Obsessed with the DIS, resorts, and codes

Divamomto3

<font color=CC99FF>The Tag Fairy advises you to lo
:cool:
Is anyone else? I'm not going until Feb. 19th! I read these boards twice a day like a psycho! LOL

I'm booked at the Swan, but if any codes come out, I'm on to the Poly or the GF. I'm OBSESSED. I want to stay at ALL the resorts!

Am I alone? Do I need a 12 step program?

And I also can't BELIEVE all the years I spent thousands of dollars renting beach cottages because Disney wasn't a "relaxing" vacation and I had NO INTEREST in going there...I went for the first time in May with dh, and ds' now ages 11, 8, and 3. We had more fun than words can describe and I can't wait to go back again, and again, and again!

thanks DIS'ers for all the information and cheerleading!:jester:

You are not alone!!! I cannot get thru a day without thinking of Disney and trying to get a good code, and I'm not going until July!

I am an absolute freak when it comes to Disney. My husband does not share my enjoyment of it. Although he does go along on the trips and enjoys himself.

We went this past June and stayed off site at a beautiful 8 bedroom home and I hated it, I was just too far away. Not to mention my 3 kids got sick about 6 hours into a 15 hour car trip down and were completely miserable the whole entire trip. That really bummed me out. So we decided we were not going to go back to Disney until they were older. Well here I am booked into the YC for this July!! How crazy is that.

I am as obsessed as you, maybe more. I check the DIS about 8 times a day even when I go to school I always stop in the computer laband check the DIS.

My theory in going every year, as I have explained to my husband, it is the best place to go with young kids. There is so much to do and everything is family friendly!!

Count me in - I have been on the computer about 8 times today checking to see if there is anything new. I think it will take more that a 12 step program for me- probably 24.

Castleri...you are going in 13 days! That is so NOT FAIR!
Take a dip in Stormalong Bay for me!
Hey, I have a Ryan too! :O

I'm afraid there is no hope for any of us! LOL I just got back from Disney 2 weeks ago and I thought that would cure me, but I'm still addicted. The planning process is so much fun, isn't it? We just spent 3 nights at the Swan and loved it. Have a great trip. It'll be here before you know it! :)

How about we leave tomorrow morning, and here I sit...on DIS! I am on here about TEN times a day, between work and home. I have been obsessed with upgrades and discounts too.
We live an hour away, this will be our third time at Disney in 2 months and we are even cruising this time.
I am sure I will be back on within an hour of getting home, to see what has transpired while I was gone!

Guilty over here !

Wishing you a Tagged night
Mishell

I also need help.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago from our 2nd trip this year. I promised dbf I wouldn't start planning the next trip until the credit card was completely paid off. ....yeah right.
I'm already bugging him to plan for next year....and oh yeah and putting huge lumps of money to pay off the card....then he can't say no when I find the next code...lol

"What do you mean there are no new posts in the past 10 minutes???? Now what am I supposed to browse on the 'net?!"

Yeah... I need a twelve-hundred step program. Either that, or an ethernet plug directly to my brain. lol

Divamomto3.

I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking about posting a thread titled, "how many times a day do you check the boards?"

Glad to know I am not alone. I am on here all the time since I have made the decision to go back to Disney next May and June.

Originally posted by Purrrrfecta
Divamomto3.

I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking about posting a thread titled, "how many times a day do you check the boards?"

Glad to know I am not alone. I am on here all the time since I have made the decision to go back to Disney next May and June.

HALLELUJAH, company....
I don't remember how or why I came across the DIS. All I know now is that reading the posts is the closest thing to actually being at WDW and the more I read the more I remember about previous visits there and the more I want to plan and discuss and make lists and remember and re-live...I've become an episode of ....Twilight Zone... not a great life goal, except that I've learned enough to plan two vacations to WDW and one cruise...all starting at WDW in January....I just wish that I could remember where I stayed at the Boardwalk in 1995? 6? Alas, no DIS to frame the memories. It was so unmemorable without all the DIS preparation to give me the best hints on Spoodles and Jellyrolls.

I try to avoid the boards when I am not close to a trip or else, I get obsessed! Here I am at 4am not being able to sleep, thinking about Disney!

Count me in as another dis lover in need of an intervention. Yesterday two of my 2004 Disney guidebooks arrived in the mail and my husband was amazed that I had purchased them. He feels like with all of my time spent on the boards, I could have easily written them! ;)

*standing and raising hand* "I have been a Disney addicted person for more years than I can count. Sadly, this 12 step program has not helped me at all. The counselors have advised me that I cannot be cured and must live with my addiction for the rest of my life." :-)) )

Now, to add to my love of Disney is the DIS - I check in at least 3x times a day. Usually, though it can be more. I have "met" some wonderful people on the boards (particularly dreamflight's S/D thread - it has become my home away from home) and received some magical advise on making our stays even more magical.

Nice to know there are so many out there just like me! :)

originally written by mouseteacher

Now, to add to my love of Disney is the DIS - I check in at least 3x times a day. Usually, though it can be more.

Yes, and I must admit there are times during my planning period when I want to run to the computer and check the Dis Boards. Why worry about preparing lesson plans or attending team meetings!

My name is Mercy and I am a DIS addict. :D

I love these boards, they are as addicting as Disney itself!! I would agree with others, that planning my trips is half the fun and I thoroughly enjoy every miniute. I've already started planning for our Aug 04 trip, even though I can't wait to go, I am certainly enjoying all the planning, the decisions, and reading these boards!

To all who have replied so far:D
My sister told me I needed to post as she is to shy. It is nice to know we are not alone in our obsessiveness of WDW. Our trip is not until Aug 04 either, but my sister has been planning it for the last 5 years and I talked her into going with me last summer hoping it would calm her down some. Now here I am as anxious as she is to go again!
Thank you Dis Board members.
"Montana Minnies"
E&K :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congrats Tyler on changing from Transportation to being a Pop Century Cast Member!! That's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter