit of the water, but on Symphony it will be partially blocked by the Abyss tubes. Great view of the zip line.

It WILL be noisy when they have the shows on or they show a movie. If you have little ones that sleep early they may be disturbed by the noise.

We are looking to book the Symphony of the Seas for Aug 2019. We’ve always done ocean view rooms on all of the cruise lines. What are your thoughts/experiences with the Central Park or Boardwalk view rooms?
Ive done a Boadwalk Balcony once and I'll never do it again...entirely too loud. With shows starting as late as 10pm sometimes in the AquaTheater the noise from the Boardwalk was very annoying.

I have stayed in a boardwalk view room twice and loved it. I like the fact you can sit on the balcony and see some action instead of nothing but water. I’ve never had an issue with noise. I leave for for my next cruise in 8 days. It is on the Symphony and again I will be in a boardwalk view.

I have stayed in a boardwalk view room twice and loved it. I like the fact you can sit on the balcony and see some action instead of nothing but water. I’ve never had an issue with noise. I leave for for my next cruise in 8 days. It is on the Symphony and again I will be in a boardwalk view.

Would love to year yoyr feedback on Symphony. We have Boardwalk booked on her in March for first time m. Can't wait. Enjoy your cruise!

I was just on a 2 day Inaugural cruise on the Symphony. Though I had a balcony room on that cruise, I was on the Harmony last October and had a Central Park View. The Harmony and the Symphony are essentially the same ship, tho the Symphony is a bit larger. On the Harmony I was on the 9th deck right above one of the restaurants. It was nice and pretty quiet, but the awning of the restaurant obstructed out view below a bit. Plus you can see into the cabins across from you and need to pull the curtain when changing, etc.

Although I didn't have a boardwalk balcony on the Symphony I can vouch for the fact that it is pretty loud pretty late into the evening. The latest aqua show starts at about 10:30, and there is a sports bar right next to the aqua theater and an arcade right next to that. Also, last year on the Harmony I was on my company's National Conference with about 900 colleagues. We had our Halloween party on the boardwalk deck and I know that was loud. Again, I didn't stay in one of those rooms.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

I did a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure and really enjoyed it. We were towards the back and were able to see the aqua a how plus the water. I didn't notice any noise, but we didn't go to bed until midnight or later every night. I'm not sure about Symphony though because of the Abyss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter