November 1, 2012 ~ 3-Night Dream

10 days! :beach:

We're going to Benihana tonight for my birthday. I can pretend I'm on the cruise already. The restaurant is right on the water and I don't have to cook or wash dishes. ;)

Zandy595 said:
10 days! :beach:

We're going to Benihana tonight for my birthday. I can pretend I'm on the cruise already. The restaurant is right on the water and I don't have to cook or wash dishes. ;)

Happy Birthday! How lovely re your evening. Have a great time :-)

Well, the "getting ready for the cruise" stress has started. DS16 will not go shopping for new pants and only has one pair that fit. He hasn't worn pants since March and then it was mostly jeans. So he'll be wearing the same pair at dinner every night. It's not worth the frustration to argue with him anymore. Good thing it's only a 3-night cruise. :rolleyes2

Zandy595 said:
Well, the "getting ready for the cruise" stress has started. DS16 will not go shopping for new pants and only has one pair that fit. He hasn't worn pants since March and then it was mostly jeans. So he'll be wearing the same pair at dinner every night. It's not worth the frustration to argue with him anymore. Good thing it's only a 3-night cruise. :rolleyes2

Lol 16 I remember those days! Good job the ship has a laundry... I remember my Mum sneaking into my room grabbing my jeans, washing them and returning them for the morning. Of course I was mad the grass stain was gone and what was that clean smell of detergent doing on them lol...

Hurricane Sandy
Travel Advisories

Tropical Weather Update

10/24/2012

We are currently monitoring Hurricane Sandy very closely as it moves north through the Caribbean towards The Bahamas.

At this time, the October 25, 2012 Disney Dream sailing will depart Port Canaveral as scheduled. However, given the predicted path of the storm, we realize that the ship's itinerary will need to be altered as the storm passes through The Bahamas.

Unfortunately, the storm is expected to produce tropical storm and hurricane force winds near Nassau and our private island, Disney's Castaway Cay for most of the day on Friday and early on Saturday.
The revised itinerary is as follows:

Thursday, October 25 - Port Canaveral, Florida
Friday, October 26 - Day at Sea
Saturday, October 27 - Nassau (pending weather conditions)
Sunday, October 28 - Port Canaveral, Florida

The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. If necessary, our Captains are always prepared to alter the ships' courses or itineraries to navigate away from inclement weather.

Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will be on her way up the coast of the US when we are all enjoying Castaway Cay!

Too bad those departing now miss out on CC. I would be disappointed.

Dana

Hopefully Hurricane Sandy will be on her way up the coast of the US when we are all enjoying Castaway Cay!

Too bad those departing now miss out on CC. I would be disappointed.

Dana

We in FL coast have advisory of getting the out skirts of Sandy Thursday and Friday. We are expected to have 40-60 mph winds and rain for the next three days.

I checked weather.com and Nassau on the 2nd, the forecast is to be 83 partly cloudy only 10% chance of rain and 9mph winds. Sounds great!!:cheer2:

We in FL coast have advisory of getting the out skirts of Sandy Thursday and Friday. We are expected to have 40-60 mph winds and rain for the next three days.

I checked weather.com and Nassau on the 2nd, the forecast is to be 83 partly cloudy only 10% chance of rain and 9mph winds. Sounds great!!:cheer2:
Yep, looks good for our cruise. :goodvibes

We're in Martin county (north of Palm Beach) and we keep getting weather alerts from the local stations. I'm not happy. I need to do a lot of grocery shopping either tomorrow or Friday for a birthday party for my mom on Saturday. It's not going to be fun with all the rain and wind. :umbrella: :sad2:

Looks like we're going to get a cold front next Tuesday. High 73°, low 57°. I'm going to freeze. :cold:

Do you adjust your clocks in Florida around this time? Just wondering as we put ours back one hour this weekend.

Do you adjust your clocks in Florida around this time? Just wondering as we put ours back one hour this weekend.
We will set our clocks back an hour at 2am on November 4 (or before you go to bed on the 3rd). We get an extra hour on the ship. :yay:

I just thought about this...We will move our clocks back one hour the 4th at 2 AM.... so does this mean we technically get an extra hour aboard the ship??

It is rainy this morning but no wind here in Osceola county.

Paula, we set our clocks back the Saturday night /Sunday morning that we are on the ship. So we get an extra hour on the ship!:cool1:

It is rainy this morning but no wind here in Osceola county.

Paula, we set our clocks back the Saturday night /Sunday morning that we are on the ship. So we get an extra hour on the ship!:cool1:

We got some heavy rain and wind last night, but now it's just cloudy and breezy. Schools are closing early today and probably closed tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter