November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~

BTW...We also had the option of a Secret Porthole Room and we declined it (a decision I am now starting to rethink since some of you will be up there). I was in 7622 at the Aft of the ship and I loved that location. We decided to go back to deck 2 to save some $ but it's Aft (although the SPR would have been $200 cheaper).

Now that I see that some of you are up on deck 5 and it would be really convenient to drop off/pick up at the kids club I kind of regret not booking that other room. Hmmm. I may have to contact my travel agent and see if its still available....To be continued...

Hi Everyone!!

I just got home from the 10/25-11/1 double dip cruise and we booked 11/7/09while we were on the ship for next year so we will be joining you!!!

Is there a fish extender group yet for this cruise? If there is I am totally 100% in!! It was so much fun to come back to our room and find all sorts of little goodies everyday.

Sailing will be Me (Eileen), my DH (Tony) and our DS (Michael...7 years old).

Glad to be aboard!!!

Welcome!!! We are so in for a fish extender exchange! I just bought a gorgeous FE from a fellow Dis-er for my Wonder cruise one week from today!!! I can't wait to use it again.

We have SPH room 5520- will rebook onboard because I think that will save us about $100, plus the OBC. So if you are having your TA rebook for you, be sure not to pick 5520!! I think DCL has to "throw it out there" during the cancel/rebook option for at least a few minutes. That makes me nervous!! We are in SPH 5020 on our Wonder cruise, and will keep the SPH as long as we like it. I think we will, and we definitely like saving money!!

Especially since I think we will be doing a vow renewal on this cruise!! I don't really care if none of my family comes... hey, it'll be me, DH, and our 2 kiddos in the Caribbean and on Disney... kinda the honeymoon I wanted but couldn't afford, because I was young and broke, hahaha. DH and I both love Disney... we went to DL for our first anniversary, LOL. Been APers since 94. I hope I can talk my family into going on this cruise, but I am not sure everyone will want to or is able to afford it.

Christine

Welcome!!! We are so in for a fish extender exchange! I just bought a gorgeous FE from a fellow Dis-er for my Wonder cruise one week from today!!! I can't wait to use it again.

We have SPH room 5520- will rebook onboard because I think that will save us about $100, plus the OBC. So if you are having your TA rebook for you, be sure not to pick 5520!! I think DCL has to "throw it out there" during the cancel/rebook option for at least a few minutes. That makes me nervous!! We are in SPH 5020 on our Wonder cruise, and will keep the SPH as long as we like it. I think we will, and we definitely like saving money!!

Especially since I think we will be doing a vow renewal on this cruise!! I don't really care if none of my family comes... hey, it'll be me, DH, and our 2 kiddos in the Caribbean and on Disney... kinda the honeymoon I wanted but couldn't afford, because I was young and broke, hahaha. DH and I both love Disney... we went to DL for our first anniversary, LOL. Been APers since 94. I hope I can talk my family into going on this cruise, but I am not sure everyone will want to or is able to afford it.

Christine

I doubt the cabin is still available for us anyway (not yours). I don't really mind too much, it's not a verandah and a window is just a window really. The only difference is the deck location. The cabin we have booked right now is 2618 which is right by the Aft elevators. I am definately going to contact my TA about changing the room to be a little closer towards mid ship, but still aft (know what I mean).

When I rebooked on this cruise I got a certificate to receive an additional $200 on board credit if I had a friend or family member book within 30 days of me. I doubt I will be able to use it but hopefully I can convince someone to book.

I think this week may not be a full week on board, hopefully we will get some upgrades :) that would be nice!!

Fish Extenders were great!! I got a lot of neat stuff from our group. (We had about 40 familys participate in FE's on this cruise and we put them 10 to a group). With such a small group of people so far it will be kind of nice to get to know everyone.

The gift exchange was nice - we did it last time as well but boy would I do it differently this time. Mine was too bulky and was a bit of pain when it came to packing. I also made the mistake of pre-packaging them instead of just pulling it altogether while on the ship.

The kids sure loved having gifts waiting for them when they got to their room.

I am going to have to go and look at the cabin - I did it so long ago that I cant remember what we booked. Mid ship is good. We were about 8 rooms down from an elevator last time which was VERY convenient.

Guest List so far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would provide a listing of who I believe is online with us so far.....let me know if I am missing anyone or if I captured any info incorrectly:

1. AverysMommy (Jessalynn) - DS10 - Spencer, DD7 - Avery. Markham Ontario (just north of Toronto)

2. Grumpymakesmehappy (Bridget) - Tennesee

3. SillylittlePixie (Christine) - DD12 - Rachel, DS9 - Kyle. California

4. MinnieMouse71 (Vicky) - DGD12, DGS10. Indiana

5. TiggerzFan (Donna) - DD7, DD3, Florida

6. lanand3 - DS6 - Ethan, DD6 - Macy, DD11 - Haley. Massachussets

7. Higgie - DD7 - Meghan, DD2 - Jennifer

8. A10560 - DS4, DS2

9. Stampinshauna

10. iamdaisyduck (Eileen), DH - Tony, DS7 Michael

Well one year from now I will be at Walt Disney World - WOO HOO.

I guess its time to start my favourite game - Try and lose weight before I go! My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I am always looking for support so if any of you want to join the Lose for Disney Challenge then I am all for it.

I will celebrate every 5 pounds as I need to celebrate or I lose interest!!!

Here is to drinking lots of water and walking every night!

:wishfifty

Well one year from now I will be at Walt Disney World - WOO HOO.

I guess its time to start my favourite game - Try and lose weight before I go! My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I am always looking for support so if any of you want to join the Lose for Disney Challenge then I am all for it.

I will celebrate every 5 pounds as I need to celebrate or I lose interest!!!

Here is to drinking lots of water and walking every night!

:wishfifty

Sure I'll play!! I'd like to lose 50 (or more :))

I just booked this cruise for DH and myself - no children sailing with us. We are 50 somethings with grown children. And the most exciting is that this is a back to back for us as we will stay on and do the western too. Late seating. Vickie and I, along with out DH's did the Southern on the Wonder back in 2006, and had a great time.

Guest List so far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would provide a listing of who I believe is online with us so far.....let me know if I am missing anyone or if I captured any info incorrectly:

1. AverysMommy (Jessalynn) - DS10 - Spencer, DD7 - Avery. Markham Ontario (just north of Toronto)

2. Grumpymakesmehappy (Bridget) - Tennesee

3. SillylittlePixie (Christine) - DD12 - Rachel, DS9 - Kyle. California

4. MinnieMouse71 (Vicky) - DGD12, DGS10. Indiana

5. TiggerzFan (Donna) - DD7, DD3, Florida

6. lanand3 - DS6 - Ethan, DD6 - Macy, DD11 - Haley. Massachussets

7. Higgie - DD7 - Meghan, DD2 - Jennifer

8. A10560 - DS4, DS2

9. Stampinshauna

10. iamdaisyduck (Eileen), DH - Tony, DS7 Michael

11. glindamood (Gail), DH, Michigan

I just booked this cruise for DH and myself - no children sailing with us. We are 50 somethings with grown children. And the most exciting is that this is a back to back for us as we will stay on and do the western too. Late seating. Vickie and I, along with out DH's did the Southern on the Wonder back in 2006, and had a great time.

WELCOME ABOARD

Glad to see lots of people joining now....what are you most looking forward to on the cruise?

WELCOME ABOARD

Glad to see lots of people joining now....what are you most looking forward to on the cruise?

Well, other than I don't have to get off Saturday other than to check in for the following cruise (I really don't mean to rub that in but it is an awesome feeling) I think St. Croix. That is a new port for us and I love to explore.

DH and I did our first cruise in 2000 on the Magic, and have sailed at least once each year (just did the Oct 4 on the Magic) except for last year. DH had to have a spinal fusion and we had to cancel our family reunion cruise on the Wonder over Thanksgiving. Everyone else went and had a great time - and missed us some I imagine too. I hate making Thanksgiving dinner for 2.

I need to go back and look through the previous posts. Are we doing Fish Extender gifts, Secret Mickey's or anything else special planned? Gee, you would think we were sailing next week!

Gail, staying on board will be great!! We had dinner with people who did that last year and they did a quick reboard with them but never made them get off the ship so they had the ship to themselves for 3 or 4 hours before anyone else got on the ship!!!

We had a great time on the cruise, even with Key West. The main problem with Key West is that it is a more of an adult port, a lot of bars and stuff like that. We walked around a little but didn't do much more than that!! My DH lost his job in May and is still looking for a job so he was able to go to an internet cafe and do some job searching so that was a plus. We are pretty much banking on the fact that he will get a job soon (I hope), otherwise we will not be going on the November 7th cruise at all!! So keep your fingers crossed.

I didn't get to meet too many Disboard folks on the Halloween cruise, I had fully planned on being more involved in the boards but got so involved with work and my son's school that it just never happened. This group is alot smaller (which I kind of like) so hopefully we will all get to know each other before next year.

Did your SIL enjoy the cruise?

Gail, staying on board will be great!! We had dinner with people who did that last year and they did a quick reboard with them but never made them get off the ship so they had the ship to themselves for 3 or 4 hours before anyone else got on the ship!!!

We had a great time on the cruise, even with Key West. The main problem with Key West is that it is a more of an adult port, a lot of bars and stuff like that. We walked around a little but didn't do much more than that!! My DH lost his job in May and is still looking for a job so he was able to go to an internet cafe and do some job searching so that was a plus. We are pretty much banking on the fact that he will get a job soon (I hope), otherwise we will not be going on the November 7th cruise at all!! So keep your fingers crossed.

I didn't get to meet too many Disboard folks on the Halloween cruise, I had fully planned on being more involved in the boards but got so involved with work and my son's school that it just never happened. This group is alot smaller (which I kind of like) so hopefully we will all get to know each other before next year.

Did your SIL enjoy the cruise?

We have never done the BTB so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I am thrilled that there won't be any competition in the laundry room as I will be doing my laundry during the turn around I hope.

DSIL was very happy to be able to get to Key West. It isn't one of my favorite stops but that is because both times I was there it was really hot (read really, REALLY HOT!!) and humid. We took the trolley tour the last time and I enjoyed that but the first time we walked all the way to the southern most point and that is a pretty far hike. But, we bar stopped/hopped on the way back and that was very interesting. Remember, my children are all older so that was possible.

My DH lost his job over a year ago and along with his health issues, it has been a challenge but we own DVC so I what can I do??? Yep - a BTB sounds good to me.

We have never done the BTB so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I am thrilled that there won't be any competition in the laundry room as I will be doing my laundry during the turn around I hope.

DSIL was very happy to be able to get to Key West. It isn't one of my favorite stops but that is because both times I was there it was really hot (read really, REALLY HOT!!) and humid. We took the trolley tour the last time and I enjoyed that but the first time we walked all the way to the southern most point and that is a pretty far hike. But, we bar stopped/hopped on the way back and that was very interesting. Remember, my children are all older so that was possible.

My DH lost his job over a year ago and along with his health issues, it has been a challenge but we own DVC so I what can I do??? Yep - a BTB sounds good to me.

We own DVC as well :) We also went to Key West when we did our first Disney Cruise in May 2007 and it was really REALLY HOT as well! Not a fun experience at all. The weather was definately better this time around so that's a plus.

Link to enter our info found and it has been completed. I didn't go forward far from post 401 and there it was. Geez, it appears we are the oldsters - but not by much. Don't care - I am going on a cruise! I am wearing a smile that won't come off anytime soon. Just love having something to plan. Not only am I a compulsive planner - I am a charter memeber of overpackers anonymous and I DO ship a box to the port too.

My daughter and my grandchildren had to cancel this cruise. Just wasn't going to work out for them this time.:sad: I am really gonna miss them. The good news is that I just found out that glindamood is on this cruise too. We sailed with them on the 11 day cruise a couple oof years ago and had a great time. Only a year to go!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Vickie

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the 11 day cruise icon at the bottom of my posts?

My daughter and my grandchildren had to cancel this cruise. Just wasn't going to work out for them this time.:sad: I am really gonna miss them. The good news is that I just found out that glindamood is on this cruise too. We sailed with them on the 11 day cruise a couple oof years ago and had a great time. Only a year to go!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Vickie

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the 11 day cruise icon at the bottom of my posts?

I'm sorry that didn't work out!! :sad2: Glad you'll still be there, though. Cool that you know someone already from before!

I have convinced my inlaws to join us on this cruise, and will book for them when I am on the Wonder starting Sunday!! It will be their first cruise ever.

Christine

Vickie

that is too bad about your kids......now you can go wild (LOL)!

Isnt it great how the people get to know each other from cruise to cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter