November 6, 2013 - Magic from Miami

OK, I know that can't be true...LOL!! Where is everyone??? I'm reying to get this thing started so we can be on the cruise meets site!!! I can't wait until this cruise!!!!:cool1:

I did laugh and say it is the quietest one we have ever seen. I'm excited to have others with us though!

Here is a little on us. It is myself (Ann) and my husband Frank. We are travelig without our daughter for this one. She is not happy with us, but she will get over it.

We have done the Dream twice, but I have always wanted to do the Magic so when they were going out of Miami and going to Key West, I was able to talk my husband into this one.

We booked our hotel in South Beach already, just waiting for SW to release flights for November so we can book that. It's going to be a long 6 months.

Hi there!!! I'm so glad there's people now!!! LOL!!! I am Kimberley, and my DH is Mark. We have DD Jordan who is 11 (as of 2 weeks ago) and DS Lucas who turned 9 in January. This is our third DCL cruise. We sailed on the Wonder in 2010 and Dream in 2011. I loved both, and I think they both have advantages and disadvantages. I do believe you can't go wrong with DCL.:cool1:

I so wish this was closer.... Oh and I sent a link to Irish Cowboy requesting that he link this as an official cruis meet!!!

We had a great group on our last cruise and made some wonderful friends. We are doing a reunion cruise with some of them next July. I ran the princess 1/2 marathon this past February with 3 of them. It's always nice to have people that share your passion.

We have only done the Dream, but are excited about the older ship. Which did you like better?

It's too bad we aren't bringing our daugher who is also 11. She is mad at us, but trust me when I say she is quite spoiled and is not suffering by any means.

I'm just glad we get a small Disney fix in June when we go to the world for a week.

I am hoping to meet up with some people, since I've heard such wonderful things about the people you meet... We went on the Wonder first. We had actually gotten the trip for "free" when we joined DVC. I loved that ship, and we had a great time. I thought it was just as great as the Dream, with less people. The only real differences I saw we're less technology and the Aquaduck. The excellent service is the same!!!

We are using points and staying at the Holiday Inn on Collins in Miami Beach the night before. I may add in one more night prior as we'll. we are in NJ, and that is teachers convention week. Prior to this year, my kids had the whole week off. For some reason, they switched it up for 13-14. So they have Thursday, fri, and half a day tues off...very odd indeed. So I guess as it stands, they are only missing weds.

That's good. I really want to try one of the originals.

I want to see South Beach so I'm excited about that. There are a few restaurants I'm looking at that I want to try. I wish it was closer than 7 months away.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

My travel agent is working on booking us for this cruise. I have been wanting to get a cruise finalized but it is always hard to come up with a time that works for everyone in the family.

My family consists of myself, my husband, ds17, ds15, and dd10. We are planning on spending a few days at universal before the cruise. I still have all the plans to make but have a few months to so this.

My travel agent is working on booking us for this cruise. I have been wanting to get a cruise finalized but it is always hard to come up with a time that works for everyone in the family.

My family consists of myself, my husband, ds17, ds15, and dd10. We are planning on spending a few days at universal before the cruise. I still have all the plans to make but have a few months to so this.

Hi and welcome!!! That would be great. Your dd is right in between my two kids. I am hoping that they can meet some kids to hang out with on the cruise. On the previous two cruises they spent a fair amount of time in the kids clubs, but I have no idea what they will want to do this time around... It's been two years since we were aboard.

So let's introduce ourselves!!! We live in NJ :( neither of us is from here, and I thought living here was temporary, but that was 19 years ago. LOL!!! I am a behavioral health NYSE, and DH is a software engineer. I work part time and do all the house/kid stuff as well. Both of our kids play travel soccer, which keeps us pretty busy.

It's will be our third cruise. We were on the Wonder in 2010 and the Dream in 2011. I loved both ships and do not really have a preference between the classic and the newer ones. I am excited to see what the Magic has to offer.

Welcome Aboard!!

We live in IL in a small town about 90 miles from Chicago. I work in sales operations for a hunting company that some might have heard of, Hard Core Brands and Bone Collector (also a TV show). My husband is a finance manager for a car dealer. We are traveling without our 10 year old for a quick getaway for our 12th Anniversary.

This is our 4th cruise and our 3rd with Disney. We have been on the Dream twice and are excited to try the original ships now. We have the Fantasy booked for next July as a reunion cruise with friends we made on our last Dream cruise.

I introduced my kids in a previous post. They are involved in lots between dance , running, swimming, and Boy Scouts. It is hard to believe my oldest will be graduating at the end of next year. We will be celebrating early a 16 year birthday and graduation. I looked at summer cruises but the prices are crazy and with schedules it is hard to find a time.

I am a special education teacher at a high school and my husband is a manager at a local grocery store. This will be our third Disney cruise. Previous two trips were on the Wonder so I think we will adjust easy to the Magic.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Hopefully activity on this thread will pick up in the next few months.

Until a few days ago, we didn't even have a thread... I have been wondering where everyone is! It's is actually the 4th cruise for Mark and I. We sailed in NCL on our honeymoon...almost 18 years ago!!!! When did we get old???? I like that line, although its hard to remember a lot of details. I have been very impressed with DCL, and though we have looked at other lines, we keep coming back!

I am starting to plan the universal part of the trip. Any experience with this? It is hard with a family of 5. We have been spoiled by resorts and prefer not to squish into a hotel room. Starting to look and feeling overwhelmed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter