Not so Happy dance

M2DD's

DIS Veteran
I don't know whats gotten into me.We leave in 3 days and I'm not that excited. I was more excited when we booked in april than I am now. I got most of the packing done and just have a few errands before we leave.Whats my problem? Anyone eles feel this way.I should be bouncing off the wall.
Laura

I always get that pre-disney funk.

It is like suddenly what I have looked forward to So much is finally upon me and I am sad that anticipation is ending...crazy I know. It happens every trip for me. So I muddle through that last week (which is why I am on this board...trying to catch that excitment). Then when we go on the trip, I am happy, happy, happy. We return and I live on the happy memories for a few weeks, and then I begin the planning stage all over again :)

Oh honey this is COMPLETELY normal. I swear I get the Same.Way. And nobody is more excited for Disney than I am (other than my fellow Diser's).

Like PA Princess said, a lot of the fun is in the planning and the anticipation of going. When all that is said and done and you're literally on your way to Disney, the new excitement of GOING TO DISNEY hits you!

Again, this is totally normal. I promise. Have a FABULOUS trip-I bet you deserve one! :)

I am totally with you on this one. This is the first year I'm not excited all the way up till the day we leave. I have 17 days to go before my trip and I'm already in the Disney funk. Maybe because I know that the trip is so close and then it will be over before I know it. I'm already getting depressed for my trip to be over and it hasn't even begun yet :rotfl: I'm glad to know I"m not the only one in the "funk" either.:hug:

Just the pre-Disney jitters! Wait until you get there -- you will be happy and excited again. Try to breathe deeply and hang a little loose! Don't sweat any small stuff -- OK! :hug:

I always get the pre-disney funk... Especially the day I am leaving. But -- that is what the dis boards are for.....

And once you get to disney -- it is all worth it.

Thanks for all the support:hug:
Today I am a bit more happier. We leave in 2 days so I have enough stuff to keep me busy around the house.:laundy:
This morning I woke up and had the butterfly feeling in your stomache when your anticipating something(I don't know how to describe it)Sometime I even feel neausus(sp?)
I hope everyone has a safe trip:)
Laura

Oh, I am so relieved! I thought I was the only one who felt let down after the planning ends and the trip is about to begin! Having gone through this many times, I have discovered a cure. Just start planning your next trip to WDW! That puts me right back on cloud 9! :cloud9:

We had planned our last trip (September 2006) for three years. It was all I could think about. I was so excited. Then that week before came and I was so depressed. I even started crying it was so bad. I was already totally down because I knew it was almost over. I didn't snap out of it until we actually got to the parks. Even the flight down I was feeling this way.

We have another trip planned for September 2009 and I am loving the planning stage but I know that week before it will hit me again.

Thanks for all the support:hug:
Today I am a bit more happier. We leave in 2 days so I have enough stuff to keep me busy around the house.:laundy:
This morning I woke up and had the butterfly feeling in your stomache when your anticipating something(I don't know how to describe it)Sometime I even feel neausus(sp?)
I hope everyone has a safe trip:)
Laura

TWO MORE DAYS!!!! WOOHOO!!! :cool1: :cool1: Before you know it your going to be there... I think your just "planned" out... or maybe your sad cause planning is over... but you have the best thing to look forward too and thats spending time w/ your family and MICKEY MOUSE (or insert your favorite character there) .... I think that little butterfly in your belly was doing the happy dance this morning and he was just trying to get your anxious feelings going...

I HOPE YOU HAVE A MAGICAL MAGICAL TRIP! before you know it you will be doing the ONE DAY DANCE.... :banana: :banana:

You just have the last minute "too much stuff to get done" jitters. That will all go away when the time to go actually arrives!! :wizard:

We are leaving for the airport in 30 minutes and I've been crabby all day. I'm not sure what it is. I'm worried about the heat and humidity. I'm worried I won't like Pop Century.

In a few hours I'll be at Disney and I should be excited. I'm sure it will pass!

We are leaving for the airport in 30 minutes and I've been crabby all day. I'm not sure what it is. I'm worried about the heat and humidity. I'm worried I won't like Pop Century.

In a few hours I'll be at Disney and I should be excited. I'm sure it will pass!

Have a GREAT Time!!!!!

I too am in a funk!!!

I leave in 6 days and will be arriving at the park in a week.

ONE week!!!!

I know that it is too late to really order anything else and have it arrive in time. (which is good, cuz I spent WAY too much already)

Now I just have to pack it in suitcases, which I have laying on my bedroom floor.

And yet.... I just feel so empty and lost right now...

I should be happier than I have ever been... and I just can't get the motor started!!!!

Thanks for being here guys... you really make me feel like it is okay to be like this. I love the DIS!!!!

Everytime have gone I have the same Blue funk and I have read that many
get the same right before leaving. I keep mine until we usally hit Toll road right by the Orlando airport since we always drive down. Maybe it's just worry that we missed something in all our planning or some unforseen dread will spoil the magic. But that is why after checking in the first thing I do is grab a bus and head for DTD or a monorail ride. That fixes everything.
Have a wonderful time and relax it will all be fine

Don't feel bad...so many of us go through that!! Honestly I'm going through that now (probably doesn't help that both of my jobs keep adding shifts to my only days off, so I'm running around ragged). It's happened to me before nearly every trip. But then there's always a moment (and last year it was when we were at the airport to fly out to MCO) that it suddenly changes and it's also Disney excitement again!! Don't worry, your moment will come! :)

I'm so glad to hear that this is normal! I have been in a funk for two days and I just can't put my finger on whats bothering me!
Today I started making another list of what I need to pack and whats left to purchase. That seemed to help. I think I have the sickness....:sick:

I thknk it is also the anticipation that things aren't going to be what they seem -- the line wil be too long -- it will rain so much -- those are the things we cannot plan for...
this time - i am going to stop and smell the roses and not worry so much about the things I cannot control -- I know I will always be able to go there again (i hope anyway) -- see there I go again -- :rotfl: :rotfl:
Everyone - Enjoy your trip.. we are all going to have an amazing time :cool1: :cool1:

Well, I'm glad to know that other people have this same Disney sickness too.:laughing: I've been planning my trip since Dec. 06 for Dec. 07 and all the plans are made, except waiting for the day to call for a Wishes Cruise. I feel like I'm all dressed up and nowhere to go, and it is a little depressing. And, yes, I'm already feeling a little sad that it will probably be 2009 before I get to go back.:sad2: So, I just read the DISboard everyday, and visit my other favorite WDW sites, and I feel better. Plus, looking at all the neat pics on the Picture Forum helps give me photo opps to think about. I've tried staring at my MouseTrack (desktop countdown - really neat if you don't have one - www.mousetrack.com) to make it go faster but that never works.:hourglass. Well, everyone going in Dec. 07 will soon be down in the double-digit days. Yeeha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter