ObamaCare Info

ObamaCare ‘navigator’ in Kansas has outstanding arrest warrant

Oh this is just plain silly. As if anyone would actually hire such a person to work with people's personal information.
It must be a pack of lies.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/14/o...has-outstanding-arrest-warrant/#ixzz2hj5cMc9c

Nope, no problems whatsoever. It's all good.

The best line in that article:

“Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

And I don't trust much of what the president tells me either.

I'm sure you won't believe Investor's Business Daily either:
"The Obama administration granted a whopping $910 million to California to set up its insurance exchange. That money is not for bandages, surgery, nurses and doctors to care for the sick. ... Shockingly, the $910 million is slated for bureaucracy, including rich compensation packages for exchange employees." In fact, the executive director of the exchange in California will make $360,000 a year. The exchange money, this $910 million, is being used for computer equipment, public relations, and outreach. Of the 48 organizations that got grants, only a handful are health-care related." For example, Covered California announced $37 million in grants to 48 organizations to build public awareness about the opening of the health care exchange. The California NAACP got $600,000 of Obamacare money. Service Employees International Union, which says its mission is 'economic justice,' received two grants totaling $2 million to make phone calls, robo-calls and go door to door."

Does this information surprise anyone? It is a huge slush fund.

But it is a great program and everyone will be very happy with it once it gets going.:thumbsup2

Having a relative in cancer research for a major US hospital, I've been made aware that insisting on suppressing health care spending is likely to impact medical research as well.

An article in the Washington Post, by Ariana Eunjung Cha titled, “Americans win Nobel Prize in Medicine,” chronicles how three researchers have “’solved the mystery’ of how cells organize their transport systems with timing and precision.” This research is hoped to lead to future treatments for a wide range of diseases including diabetes, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, and immunological disorders.

In her article Cha writes,

"Schekman, whose first major grant was from the National Institutes of Health in 1978, said winning the Nobel Prize made him reflect on how his original proposal might have fared in today’s depressed funding climate. ‘It would have been much, much more difficult to get support,’ he said.

“Likewise, Rothman wondered: ‘Would I have been able to have the initiative, to take the risk? I really am very concerned I would not have been.’

“Südhof said that the funding situation in Washington ‘worries me tremendously.’

“’I do think there’s a danger that … the system will stop and we won’t progress at the rate that would benefit our nation,’ he said.”

The Obama Health Law’s blind insistence on limiting health care spending thus threatens both access to life-saving medical treatment now and innovative cures in the future. Anyone who has chronic diseases in their family should be concerned about future cures and treatments as well as things like "getting free birth control".

Oh for goodness sake! Ms. Cha's article says nothing about Obamacare! It talks about the loss of NIH funding :headache:.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--food-stamp-glitch-leads-to-wal-mart-stampede

Besides the EBT story, as I posted earlier, Macafee said the obamacare set up is ripe for identity theft.

The EBT thing is another matter entirely, and can be laid largely at the feet of the media... They're the ones reporting that food stamps "could be" affected by the shutdown even though nothing of the sort will happen unless we also hit the debt ceiling/default. So many recipients have been worrying needlessly since this started, and then a minor technical glitch got blown WAY out of proportion.

Oh for goodness sake! Ms. Cha's article says nothing about Obamacare! It talks about the loss of NIH funding :headache:.

And that loss of funding comes from the same mindset that opposes Obamacare - namely that private industry does everything better than government, and therefore government should do as little as possible. Without NIH funding a lot of promising research ideas that don't have much profit potential will most likely go unexplored. After all, the company making billions on treating chronic illnesses isn't likely to have a great deal of interest in curing those illnesses.

It talks about the loss of NIH funding

Contrary to popular opinion, with less and less of the population working and paying taxes, there is a finite amount of funding available. Personally I'd rather see my tax dollars going to cancer or Alzheimer's research and not to the California NAACP getting $600,000 of Obamacare money or the executive director of the exchange in California who will make $360,000 a year (and that's only ONE state's pork).

The EBT thing is another matter entirely, and can be laid largely at the feet of the media... They're the ones reporting that food stamps "could be" affected by the shutdown even though nothing of the sort will happen unless we also hit the debt ceiling/default. So many recipients have been worrying needlessly since this started, and then a minor technical glitch got blown WAY out of proportion.

And that loss of funding comes from the same mindset that opposes Obamacare - namely that private industry does everything better than government, and therefore government should do as little as possible. Without NIH funding a lot of promising research ideas that don't have much profit potential will most likely go unexplored. After all, the company making billions on treating chronic illnesses isn't likely to have a great deal of interest in curing those illnesses.

The article was not about EBT funding but about the network going offline down people taking advantage. People are worried about obamacare being hacked. Goes back to the gov't being as good with IT as Disney.:crazy2:

leahjade said:
Who said it was? It seems to happen a lot more with the government - I've heard way too many incompetent IRS stories to know I don't want them in charge of my healthcare.

I have a idea - let's let all those who voted for this trillion dollar debacle get Obamacare and let the other half of us who voted against it keep our old insurance, and we'll talk about it in a year (that is if you get signed up till then) and we can compare stories. But why should THE 53% disapprove of the health care law(USA Today) have it rammed down our throats just to be politically correct.

What are there armed bands of GI men running around the country with automatic weapons forcing people to sign up. Is some one being held hostage over the computer, being tortured into going on the website.
Heres the thing leah, you can keep whatever insurance you have now. So if you have insurance simply keep it.
I'm keeping the same exact insurance I had last year. So who's ramming any thing down your throat?

I'm training at my company's human resource department and in fact if anyone wants to participate in the ACA they have to send in a notorized letter requesting the change from company policy.

So here's the solution. don't want to participate in the ACA don't sign up.

Now the few people I know who signed up, could not get insurance before and haven't had it for about 15 years so I'm thinking the last thing they are worried about is anyone's IT department.

What are there armed bands of GI men running around the country with automatic weapons forcing people to sign up. Is some one being held hostage over the computer, being tortured into going on the website.
Heres the thing leah, you can keep whatever insurance you have now. So if you have insurance simply keep it.
I'm keeping the same exact insurance I had last year. So who's ramming any thing down your throat?

I'm training at my company's human resource department and in fact if anyone wants to participate in the ACA they have to send in a notorized letter requesting the change from company policy.

So here's the solution. don't want to participate in the ACA don't sign up.

Now the few people I know who signed up, could not get insurance before and haven't had it for about 15 years so I'm thinking the last thing they are worried about is anyone's IT department.

You must be one of the lucky ones then. I am in the individual market place. My employer does not pay any of my health insurance premiums. The ACA is being rammed down my throat. I've told my story on here before.

To your "you can keep your insurance if you want", you may be able to but I can't. My plan is ceasing to exist Dec 1, 2014, and reading this thread, I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. The premium on my early renewal goes from $179 to $182. Come December, the premium on the closest ACA compliant policy is $468. The absolute cheapest insurance plan I've found so far outside the public exchanges is $290. It has a $5,500 deductible instead of the $2,500 deductible I have now.

So, the question for me is not IF I join Obamacare but WHEN. Unless I decided to either just pay the penalty or take advantage of one of the loopholes written into the law. At my income I do qualify for subsidies. With subsidies, I'm guessing that I would need to pay about $250 and my fellow tax payers can chip in the rest. Or, if I drop my income a little bit more, I can qualify for bigger deducible and copayment subsidies. So, I might be able to get a policy with lower deductibles and out of pocket maxes for a lower premium for me.

But, even at that the plan might now be as good as I have now. In my country there are three insurance companies in the public exchange offering a variety of plans. The "cheapest" Paramount, is a HMO option (I currently have a PPO) and they haven't released the Doctor and hospital network yet. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield is the next cheapest for silver plans and offer a wide variety of plans. But they've decided that all new individual plans both on and off the public exchange will use a new "select network" . In this "new network", the closest in network hospital is a 45 minute drive away, and there are currently only 3 primary care physicians in the county in network. The third one Medical Mutual, who I happen to have now, has at least for 2014 decided to offer exchange plans with their full network of Dr. and Hospitals. But as far as I can tell, it's a good $40 a month more expensive than the other 2.

So, just because YOU haven't been directly affected by the ACA doesn't mean that there aren't millions of people who are.

Now the few people I know who signed up, could not get insurance before and haven't had it for about 15 years

....... which is why the ACA will never succeed.

Only the people who were previously uninsurable will actually jump through the hoops to sign up. Give this thing a year. It's going to be REALLY ugly. It's known in the insurance industry as a "death spiral". If the prices are too high, only those who really need the insurance will participate, and the prices can do nothing but spiral out of control.

I used to think the people who devised this plan were just idiots. Now I believe they are crazy like a bunch of crooked foxes. They are starting us on a well-disguised road to the single payer plan they have salivated over for decades.

Doesn't make it NOT true! Here's local news story -almost exact word for word!
http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

Oh and that can never happen - it's a government run program that should be monitored by the government. You can bet VISA wouldn't let that happen or any other private run company.

Keep kidding yourselves all you want - talk to you in a few months and see if you are still so naive and drinking the Kool Aid.

I'm not a giant fan (although i keep my fingers crossed that in the end years from now that perhaps this might bend the curve a little lower...)

But this is silly- my companies webhost is one of the top 10 in the US and they did the exact same thing a few years back. Seems the move with data centers is that they "pull the plug" one a month or so and see if the emergency generator starts and works properly. The vendor i use dropped out a huge portion of the internet commerce websites for several hours when their generator failed during the test and they had to reboot everything from scratch.

the only difference is my vendor did it in the middle of the night saturday instead of the middle of the day saturday.

There's incompetent people everywhere in all jobs public or private.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter