O'CanaDis! Calling all Canucks for DLR tips

Off to investigate way.com ... Never heard of it until now. Thanks for the info everyone. I have a US account, so can potentially purchase in US funds.

I saw that and was not shocked at all. You should see how wrecked my luggage was after my trip to vegas in November. have heard horror stories of what goes on with the luggage behind the scenes, but think this might be a first for right out in the open. Dude must have forgot planes have windows!! Although, looking at the size of those bags being tossed, ***!! kind of HUGE for carry on, no???

Nope, not the first time ... Search United Breaks guitars ... The musicians involved grew up in my hometown ... He turned the incident into a customer service public speaking career I guess you would call it.

Now AC and United are part of the Star Alliance ... You would think AC would have learned from the United incident.

Off to investigate way.com ... Never heard of it until now. Thanks for the info everyone. I have a US account, so can potentially purchase in US funds.

We used way.com last year when we bought our APs. Very quick and easy, the only issue with buying as Canadians is that you have to do it over the phone instead of online. I emailed them and had a reply back with a contact name and phone number within the hour. I called and had the ticket vouchers emailed to me in less than 2 hours.

Nothing but great things to say about my experience with them.

If you have a US credit card with a US address, then you'll be able to order online. Otherwise you'll have to call them, since there's so way to input a Canadian address online where you give your credit card info.

We used way.com last year when we bought our APs. Very quick and easy, the only issue with buying as Canadians is that you have to do it over the phone instead of online. I emailed them and had a reply back with a contact name and phone number within the hour. I called and had the ticket vouchers emailed to me in less than 2 hours. Nothing but great things to say about my experience with them.

Awesome to hear this .. Definitely leaning towards giving them a try.

If you have a US credit card with a US address, then you'll be able to order online. Otherwise you'll have to call them, since there's so way to input a Canadian address online where you give your credit card info.

Well, I have a US CC but no US address, guess I'll be emailing then calling. A few $ in long distance won't impact the sayings that much at all.

Well, I have a US CC but no US address, guess I'll be emailing then calling. A few $ in long distance won't impact the sayings that much at all.

You don't need to email first, just call. I talked to William who was very helpful (but didn't sound like a William!) I was on the phone for about 15 minutes, so not too bad for long distance. He asked for my email address and sent me a test email to make sure it worked.

You don't need to email first, just call. I talked to William who was very helpful (but didn't sound like a William!) I was on the phone for about 15 minutes, so not too bad for long distance. He asked for my email address and sent me a test email to make sure it worked.

Thanks for the info!

disneyland.com is usually the most expensive way to go. I have always seen better prices going through way.com, 5 day hoppers are 300.00 and 279.00 from Disney and 275.00 and 259.00 on way. (adult and then child price)

Flightcentre is quoting 326.00 and 303.00 CAD, Disney and way.com are both in US$ but using current exchange converters this is what I find for the 5 day hoppers in Canadian funds.

Adult:
Disney: $330.54
Way.com: $302.99
Flightcentre: $326.00

Child:
Disney: $307.40
Way.com: $285.37
Flightcentre: $303.00

another option is to order the SoCalCitypass from Costco.ca. you pay in Canadian funds. 327.99 and 283.99 for 3 day hoppers plus universal and seaworld. and you can upgrade to 4 or 5 day hoppers too.

another option is to order the SoCalCitypass from Costco.ca. you pay in Canadian funds. 327.99 and 283.99 for 3 day hoppers plus universal and seaworld. and you can upgrade to 4 or 5 day hoppers too.

Costco was our first thought, but we definitely aren't doing universal or sea world, so the pass isn't a deal even considering exchange rate.

Think we've decided on 4 day non hoppers from way.com ... Does anyone know if we could upgrade these to hoppers or 5 days if we found for some reason we needed to?

With 4 days we get two at each park ... and since we'll try just about all the attractions and shows, it seems like there will be plenty to do without hopping. Also, we tend to do much better with a simple game plan (e.g. circle the park counterclockwise) than one that has us running all over, criss-crossing and backtracking - our WDW conditioning at play no doubt! Fortunately, a few in our party will run for fastpasses.

Hi everyone,

My family and I just came back from our trip last week and I believe we got one of the better deal right now for park tickets. We bought our tickets from Ares Travel as they have different offers. We bought 2 adult 5-days Park Hopper tickets for $277 each (Adult pay kid's price) and 1 child 5-days Park Hopper ticket for $265 (Buy 4 days get 1 free).

I'm still a noob for this board, so I can't post any link... :sad2:
You can copy and paste this code at the end of the bit.ly link: RJdbWK

All are in US currency, and you do have to print out the vouchers to be exchanged at the ticket box office. You'll get an special envelope to keep your tickets from the box office... :thumbsup2
This was the first time I bought from Ares, and I can definitely recommend it!

Hi everyone,

My family and I just came back from our trip last week and I believe we got one of the better deal right now for park tickets. We bought our tickets from Ares Travel as they have different offers. We bought 2 adult 5-days Park Hopper tickets for $277 each (Adult pay kid's price) and 1 child 5-days Park Hopper ticket for $265 (Buy 4 days get 1 free).

I'm still a noob for this board, so I can't post any link... :sad2:
You can copy and paste this code at the end of the bit.ly link: RJdbWK

All are in US currency, and you do have to print out the vouchers to be exchanged at the ticket box office. You'll get an special envelope to keep your tickets from the box office... :thumbsup2
This was the first time I bought from Ares, and I can definitely recommend it!

I'm curious how these companies can sell Disneyland passes cheaper than at the gate?

thanks

I'm sure Disneyland sell the tickets to them at an even lower price. Otherwise, why would they even bother selling them? I think it's also Disneyland's way in guaranteeing visitors at the park.

It's good for savvy customers like us :yay:

Another good tip we employed this time is if you are leaving from British Columbia, check all the different airport options. We have just booked on Jet Blue out of Seattle going to Long Beach. We in the past had flown to John Wayne Airport but in this case we are flying for $74 taxes included each way and I just found out on Jet Blue the first bag is free for all passengers. Big savings for people travelling with little kids.

I just placed an order with Von's, and FYI, I did not even need to have a US address to my credit card account. It went through just fine with using my home address in Canada but using the three numbers of the postal code and adding two zeros as the zip code. I got the email confirmation. Now, I just hope all goes well with delivery to the Disneyland hotel on our arrival day.

Another good tip we employed this time is if you are leaving from British Columbia, check all the different airport options. We have just booked on Jet Blue out of Seattle going to Long Beach. We in the past had flown to John Wayne Airport but in this case we are flying for $74 taxes included each way and I just found out on Jet Blue the first bag is free for all passengers. Big savings for people travelling with little kids.

I just booked with Southwest for this exact reason! SW has two free bags and I managed to get SEA to SNA! No pre-assigned seating but you can pay a little extra to get early boarding.

Next time I will check out Jet Blue for sure!

I just booked with Southwest for this exact reason! SW has two free bags and I managed to get SEA to SNA! No pre-assigned seating but you can pay a little extra to get early boarding.

Yep, this is why we fly on Southwest (from Detroit this time). The airline is considerably cheaper anyway and then once you factor in not having to pay for luggage for three people, it's a great deal!

I have never flown them before but I was surprised we could also pick our seat for no additional cost. I checked to make sure we could bring strollers and sure enough they are free. I keep waiting for the ball to drop and find out something like "Oh you wanted to put your feet on the ground, that's fifty dollars extra."

I have never flown them before but I was surprised we could also pick our seat for no additional cost. I checked to make sure we could bring strollers and sure enough they are free. I keep waiting for the ball to drop and find out something like "Oh you wanted to put your feet on the ground, that's fifty dollars extra."

LOL and they actually give you real live snacks, too!

I'll have to add Jetblue to my airlines to watch. I just priced out our August dates and SWA is still less expensive than JB and we get to fly to SNA instead of LGB. BUT...they have ridiculously good prices between SNA and MCO which will help us next year when we are planning to head to WDW. I can't see next March yet but for flights in November I can fly us there round trip from Seattle for $362 each! :cheer2:

I wanted to add that I can get us to Orlando for less than what I paid to fly us to Ottawa. How insane is that???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter