• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OC Register lists Genie Plus and Lightning Lane rides

This source refers only to the tweet I mentioned above. They also said it was communicated to media outlets but I have yet to see another media outlet report the same. Again, it might be true but I get skeptical when all reporting keeps getting traced down to a single tweet.
Oh, thought you were referring to this one:

It’s another tweet from someone else at a media event, but at least it’s a second report not based on the other tweet. So it seems like that information was heard by multiple people.

But again that was WDW, so who knows what’ll happen when it launches at DL. Especially since it appears Disney has not explicitly stated this limitation on line publicly yet.

I am super bummed over this. I already pay nearly $500 to take my family to Disneyland for 1 day. Have to pay very expensive food prices, pay for fastpasses for all at another $80 for 4 of us and now I can only use them to go on each ride once and if I really want to go on RTR or RSR I have to dish out another $40 to 80 per ride unless I want to spend half the day standing in lines with my Autistic 12 year old.

Interested to see how it all plays out but going to skip the park at this point.

Question for a WDW Pro - When you had FP+, let's say you pulled your 4 passes for a day, after you used the 4, could you pull a FP for a ride you had previously ridden if there was a FP available? We know you could in DLR.

Question for a WDW Pro - When you had FP+, let's say you pulled your 4 passes for a day, after you used the 4, could you pull a FP for a ride you had previously ridden if there was a FP available? We know you could in DLR.
Yes, pulled multiple FP sameday --after the initial FP, it essentially acted like MP.

Did the same trolling the app just like MP at DLR

The key was to punch through those first FPs early to get to the open FP portion - especially with Tier 1 restrictions. Those were the days!

Interesting! I read the MiceChat update, but I don't believe they had the specific rides for Disneyland outlined. It's not as bad as I was expecting based on the huge negative reaction to it. I'm honestly fine with it. :confused3

We have two trips coming up between late October and November. It's kind of like roulette waiting to see if it'll be up and running before one or both trips. The anticipation is kind of fun lol

I'm curious why Disneyland's Genie+ is delayed.

Does anyone else think it might launch with some changes from WDWs version? I feel like they know it won't be very popular here and are scrambling around behind the scenes trying to figure out a way to make it more palatable, particularly to passholders. It's gonna be a much harder sell here than at WDW.

I disagree. I don't think passholders (or I guess Magic Key holders) are a high-priority for Disney right now, sorry to say. There are a lot of people complaining about reservations going quickly and having to reserve weeks or even months in advanced for preferred dates. If they aren't going to make reservations passholder-friendly, I doubt they are going to take into consideration how passholders view Genie+/Lightning Lane.

MK reservations is going to be like it is for travelling - plan ahead or go with it last minute for the weekends. There's a lot of folk hoarding weekend dates and dropping them the same week of between Wed-Sat.

We're one of them. Rotating every other weekend reservations and release them if plans change for the weekend. This is the trouble with having 4-6 spots to flex for the locals.

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner!

As a family of 4 Dream Keys, we won't buy this until it's sold as a pass add on. And even then, the price needs to be right.
LOL - looks like there maybe some hope for the 2nd FP/LL issue:

Disney Genie to Debut at Walt Disney World Oct. 19 & We've Got ALL of the Details! (wdwinfo.com)

' Similar to Disneyland’s old Disney MaxPass, only one selection can be held at a time, with the exception being when a guest’s next selection time window is more than 120 minutes away. In that case, Disney Genie+ will allow a second selection to be held. '

I disagree. I don't think passholders (or I guess Magic Key holders) are a high-priority for Disney right now, sorry to say. There are a lot of people complaining about reservations going quickly and having to reserve weeks or even months in advanced for preferred dates. If they aren't going to make reservations passholder-friendly, I doubt they are going to take into consideration how passholders view Genie+/Lightning Lane.

And I disagree that MK holders aren't high priority. We went to the parks Saturday after scoring a last minute reservation when they opened up the calendar last week. It was PACKED, more crowded than I've seen it since the reopening. They did not NEED to release additional reservations, but they did, and lines for everything were crazy all day. We actually left after 4 hours because it was not enjoyable. Most of our time was spent waiting on mobile orders.

According to a GR CM I spoke to after waiting 20 minutes in line to obtain a DAS return time, they went to "80% capacity with less than 50% of staff" that day. She specifically mentioned a last minute decision by management to release more MK reservations following the complaints and news articles that surfaced the previous week. So it seems that regardless of what Disney spokespeople say officially, they KNOW the MK holders are not happy with the difficult in obtaining a park reservation and scrambled to fix that without regards to making sure they had adequate staffing levels. This CM said the situation is a "catch 22 for Disney. If they don't let in enough passholders, they complain about not being able to use their pass. If they let in too many, they complain about the crowds. They can't win either way."

I am super bummed over this. I already pay nearly $500 to take my family to Disneyland for 1 day. Have to pay very expensive food prices, pay for fastpasses for all at another $80 for 4 of us and now I can only use them to go on each ride once and if I really want to go on RTR or RSR I have to dish out another $40 to 80 per ride unless I want to spend half the day standing in lines with my Autistic 12 year old.

Interested to see how it all plays out but going to skip the park at this point.

Genie+ is coming with some new features to manage DAS passes which you should qualify for if you son is autistic and that then makes standing in long rides more challenging.

Yes, it said it would be $7 to $15 dollars- don't know if based on ride or crowds, etc. And you can only purchase 2 Lightning Lane Rides per day.

Thanks for the information....looks like it won't be up and running before our trip (2.5 weeks away).....or so I assume....and if they do the cost like they're doing at WDW, then Lightning Lane prices will vary based on day of the week, and crowd levels (as I recall).

Genie+ is coming with some new features to manage DAS passes which you should qualify for if you son is autistic and that then makes standing in long rides more challenging.
Is there any indication of the DAS process moving to the pre-visit arrival call before Genie+ launches at Disneyland? Was hopeful for this for our early November trip.

Is there any indication of the DAS process moving to the pre-visit arrival call before Genie+ launches at Disneyland? Was hopeful for this for our early November trip.
Nothing yet, even with the rollout for Genie+ at WDW they haven't announced a start date for DAS changes even just at WDW to coincide

Wondering if you have a reservation for a particular day, could you book your LL reservations from home and without entering the park.

For example, I am a MKH, I book my reservation for Friday, but I am not arriving at the parks until 4pm. Can I just schedule a bunch of LL passes for after 4pm from home?

Or do we have to scan into the park in order to make LL reservations? I believe at WDW you do not since you can start collecting LL at 7am.

Wondering if you have a reservation for a particular day, could you book your LL reservations from home and without entering the park.

For example, I am a MKH, I book my reservation for Friday, but I am not arriving at the parks until 4pm. Can I just schedule a bunch of LL passes for after 4pm from home?

Or do we have to scan into the park in order to make LL reservations? I believe at WDW you do not since you can start collecting LL at 7am.

At Disneyland, everyone must scan into the park in order to start making ride reservations. No advanced bookings.

I think we will know more when it launches on WDW...

But it should like a min DL roll out will be a few weeks out from WDW so I'm not counting on it before our mid Nov trip.

Yes, pulled multiple FP sameday --after the initial FP, it essentially acted like MP.

Did the same trolling the app just like MP at DLR

The key was to punch through those first FPs early to get to the open FP portion - especially with Tier 1 restrictions. Those were the days!
But there was a key difference between WDW FP+ and DLR MP. After you used your first three pre-booked FPs at WDW, you could only have one FP held at a time, period. You had to use it in order to book the next one, no matter how far out in time that FP was when you booked it. You could never stack FPs like you could with MP. This was a MAJOR drawback from my family when we would go to WDW rather than DLR. It was one driver of why we haven’t been to WDW in 3 years.

So I am very interested in this nuance about G+; is it going to be one “pass” only at a time, or can you stack? VERY big difference in value to me.

At Disneyland, everyone must scan into the park in order to start making ride reservations. No advanced bookings.
But this could change with G+, maybe? They did change ROTR BGs at DLR from having to be scanned into the park (remember those crazy mornings at the gates!) to being able to try for a BG from home/hotel/Dallas (in our case!), so maybe they will let you at least book your first “pass” from outside the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter