**November 2019 check in ***

The date isn't set in stone, but we're planning to be there Nov 16th for one day. My daughter and her friend (who has never been to Disneyland) are saving up money for their tickets and to help with the hotel (we're probably staying in the Buena Vista area) and we're just doing one day during Christmas time. (With Maxpass, of course! :) )

we’ll be there nov 27-30. Any advice/tips and/or threads dedicated to thanksgiving week?

We'll be there Nov. 27-29...We usually go earlier in the week, but couldn't get time off work. So from my experience earlier in the week and reading up on the later half...it'll be crowded. Have a good plan for what you want to ride and use maxpass if possible. Make a reservation for a meal if you want something specifically Thanksgiving-y to eat on the big holiday. If you want to see the fireworks or parade anywhere near the hub, plan to get there early. It's usually packed (though viewing from IASM is also pleasant and you don't have to be there quite as early). And if you have little kids, go meet Santa. I prefer the one at DCA as the scenery is more my style, but both parks are great for the meet and greet. Mostly, enjoy!

We’ll be there the 16th of November thru the 19th! I’m pretty excited as I’ve never been there for any of the Christmas decorations before, and it’ll be over a year since our last visit, so SWGE is finally up and happening... Staying at GCH for those days, then heading to Huntington Beach where fiancé has a school for a few more days. I’m a little nervous about the crowds though, since it’s the week before Thanksgiving, hoping and praying with everything crossed that it will be at least tolerable, I’ve never been there when it’s capacity-type crowded. I honestly hadn’t planned on coming back for a couple more years, but the opportunity came up, so of course I jumped on it!

We’ll be there the 16th of November thru the 19th! I’m pretty excited as I’ve never been there for any of the Christmas decorations before, and it’ll be over a year since our last visit, so SWGE is finally up and happening... Staying at GCH for those days, then heading to Huntington Beach where fiancé has a school for a few more days. I’m a little nervous about the crowds though, since it’s the week before Thanksgiving, hoping and praying with everything crossed that it will be at least tolerable, I’ve never been there when it’s capacity-type crowded. I honestly hadn’t planned on coming back for a couple more years, but the opportunity came up, so of course I jumped on it!
Not that I have any idea about November crowds... but I don’t think it‘ll be capacity crowded the weekend before thanksgivingday... (not there is any giving thing about crowds this year...)
but I know how you feel... I‘ll be there the thanksgiving weekend... I am nervous and I never really had a very, very crowded day. It wasn’t even even close to capacity or wall to wall crowds...

We don't have a Nov 2019 trip planned, but we were there for Thanksgiving 2018 (Thurs-Sat) so I hope it's ok that I'm crashing this party!

For those wondering about Thanksgiving crowds, our experience was that there were a lot of people, but it was very manageable, especially with Maxpass. The shows and fireworks were crowded, but we rode every ride we wanted to, many multiple times. The only one that was a struggle was RSR. We only managed to get one FP for that. Had multiple FPs for everything else and never waited more than 30 minutes (maybe even only 20) in a line. RD and evenings were definitely the lightest crowds, so you might want to do a midday break.

I hope that helps! It was a fantastic and magical trip that I'm always happy to talk about, so if you have questions feel free to ask!

DH and I will be at Disneyland November 12-17, five nights at Tropicana.

I was last there with my sister May-June 2019. We had reservations on opening day for Galaxy's Edge. We didn't make it into Oga's Cantina that trip so it's top priority for me and DH on this trip. Also looking forward to enjoying all the holiday festivities!

Going the 2nd week in November to celebrate our "family-moon" Husband and I just got married in March had our honeymoon in Costa Rica. Now Husband, myself and my 2 girls are going to Disneyland in November to celebrate our new family. The girls and I have been to Disneyland before but this will be husbands first trip. Hoping the Christmas decorations will be up as we've never been for the holiday's. We're staying at Best Western, love that it's within walking distance. 4 days at Disneyland and 1 day at Universal.

Any ideas for something fun/extra to do while we're there? I usually like to book something special as a fun surprise.

The Wine Country dining package is great. We used the package for PTN, but you could do WoC. Same price whether lunch or dinner and the food is great. We had a better time there than our nightmare Carthay Circle experience.

Blue Bayou is pretty awesome too.

We will be there Nov 16-22, staying in the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance (because dang the Grand Cali has gotten even more nuts since we stayed there in 2015...) - from Florida, long time WDW vets, second pilgrimage. :)

Maybe a dumb question, but does Fantasmic run during the holidays at DL? Does it get some kind of holiday theme/overlay like WOC?

We saw Fantasmic when we were at DL in January 2018 (had the BB dining package), so I'm not sure it's worth trying to fit it in again.

Based on previous years, can anyone tell me what time WOC usually starts in early Nov?

Also...approx when is sunset (to watch Cars Land Neon sign lighting)? I'm trying to figure out how long between the Sunset lighting and WOC to figure out timing for dinner...

Maybe a dumb question, but does Fantasmic run during the holidays at DL? Does it get some kind of holiday theme/overlay like WOC?

We saw Fantasmic when we were at DL in January 2018 (had the BB dining package), so I'm not sure it's worth trying to fit it in again.
It does run. We watched it the Saturday after Thanksgiving, though I think it ran on Thanksgiving also. I have only see it the once, so I don't know about any changes, but there was nothing specifically holiday-esque about it so I'm assuming it's business as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter