Nutrisystem?

Mellie2162

<font color="blue">It means that a friend is watch
My DH wants to try this. Can anyone whose doing it give me thoughts on it, pros, cons. Where is the cheapest place to buy it. I see QVC has a 4 week plan for 272. Has anyone bought from them?

DH and I tried this from QVC...and sent it back! A few things were decent, but a lot of the food was revolting (in our opinion).

If you have Big Lots near you, they're selling individual Nutrisystem items right now. I'd strongly suggest trying a few items and seeing how you like it if possible.

DH and I tried this from QVC...and sent it back! A few things were decent, but a lot of the food was revolting (in our opinion).

If you have Big Lots near you, they're selling individual Nutrisystem items right now. I'd strongly suggest trying a few items and seeing how you like it if possible.

Thanks we dont have one close by but there is one in driving distance so maybe we will swing down there this weekend and see what they have. Thanks for the tip.

No experience, but I would also try a few before ordering a ton - I've known a couple people who've tried it and they really hated almost all the food.

Thanks we dont have one close by but there is one in driving distance so maybe we will swing down there this weekend and see what they have. Thanks for the tip.

You might want to call first if it's a long drive. Their merchandise varies by location and I'd hate for you to waste the gas if they don't have it.

My son ordered a month's worth this winter. he only lasted two weeks. I have eaten some of the snacks and soups - some things though I had to throw away - they were disgusting. I have not tried some of the other square packages (dinner and lunch). I remember they did not look great, but I will try them before tossing them out. Clost to $300 - I wish he had given me the money and I would have prepared better tasting meals - but do they listen?

I've tried it. It's not horrible, but it's also not great. Also? You don't JUST eat their meals. You've got to add in a LOT of other food too. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I had no idea. The food you get from them is MAYBE half of what you eat in a day.

A lot of what they advertise on tv is never in stock from NS themselves...the pizza and the burgers specifically.

I didn't know you could get stuff at Big Lots. You can get stuff off Ebay. You'll need to find their eating plan somewhere, though. If I still had the info, I'd tell you. It did work, but it was SOOO boring to eat. Good luck!

With QVC you could always return the product within 30 days, no matter what you have eaten out of it. Of course, you would be out the shipping and handling, but you would probably test that much before you sent it back if you didn't like it. Good Luck to you!

I have a coworker who used the system for quite a while. He and his wife didn't complain about the Nutrisystem foods are all, but did complain about the cost of adding veggies and other stuff to round out the meals. He lost a lot of wieght on the program. He also learned to dislike things that were fatty and sugary by doing it.

I've wanted to try the same thing, but my girlfriend was on it last year, and I thought the food she would bring was gross.

What I have been trying instead is using prepared foods you can buy and figuring the Weight Wtacher points, and making my own "prepackaged meals".

So, I have bought different frozen meals (Healthy Choice, WW, Lean Cuisine), as well as prepackaged food from Trader Joes (primarily their fresh salads, soups, precut veggies and so on) and shelf stable items like 100 calorie packs, South beach diet bars, puddings, 100 calorie popcorn packs, and so on.

I figured the WW points for the items, and basically made a "plan", with 2 frozen meals/salads for main meals, 2-3 snacks and then breakfast food (usually yogurt, fruit, Starbucks latte, etc). I added fresh food like fruit, milk and veggies, just like you have to do on Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig.

Pricewise, it is about the same or cheaper, because I bought on sale. On average, about $5 per 2 frozen meals, and about .50 per snack item, makes it about $6.50 per day, or about $45 per week. Obviously, there is some variance, based on what you eat.

I have been "off the wagon" so to speak, because work has been so busy and I haven't cared too much. But I am jumping back in this weekend.

But this may work for someone

julia

I started Nutrisystem about a month ago. The price isn't really an issue for me, as I earn money online to pay for my meals. My bank account doesn't even take a dent.

I've wanted to try the same thing, but my girlfriend was on it last year, and I thought the food she would bring was gross.

What I have been trying instead is using prepared foods you can buy and figuring the Weight Wtacher points, and making my own "prepackaged meals".

So, I have bought different frozen meals (Healthy Choice, WW, Lean Cuisine), as well as prepackaged food from Trader Joes (primarily their fresh salads, soups, precut veggies and so on) and shelf stable items like 100 calorie packs, South beach diet bars, puddings, 100 calorie popcorn packs, and so on.

I figured the WW points for the items, and basically made a "plan", with 2 frozen meals/salads for main meals, 2-3 snacks and then breakfast food (usually yogurt, fruit, Starbucks latte, etc). I added fresh food like fruit, milk and veggies, just like you have to do on Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig.

Pricewise, it is about the same or cheaper, because I bought on sale. On average, about $5 per 2 frozen meals, and about .50 per snack item, makes it about $6.50 per day, or about $45 per week. Obviously, there is some variance, based on what you eat.

I have been "off the wagon" so to speak, because work has been so busy and I haven't cared too much. But I am jumping back in this weekend.

But this may work for someone

julia

I definitely think that this can work! I did it myself for a couple of weeks, but I just didn't have it in me to keep up with the planning. :blush: I did lose 5 lbs. (wanted to lose 15) though. I really want to lose the other 10 and it is now almost June. Sigh... I'm thinking about signing up for Jenny Craig. :confused3

I've tried it. It's not horrible, but it's also not great. Also? You don't JUST eat their meals. You've got to add in a LOT of other food too. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I had no idea. The food you get from them is MAYBE half of what you eat in a day.

I'll second this. For the amount I was paying for Nutrisystem, I had no idea that I was to supplement my meals with "real" food.

Over half of my breakfasts that were sent were packages of apple and cinnamon oatmeal that they were charging me something like $1.25 per pack. Exact same nutritional information on their pack of oatmeal as the brand I get from my grocer, and I can get a whole box (with 8 to 10 packs) for about $1.50. So NS was a waste of money for lousy food.

I did it last summer before I got pregnant. I lost about 20 lbs and went from my size 12's getting too tight to buying 8's or 6's depending on cut and mediums instead of larges/XL.

The food wasn't fabulous, but most things weren't horrible either. There were a few things I absolutely hated (the ham for lunches). Most things weren't bad.

The biggest thing it teaches you is portion control, and to really eat those fruits and veggies you are supposed to eat.

It is expensive, but I've see it work for me, my one friend who is the reason I started it lost 50 lbs and has kept it off for the better part of a year (went from a 16 toa 4!!). Her sister used it to loose the last 10 lbs of baby weight. Another girlfriend used it before her husband came home from Iraq and lost 14 lbs. She quit because she's now pregnant tho.

My DH lost 10 lbs last summer just eating better/smaller portions. I didn't buy him the food. He works on an Army post and it's a long drive to Main Post to get fast food, which is bad for you, gets expensive, and there is always a long line. So, he takes his lunch. I would just go thru one day and make several different dinners and freeze individual portions for him. Then he had lots to choose from and he'd take one for lunch, then take one out of the freezer at supper time. He would also eat the veggies,fruit or salad that I would have along with it.

He worried at first that I would be hungry until we saw how much extra stuff you add in. A serving of veggies is a half cup cooked or a whole cup of raw. Add in fruit or salad with the entre and that's a lot of food!!

I've tried NS twice in the last 2 years.. both times in the fall. My problem was that I LOVED the food, but we (just DH and I) were eating out too much for it to work for me... plus I travel a lot with work and it's hard to manage when you're traveling. Seems like the more "times" they re-do the food, the better it gets... they were just re-vamping the food the last order I received (Nov, Dec) and everything in that order was GREAT... An idea to try-- look on E-bay.. I know I had about a 30 day supply of food to get rid of when I got off of it the last time and that's what I did.. sold it in 2 week lots for people to try NS foods. It's trial and error in the beginning to figure out what you like and don't like. And you have to realize, you're going to spend about $300 a month on their food, plus you still have to buy groceries to suppliment that food (x amount of fruit, veggies, dairy each day) which is another big reason I didn't stick with it.. hated thinking about weather or not I'd eaten all my add ons:scared: I never seemed to loose weight with it.. most I lost was 6lbs and that was when I was sticking with it 100% for 4 months.. but a LOT of people loose with it. I've lost more with South Beach Diet,, that seems to be what my body responds to, so that's what I'll stick with:yay:

Nutrisystem's food is HORRIBLE! :sick: I don't know how anyone can eat this and now I know that if they are on the commercial for losing weight, it's only because they couldn't eat that stuff either and starved! ;)
But on a positive note, I got the 1 week free so I sent back the rest of the stuff and they gave me a full refund! It was only $15 to ship it back so that's the only loss to it and NOW I know to never do that again! ;)

I Hated Nutri System:scared1: and sent back the order to QVC. It all had the same nasty taste.
I LOVE Jenny Craig and have lost 23.4 pounds as of today!! Of course there are a few foods I don't like, but most of the Jenny Craig food is really good. It is not the cheapest program, but it works for me.
It averaged about $115 Per week before I earned a discount. Once you've been on the program for 10 weeks, you get a 10% discount....20 weeks, a 20% discount and 30 weeks a 30% discount.
I'm at the 20% right now and it averages about $90 per week.
I've substituted some of their snacks for the 100 calorie packs, use bottled calorie free dressing and am eating a few of my own meals.
BUT IT WORKS FOR ME!!
Good Luck!!
semo233

I did Nutrisystem in 2005 and lost 65 pounds in 6.5 months. I also participated in a Nutrisystem photo shoot and they have used my pictures during their QVC segments, in print ads and on their website (under the Success stories section for 60-69 pound weight loss). Unlike the other poster's assumption, I did not starve myself to get to participate in the photo shoot. I found which NS foods I liked and made sure to order a lot of those each month. While it is cheaper to order from QVC, you don't get to choose the foods they send. If you order through NS, you do get to choose your entrees. Here are my before and after pics -- one of my after pictures is in my signature:

Before - 200 pounds (5'5")
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

After - 135 pounds (from the NS photoshoot - July 2006)

Capture_00032.jpg

Capture_00002.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter