Nutrisystem

I was on Nutrisystem for several months and lost weight and gained energy. The reason I quit is that food is sent from their Nevada distribution center which never sent what you ordered. They always seemed to be out of items. I would have to call the 1-800 number and they would send me the stuff I wanted in the first place. Once I got 25 orders of the nasty chicken breast. Most of the food is good. I just didn't like the chicken products. People from the Midwest to the East coast never had issues since they got their products from another center.

Thanks! Most of the items look so good. Is there a lot of prep for these meals? They look like a glorified Microwave meal.

My employer was on Nutrisystem for a while. She said the food that she selected was tasty, but they were/are glorified microwave meals (they come in boxes just like WW SmartOnes or Lean Cuisine). You are supposed to supplement their meals with salads & stuff (I don't know all of the details). It is really about portion control.

As soon as she stopped Nutrisystem, she gained all of her weight abck because she never learned how to eat properly - she just popped meals in the microwave and ate.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

i lost 40 pounds on nutrisystem. i think it is a great program, i am a true believer in the glycemic index. they send you bears for every 10 pounds you lose.
you can get it cheaper sometimes on qvc. i have also gotten things on ebay, just be careful about expiration dates if you get it on there. i think you learn how to eat on your own with weekends off. you pretty much eat a protein/dairy fruit or vegetable and a healthy carb with every meal. it is learning to balance things out too.

also on their website there used to be forty clicks, you click on the site every day and after forty you got a coupon. the food isnt bad. things always taste good when you are on a diet, lol. but you can use your own food too.

Didn't work for me- well, maybe if I wanted a colon cleansing system. :rolleyes1

Just putting that out there because I ended up with over 1/2 a shipment of food I couldn't use and was upset when I google it and saw some people have the same reaction. I wished I had know it was possible before I bought the food.

I'd like to second purchasing the system from QVC. They send you a nice variety.

I HATED IT!! Could not stand the food. But I was able to send it back to QVC and get my money back.

I prefer Jenny Craig, but everyone has their own tastes.

Good Luck!

Why pay all the money for a program that is portioned for you? When you quit the weight will come back as you haven't learned how to measure and count calories yourself. I have done Weight Watcher. I started July 5th and have lost 11 pounds which is going on the recommended rate of loss. I have been reading books called (this is the most recent one) Eat this not that : The best (and worst) foods: the no diet weight loss solution. They are by David Zinczenko. See if your library has any (he has 3 books). They are wonderful and talk about how foods have changed (chicken has 200+% more fat than in the 70's because of how they are caged and not free roaming). It tells what to order when going out...the fat/salt/sugar content of foods, etc.

I have been eating following his recommendations and counting WW points. I don't go to the WW meetings...following guidelines from when I went a few years back.

I wouldn't pay for prepackaged food and know people who have gained all lost when they quit the eating. We all underestimate how much we eat in portion and calories. It is something you need to learn which is what I am doing. What will you learn by spending hundreds a month on prepackaged food when you decide you can't afford it or all the weight is gone...are you prepared to pay forever?

Just my opinion...do what you want and good luck.

Check out ediets.com. They have several different plans to choose from. They will plan out your whole week for you, prepare a shopping list, and then give you recipes for all your meals. The recipes are for 1 full meal, so no need to try and portion out how much you are supposed to eat. The guesswork is taken out of it, no need to count calories or points. But since you are cooking your own meals you learn portion control.

I certainly hope Nutrisystem has changed their food. Several years ago (10+) I had a few friends who had to quit because of gall stone problems caused by the food.

Didn't work for me- well, maybe if I wanted a colon cleansing system. :rolleyes1

Just putting that out there because I ended up with over 1/2 a shipment of food I couldn't use and was upset when I google it and saw some people have the same reaction. I wished I had know it was possible before I bought the food.

...and WOW, the gas was mind-blowing (pun intended) :rolleyes1 I live in the midwest and I was never sent the items I requested. That coupled with the nasty, expensive food was way more than anyone should tolerate to lose weight IMO. You can do it better, easier, and less expensively on your own.

I have been on the program since March. I'm down 42 pound and feel great. Send me a private message and I can get you a $10.00 dollar discount code if you are interested in trying Nutrisystem.

If I were you, I'd get a few things on ebay before joining with the whole 5 weeks of food. I ended up selling mine because I just couldn't stand the taste. Maybe it was the ones I tried, but to me, it tasted like everything had vinegar on it. Blech!!!

Thank you all so much for your input. The "Nays" out weigh the "Yays". Thanks again for all the kind encouraging words. Back to no Coke-Cola or Bread! :sad2:

Another vote for Weight Watchers. I've lost 28 pounds since June 1 (this is because I have a lot to lose), and I'm never hungry. I'm learning to eat the right things in the right portions.

I've also joined Curves and love that.

As soon as she stopped Nutrisystem, she gained all of her weight abck because she never learned how to eat properly - she just popped meals in the microwave and ate.

This happened to three coworkers of mine. Two are nurses and one was a aide. They all three went on Nutrisystems together and talked about how great it was (except one of them had diarrhea all the time:rotfl:). I decided that if it worked and if they could keep their weight off for at least 6 months after they got off of it, then I'd try it. All three lost weight, but all three also gained all the weight and then some back.

Im taking Allie and I love it. I have been on the Allie pill for 12 days and have lost 8 pounds and Im never hungry because you actually have to eat certian number of fat grams a day for the pill to work.

Just wanted to chime in. My brother and sis in law tried it. Both lost initially and gained + back. They also didn't really like the food. They had a ton left in the pantry.

It's tempting I know. I would love sometimes not to think about what I'm eating.

I lost 40 pounds in 8 months back in 2002-2003 and I've never looked back. I work out 4-5 days a week and eat well most of the time. I allow one day of not thinking about it [a cheat day].

Good luck.

Trish

This happened to three coworkers of mine. Two are nurses and one was a aide. They all three went on Nutrisystems together and talked about how great it was (except one of them had diarrhea all the time:rotfl:). I decided that if it worked and if they could keep their weight off for at least 6 months after they got off of it, then I'd try it. All three lost weight, but all three also gained all the weight and then some back. I saw an article not too long ago that Kirsty Allen had gained all her weight back also, but still recommended the program.

Kristi Alley lost her weight on Jenny Craig NOT Nutrisystem. Also with any diet/weightloss program if you go back to the eating habits you had prior to losing the weight you will gain the weight back......it's not just something that happens to those who try Nutrisystem.

People from the Midwest to the East coast never had issues since they got their products from another center.

Never? Really? I always received replacements. I would get a ton of those nasty blueberry muffins instead of the lemon blueberry bar.

Thanks! Most of the items look so good. Is there a lot of prep for these meals? They look like a glorified Microwave meal.

Do you have a Big Lots? They have a lot of Nutrisystem products now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!