November 1, 2012 ~ 3-Night Dream

I'm afraid of what the hurricane is doing to CC. We were there in 2004 after Frances and Jeanne and it was sad. Lots of dead foliage and the palm trees were stripped of fronds.

Does anybody know if CC is taking the full hit from Sandy?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Zandy595 said:
I'm afraid of what the hurricane is doing to CC. We were there in 2004 after Frances and Jeanne and it was sad. Lots of dead foliage and the palm trees were stripped of fronds.

When we were there in 2010, excursions were cancelled due to storms the week before. Stingray enclosure was one that was damaged.

OK, I hope this rain ends soon. Things are trying to get in the house. I opened the door to go out and get the newspaper this morning and a baby corn snake fell from above and hit my hand on the way to the ground. :scared1: :faint: I looked at it quick to make sure it wasn't in the house before I slammed the door shut. I hate snakes! I looked it up to make sure it wasn't a pygmy rattler.
Looks kind of like this. And no, that is not my hand.
baby-corn-snakes-for-sale_4643088.jpg

Hi All

We are here! At SSR! Bit windy but hopefully it will clear soon. Forecast looks better for tomorrow. Better than home my Mum says she was scraping ice off her car this morning!

Paula Sedley-Burke said:
Hi All

We are here! At SSR! Bit windy but hopefully it will clear soon. Forecast looks better for tomorrow. Better than home my Mum says she was scraping ice off her car this morning!

Enjoy! We have 3 more sleeps until we are there!

Janet

2 more sleeps for us! Travel to Gatwick Monday , then fly Tuesday!

We were there in 2004 after Frances and Jeanne and it was sad. Lots of dead foliage and the palm trees were stripped of fronds.

We went in Sept 2004 after Frances, too. My mom's name is Frances so she had her pic. taken with the "Frances was here" sign they had up.

Zandy, I hate snakes too! I had a corn snake like that fall on my head one time when I was taking the trash out! I'm sure the neighbors got a good laugh at the screaming, jumping and flailing about I was doing.:rotfl2:

http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_..._assessing_sandys_impact_on_castaway_cay.html

Looks like the eye of the Cat. 1 Hurricaine Sandy hit CC... hopefully soon we know what the fully means. It did say that the Dream is going back to CC on Tuesday and the Fantasy the day after, so hopefully the crew has time to get things straightened out before we arrive next weekend? Any thoughts?:confused3
We might not hear anything until Tuesday, when the Dream is supposed to be at CC. I'm not sure how long it took to get things cleaned up after the last hurricane hit. I believe they had to dredge the docking area, which took some time. Hopefully they won't have to do that.

well we are packed and ready to travel to Gatwick Airport tomorrow for our pre flight stay at the Hilton. We fly out to Orlando on Tuesday for our pre cruise stay at POR. See you all on the ship on Thursday! Very excited! May celebrate my packing with some red wine !

Hi ,
We are first time cruisers and definitly first time disney. It is our daughter's 10th Birthday on the 1st and this will be a surprise...hope it works :-)
Someone just told us about the Fish Hangers and that our kids would love it.
I just found this site and saw the cutoff date is long gone.
Any way to still sign up or join in?
Thanks

Hi ,
We are first time cruisers and definitly first time disney. It is our daughter's 10th Birthday on the 1st and this will be a surprise...hope it works :-)
Thanks

:welcome:
Paula, the person who organized the fish extender exchange has already started her vacation. It would be up to whomever is still checking this thread. I'm not participating in it myself.

:cold: I'm freezing. The cold front got here earlier than expected. It's 54° right now and is only supposed to get up to 71°. Luckily it will warmer on Thursday.

RDP said:
well we are packed and ready to travel to Gatwick Airport tomorrow for our pre flight stay at the Hilton. We fly out to Orlando on Tuesday for our pre cruise stay at POR. See you all on the ship on Thursday! Very excited! May celebrate my packing with some red wine !

Have a safe journey! We are here now! Weather a bit cooler than normal but be nice by the time you arrive!

Zandy595 said:
:welcome:
Paula, the person who organized the fish extender exchange has already started her vacation. It would be up to whomever is still checking this thread. I'm not participating in it myself.

:cold: I'm freezing. The cold front got here earlier than expected. It's 54° right now and is only supposed to get up to 71°. Luckily it will warmer on Thursday.

Hi

Just signed in! We could drop off a little something for your daughter. What cabin number are you please? Let me know what you all like and we will do our best. We are delivery on night 2 so we will deliver to you then.

Paula

Hi

Just signed in! We could drop off a little something for your daughter. What cabin number are you please? Let me know what you all like and we will do our best. We are delivery on night 2 so we will deliver to you then.

Paula
Hey Paula, I didn't think we'd hear from you again. Hope you're having fun at WDW.

Zandy595 said:

You guys are so funny!! It's 23 degrees now here and our high is only going to be 37. So I'll be in my shorts tomorrow when we get to Orlando!!

Cheers!

Ganza said:
Hi ,
Thanks

Hi there! As per my previous post we are currently on vacation at SSR! But if you let me know all your names, your kids ages what you like we will pick you up some presents and deliver them to your stateroom on night 2. Let us know your stateroom also. My name is Paula and my DW is Jo we are from the UK. Welcome to the FE!

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter