Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

I am hoping, actually counting on, Free Dining when we go in October. But I wish they would give us a date for the Race for the Taste!!

And I want to know where you guys will be staying!! :)

PLEEEEEAAASSEEEE....

lol

Happy New Year, TK!!

I think I'm the last to everyone's party...another TK trip...I can't wait to hear more about it YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Jen, I am last.;) TK I am really looking forward to this trip report. I am glad that I did find it early on and I will stick with it to the end this time.

No Jen, I am last.;) TK I am really looking forward to this trip report. I am glad that I did find it early on and I will stick with it to the end this time.

:welcome:

Happy to have you here! I hope you enjoy it. :goodvibes

pixiedust: Just dropping by to wish the Tarzanskat family a healthy, happy, and magical New Year.

So obviously we had to pick a resort, right?

Oh, we had to pick a resort.

And conscience won out. That and a lot of other things. There are so many, many things that went into the decision to pick what we picked. Even though there are other places I would love to have stayed, I needed to keep in mind everyone's budget. Not just mine.

Because quite frankly, if this were just about me, DH, and DS, I'd probably find a way to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. :lmao: Honestly, I have a newfound love for that resort. I think it's going to become our "pirate's life for three" resort. As in, the place that we stay when we're not taking the whole extended clan. Although you never know. There are other places I'd love to try.

Like the Caribbean Beach. Oh, how I LOVED that resort in September.

Oh, how quickly my DH veteod it based on the bus system alone.

Inwardly, I wept a little. That's my inner princess:. I do have one of those you know. Fairly repressed by the pirate:, but still in there. :lmao:

So that pretty much leaves one other option, my friends.

It's really our home away from home. Our bright, in your face, you can never forget you're at Disney World home away from home.

The one were DS has SO much fun. Where I feel a little bit younger myself. Where there's an amazing sort of energy about the place that you can't put your finger on, but is always there.

It's Disney magic, people. And it lives in the Pop Century Resort.

It's the resort of the amazing refillable slushie coke. The fantastically varied and never disappointing food court. The resort of three pools of your choosing, and fantastic wading area for the kiddos with flowers that pour ice cold (oh yeah that was fun) water on you when you pull the appropriate chain. The resort that is so colorful it almost makes my eyes hurt.

But mostly, it just makes me smile.

That's my Pop Century Resort. It's our family resort. And it's where we're staying.

Mostly for all the reasons I listed, but one significant other point as well.

Let's not pretend that I didn't price out a variety of options when I booked this bounceback. Let's not pretend that I didn't price out the Contemporary, which I'm dying to stay in since the room renovations.

But when I heard that price, my friends, my wallet cried.

Really, really cried, and it was so sad and pitiful, I had to consider its plight. The Pop Century is really the resort that everyone can afford.

Could I easily blow more money on a deluxe hotel? Oh, sure.

Pirate. pirate:

But is that the best choice for this year? :sad2: :sad1:

So, I did the reasonable thing. The responsible thing. Dang as yet unspeakable birthday, making me reasonable and responsible when I'd like to be frivilous and foolhardy. ;)

I went ahead and booked a room for the TK clan, and then, due to the grace and fortitude of my lovely, lovely reservations CM, I was able to book a room for my FIL as well. For 6 glorious days. Of free dining. During Food and Wine Festival. :cloud9: (For those of you who were wondering, Mom and Nana were able to book their room when they went this past October.) I definitely thought about it, and I definitely questioned myself. A lot.

But you know what? It was the right thing.

Not to say that I haven't had my moments of doubt, because I have. Thinking about waiting in the hot sun for the Pop Century busses (albeit I've never had too long of a wait truthfully) makes me want to cringe. Having been spoiled by being so close to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot on my past two trips, I shudder to think of the transportation issues we could have. So much so, that I actually had a nightmare about this.

Oh, yes. Because most of my sleepless nights are not caused by something reasonable like whether or not my co-workers will ever stop being so catty (okay, sometimes that's it), but mostly by whether or not we'll have a hard time with transportation at the Pop Century in Sept / Oct.

And whether or not I'll meet Jack Sparrow. Since that dream is sadly, unrequited. And I've dreamt of it twice in the past couple of weeks. In great detail.

Ahem.

Getting back on track, staying at Pop is the right thing to do.

And one of the reasons I know this?

When we got home, I made a little trip budget. I'll probably do a separate post about that in greater detail for you. But suffice it to say, I made the budget and looked at the whole, and thought, you know what, that's enough. That's enough to spend on vacation this year, when we have so many other things going on, and the possibility of needing a new car looming on the horizon.

And in the three short (almost four now) months since we returned from our September trip, I've almost hit that budget. Completely.

As in, shy of a few hundred dollars, the money for this trip is completely set aside in my happy little vacation savings.

Without even having tapped into a tax return. It's all extra money, from my job and from DH's weekend job.

And there's nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing three things:

1. That your Disney trip is paid for.
2. That your Disney trip is affordable.
3. That you won't feel any guilt about your Disney trip.

Very un-pirate-like, I may say.

But feels good, nevertheless.

And that in and of itself, is QUITE pirate. pirate:

And there's nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing three things:

1. That your Disney trip is paid for.
2. That your Disney trip is affordable.
3. That you won't feel any guilt about your Disney trip.

Amen to that!

I don't think POP transportation will be that bad. Maybe just a Friday or Saturday night coming back from MK. The nice things are one bus stop and not sharing buses with other resorts.

Amen to that!

:thumbsup2

I don't think POP transportation will be that bad. Maybe just a Friday or Saturday night coming back from MK. The nice things are one bus stop and not sharing buses with other resorts.

Thanks for bringing up the positive! I totally forgot that Pop busses are exclusive, that's true. That will be nice, not having to share. And I know it may be a bit busy because of free dining, but going from a Tuesday to Sunday, I think we'll only really see it toward the end of the trip, and that's fine.

Hurray for Pop Century! And hurray for it being almost all paid for! :banana:

Makes me want to just go take a gander at the available prices...because guilt-free is pretty huge. ;)

I have Disney dreams all the time -- last night's was about May hours finally being posted.

Hurray for Pop Century! And hurray for it being almost all paid for! :banana:

:goodvibes It is a really good feeling.

Makes me want to just go take a gander at the available prices...because guilt-free is pretty huge. ;)

Oh, no! You ARE staying at the Beach Club.

::: picture TK doing the Jedi hand wave:::

Because I am SO vicariously living through you. :thumbsup2

I have Disney dreams all the time -- last night's was about May hours finally being posted.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. So they still haven't released May hours? Wow.

:goodvibes It is a really good feeling.

Oh, no! You ARE staying at the Beach Club.

::: picture TK doing the Jedi hand wave:::

Because I am SO vicariously living through you. :thumbsup2

Glad to know I'm not the only one. So they still haven't released May hours? Wow.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: about the Jedi hand wave.

I want a drink from Hurricane Hannah's while watching the kids play at Stormalong Bay, so hopefully nothing catastrophic will happen and we will get to stay there. I always get nervous about something happening to prevent the trip.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: about the Jedi hand wave.

Well, episdoe 3 is on right now. I think it's on Spike.

I want a drink from Hurricane Hannah's while watching the kids play at Stormalong Bay, so hopefully nothing catastrophic will happen and we will get to stay there. I always get nervous about something happening to prevent the trip.

Oh, that sounds divine! And I know what you mean. In this economy, it's hard not to worry. But I think 2009 will be a great year! Stay CP positive! :thumbsup2

And another update over here! You spoil me... and make me late for work. ;)

So Pop Century it is! Hurrah! You guys are going to have such a fun time! You know, I was not overly enamored with Pop when I was there last month... but hearing you talk about it, it's like seeing it through new eyes. There is definitely a lot to appreciate there and boy do the kids really seem to have fun there! Even big kids. ;)

And congratulations for having it almost paid for. :worship: That is awesome. Good for you!!! :thumbsup2

And another update over here! You spoil me... and make me late for work. ;)

Oh, hon. If you could only know how many times I was late for work because of the DIS. :lmao:

So Pop Century it is! Hurrah! You guys are going to have such a fun time! You know, I was not overly enamored with Pop when I was there last month... but hearing you talk about it, it's like seeing it through new eyes. There is definitely a lot to appreciate there and boy do the kids really seem to have fun there! Even big kids. ;)

Honestly, it's such a family place to us, you know? I mean, would Mom and Nana and I rather be at a deluxe? Oh sure! But the budget just doesn't always allow for that. And free dining at a value is SUCH a great deal. And Pop is my favorite value. Absolute favorite. So it's really a match made in Disney heaven. (For us big kids, too.) ;)

And congratulations for having it almost paid for. :worship: That is awesome. Good for you!!! :thumbsup2

It really feels good. There are a lot of other things we'd like to accomplish financially this year, and although I'd love to do a big blow out celebration because it's a milestone birthday, I'm content with what we have.

Plus, I got to stay at WL and YC last year. That was pretty special. :goodvibes

There are a lot of other things we'd like to accomplish financially this year, and although I'd love to do a big blow out celebration because it's a milestone birthday, I'm content with what we have.
:goodvibes

There are so many things that you could plan at Disney to help celebrate in a special way that the resort doesn't really matter......

....rent a boat on Bay Lake
.....have a special meal (or tea)
.....go to the spa

There are so many things that you could plan at Disney to help celebrate in a special way that the resort doesn't really matter......

....rent a boat on Bay Lake
.....have a special meal (or tea)
.....go to the spa

So true! You know, I haven't been to the spa in many many moons. I love the spa at the Grand Floridian. A spa pedicure will be so lovely.

You've given me lots to think about! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter