Oasis dining / show times questions WWYD?

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi guys,
We have only sailed DCL where it's pretty clear on the whole MDR times and show times. you eat earlier, show late or VV.

We are now booked on the June 13th Oasis from rome 7 night. I just now realized we have early dining ugh... and later is not available.

I have tried to find compasses online to learn more about show times.. I am finding limited infos.

I am a bit peeved.. as 1. IMO early dining on a med cruise scks!! we have late port times and also it will get dark later so 6pm will seem like lunch time. 2. I cannot try and plan as with DCL.

so WWYD? try and switch to My Time? I have heard mainly bad things about this.. Also from my understanding one still makes a reservation ahead of time? How does this work? does this open 90 days per my online reservation account? and is this like trying to get an ADR at WDW, one has to set the alarm to grab say a great time like 7:30 ( and is this during a show?)

I wonder if i am overthinking this.. DCL was easy as things are regimented.

Also many comments on dining are based on Caribbean sailings.. aRe there any things specific to Med sailings?

I would ask over on Cruise Critic (about the feasibility of changing times once on board as well as specifics about My Time). There are many Royal experts there. We have only done Specialty restaurants or the Windjammer for dinner. Our Baltic cruise was so port intensive and we wanted to spend as much time in port as possible so we ate in the Windjammer every night on that cruise.

I think the shows are later on the European cruises than on the Caribbean cruises. You can check the recent Symphony Cruise Compasses to get an idea - https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1167. It looks like you should be able to eat dinner at 7:00-7:30 and make a show.

I have heard good things about My Time Dining LOL. You don't HAVE to make reservations, you can just show up, but you MAY have to wait a few minutes for a table. I don't know much else but like KAshasMom said, you can always eat in Windjammer if you want to stay in ports later :) sounds like a fun cruise!!

I have had My Time Dining on several of our cruises on different ships. I make reservations for every night ahead of time (before the cruise) on the Cruise Planner online. Once on board if we decide to eat somewhere else, I cancel my reservation for that night either online, on the TV, or in person at the dining room. It is very easy to do and makes things very flexible. The complaints many people make are those that made no reservations, then show up at a very popular dining time and are upset because they may have to wait.
Denise

We did My Time Dining on our Oasis Caribbean cruise last year and thought it was great. We did make reservations for times that worked best for us based on our port plans and shows, usually around 7pm (ish). If we had walked up without a reservation, we never saw the standby line very long. I don't think the wait would have been bad. We didn't eat in the main dining room every night - we did do 3 specialty restaurants and the Windjammer once. We would definitely do it again on a future Royal cruise.

Do you intend to eat in the MDR every night of the cruise? If your port times are long and there are many ports, perhaps you'll be dining in port instead of on-board the ship sometimes. Personally, if it were me, dinner in the MDR would be lower on my priority list. I'd rather make my port and show plans and fit in dinner where/when I can - if MDR works out, cool. If I have to eat at Windjammer or make a reservation for a specialty restaurant because of my other plans, fine.

I've had MTD on my last 3 cruises including last week on Allure. I never had a problem. Last week week we just showed up most nights with no wait. I did make advance reservation for the 2 formal nights. I was able to call and change the times right before dinner.

I would check our https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/ for recent Cruise Compasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!